April 19, 2014 | 1778 users online

Other - Spring Valley- Hair, Skin & Nails

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by spottedswan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was looking for an inexpensive dupe for PHYTO Phytophanere Dietary Supplement. The PHYTO capsules are about $30 for 1 month's supply. This Spring Valley brand is about $7.

I found them nearly impossible to swallow. The pills are large and chalky with sharp edges. Within the first 3 days of use, my nails started to get thicker and I saw less peeling.

I wasn't able to take them consistently enough to notice any other results... because they were just frustrating. PHYTO is worth the $$$ if you're looking for science stuffed into a pleasant little gel cap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by SoDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm an African American female my hair was breaking , thin spots & falling out BIG time to the point where every outfit I'd wear a hat,I had tried every thing from growing shampoos & conditioners to using Liv on my scalp nothing seemed to work, I started taking these Hair,Skin & Nail vitamins on October 13th, my hair has grown,is no longer breaking/falling out, no more thin patches in fact its stronger, my nails has grown & my skin looks fabulous, I was skeptical about this product at first but seeing the results I'm extremely happy & will purchase these again,

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by JillianEve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started taking these vitamins 3 weeks ago. My hair has grown an inch! My nails were weak & short, they are so long and amazingly strong now! BUY THESE.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by traceyjoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really want to grow my hair out for graduation but I'm not sure if this is helping me. I use mane n tail shampoo and I take these vitamins 3 times daily. My hair definitely grew an inch and I just started using these products for less than 2 or 3 weeks. I don't think it dramatically grows my hair but my hair has gotten stronger and decreased the amount of falling hair. I don't see how people think it tastes awful, I think it tastes exactly like those flinstones hard vitamins that I use to take when I was little. I probably will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by xoxoDiane

I started taking this product during the ends of June. It's now the beginning of September and I noticed a dramatic difference in my hair, nails, and skin. I love my new hair; the growth process seems faster, and my hair seems fuller and healthier! My skin is blemish free. Occasionally, I get a few problem areas, but they disappear quite fast because they dry out. I believe these pills are responsible for that process. I always get compliments on my nails from people and they always question me on having fake nails. My response is always a NO, I take hair, skin, and nails vitamins. You can find these at WAL-MART for $5. The price is amazing for the results and quantity.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by geek2chic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have recently been transitioning into my natural hair and after the great things that I heard about biotin I just had to have it. I took it for about a week but I am really bad at taking pills so I haven't taken them since. I have however noticed that my nails and hair have both grown but I don't know what from! Lol but while on the pills my nails did become stronger, maybe if I stuck with them a little longer I would have seen more results. xx

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by makeupsmad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love these vitamins. I started taking a multi a few months ago but I have problem skin and was a nail biter (gross I know) so as I was perusing the aisles at WalMart I saw these for like $5. I thought, why not. I've been really impressed! I take one in the morning with my multi, and then sometimes another one at night. It says to take 3 a day but a) taking all 3 at once doesn't mean you won't excrete alot of it...better to spread it out throughout the day and b) there are other vitamins in here which are a nice compliment to my Women's One a Day but I don't want to OD myself on fat sol. vitamins.

The only "con" would be that they really don't taste the best. I have since let my nails grow to which I get alot of compliments and my skin has a nice glow to it and seems to be breaking out less. For around $5 for 120 pills...I'll take it!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by lynnxnguyen

I've used these for almost two months now. From damage to hair dyes, my hair had been thinning and weakened prior to taking these pills. I have noticed a lot of baby hair growth now, and I didn't really record how long my hair grew, but it is getting longer. I didn't notice any strength in my hair, as I still have a lot of split ends. My skin has gotten pretty soft, and my nails haven't really seen a difference, but nails are not a concern for me. After I use this bottle, I will be trying out different pills like Biotin. Also, these were very cheap, so that is nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I took these daily, I had less hair fallout and stronger nails. I'm not sure about hair growth or its effect on my skin, but I've forgotten about them recently and my hair is falling out and my nails chip easily like before.