October 25, 2014 | 1652 users online

Powder - Innoxa - Pure Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by smootsa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't have particularly high hopes when I bought this foundation from an online discounter. I've been aware of the Innoxa brand for a long time, and didn't identify it as one that had anything to interest me, but I was trialling mineral makeup so I thought I'd give it a go.

As it turns out, it's an excellent everyday foundation - so much so, I've pretty much given up my liquid foundations, unless I'm going for a dewy look, which mineral foundations don't really give you.

Application is easy - it's hard to get it wrong - and not too messy if you use a good kabuki brush and build up a small amount of product at a time. It gives a near flawless light finish - you may need concealer on tricky areas - and looks really even and natural. It settles well on the skin and never feels tacky, and gives good grip for cheek colour. It lasts well and is easy to touch up. Best of all, it feels comfortable on dry skin, copes well with oiliness, and doesn't cause any irritation or breakouts. I can't fault it. Its speed and ease of application, skin-friendliness, and sparkle-free finish make it a great product for 'no makeup' days too, when you want more even skin without a made-up look.

Even the packaging is good. The container is compact and portable, but has a decent amount of product. The brush is small-handled but soft and dense enough for touch ups, and the lid fits well, so it can happily live in your makeup bag without any problems.

Colour choice could be the only issue. Unusually for a limited colour range, I find the lightest (fair) still works well on my pale (NC15/NW15) skin, and the colour seems pretty forgiving, so it could also work for an NC20/NW20 looking for a yellow-toned base.

All in all, I'm really impressed with this foundation - and now the brand - and I'm definitely repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by stephwinter88

This mineral powder is amazing it looks so natural and provides great coverage. I have decided to give up my foundation for mineral powder as I find they provide a much more natural, flawless finish and are much quicker to apply. This is great for someone like me who doesn't have the time or patience to spend too much time on makeup.

I use the second shade medium even though I am quite pale. This gives a nice colour to my face as if I have a natural tan which I love. It does not look cakey and used with a primer lasts a while.

I would repurchase but I have just bought the Ultraceuticals CC mineral powder which I think may be superior as it is more finely milled and is a pressed powder. However, for the price (I paid $20 at Myer) this is a very affordable product which I would highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by HotPozzum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wish I had discovered this years ago! I use the Innoxa Satin Finish liquid foundation mixed with Olay oil-free moisturiser but in summer here (QLD) - I just look hot & shiny within hours despite not having particularly oily skin. Have tried a few powder compacts before but all were too dry, cakey and orange! I have very pale skin with light freckles so have really struggle to find anything specifically "beige-toned" - not pink or yellow.

This mineral powder goes on lightly but builds excellent coverage - I find it non-drying but prevents shine and really evens out my skin tone perfectly. The container is small but a little goes a long way. The brush works well and the cap keeps it neat & clean. Seems to last all day and not rub off onto clothing etc. No scent of any kind and I've had no skin irritation or breakouts since using it - in fact I think my skin is looking better! Costs about $AU20 which I think is ok and I use the lightest shade "Fair". So far I would highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by DrZoidberg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Innoxa is an Australian brand which has been around since 1930 and have always prided themselves on being against animal testing, and also providing quality, hypo-allergenic products. They have a nice selection of makeup and skincare. I've tried quite a few different mineral foundations and Innoxa's is one of the best for me. I'll start by saying that my skin is quite fussy. I'm oily in my t-zone but normal on cheeks. My t-zone is also prone to dermatitis so I often have flaking to deal with. On top of that I'm prone to cystic acne in my chin area and I have some mild rosacea I like to conceal. So as you can see, my skin is not "normal" lol. On to the review.

Here is what Innoxa promise with this mineral makeup:
"A light and gentle mineral powder formulation designed to revive skin radiance and promote glowing, healthy skin. Contains vitamins C and E for added skincare benefits and is perfect for those with sensitive skin. Skin Types: All, including sensitive skin. Available in 3 skin-perfect shades. Formula: Powder. Coverage: Light. Benefits: Free from preservatives, parabens and talcs. 100 % Fragrance Free."

I use the lightest shade on my NC20 skin - shade Fair - and this works for me. I would be in trouble if this oxidised but thankfully this does not. (Yay). I would say that the coverage of this is Light but Buildable. I find I get best results by building up very light layers using a kabuki brush. I get good concealment over red areas when I'm done. I don't think it's particularly good at concealing enlarged pores (I've yet to meet a loose MMU that does) so I suggest using a primer for those. I find that the staying power of this is very good for a MMU. I get a good 6 hours out of it if I prime my oily areas with my Avene Cleanance Anti Shine lotion. After the 6 hour mark, it does need a touch up, as oils do get through and mess up the finish. Some real thought has gone into the packaging design and I really like it. There is a clear cap which protects the brush, which is mounted in the screw top lid. The brush is surprisingly soft and is adequate for touch ups, however I find it a bit small so I rarely use it. When you unscrew the lid, there is a sifter. I shake a little product out into a separate small dish that I have. But you could use your palm I guess :) I don't consider this makeup especially cheap at AUD$19.95 but it performs so well that I'm actually on my 2nd pack. I recently tried (the much praised) Alima and honestly it was no different to this. So Aussie girls, I suggest giving this a go!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No