October 20, 2014 | 1964 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - classic

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh. I've had the classic model for about four years. I've tried every brush head including the deep pore and acne brush heads. I don't use my Clarisonic very much, it's not that I don't like it it's just... I don't love it. I've offered it to my mother because I'd hate to sell it at a flea market or yard sale because honestly, that's how much it's worth in physical reality. In theory, the Clarisonic is a brilliant idea. In practise however, it's too tricky to use confidently, everyday or even a few times a week.
I will wait for my local Sephora to get the cashmere brush head in stock. If by then I find the Clarisonic still too irritating, as it can be presently, I'll give it away to my mother.
Bottom line: It is not worth over $200.

***Update*** Stil don't love this stupid thing. I hate that I spent so much money on it. I can't *give* it away. It irritates my skin so bad, no matter how gentle the brush or the pressure I use. recently I was in a Drugstore looking at some cream blush and as I passed by the Clarisonic display I complained a little that it was a waste of money. The young woman assisting me said "really? I use mine 2x a day, everyday" it was then I looked at her skin in profile as she leaned over the underlit makeup display and the pores on her face were HUGE. Her skin was so dehydrated and leathery looking. I asked what she used with it, it was a very gentle gel cleanser that would not cause the sort of over exfoliated look her skin had. I don't know if she knew how bad her skin looked, as there was no acne. Just very poor skin quality.
I have decided the Clarisonic is a cash grab, and useless. After seeing that girls poor abused skin...and I recognized it as I'd seen it on myself when I was *really* trying to love this brush. It's deleterious to skin health, and a waste of space and money. DONT BUY IT.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I purchased a bundle package on QVC a few years ago that included this and some bliss skincare. I used the clarisonic for a couple weeks but really wasn't impressed with it or what it was supposed to be doing for my skin.

I hated how large the brush head was. I felt like I couldn't really get into the tough-to-reach places on my face, like around my nose and in between my eyes.

I eventually returned this and purchased the Olay Pro-X instead (which I'm absolutely in love with).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by ShibuiMuse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

For those of you who have an ultrasonic toothbrush and love the way your teeth feel after using it, the Clarisonic brush does this for your face.

It's an investment that benefits you every time you use it.

NOTE that the Clarisonic comes with a "Sensitive" brush head. I had some issues when I first began using it (slight redness and skin sensitivity on my normal to resistant skin). I shortened the cycle time, cut back from 2x/day to once a day (at night), and purchased the Delicate brush head. Using it in this manner has worked beautifully.

If you're like me and read the instructions and then either put them out of sight (or throw them away!) you might want to try to remember the direction from the Clarisonic booklet that encourages users to unscrew the brush head every so often to clean in the recessed area under the brush bristles. Once you forget to do this and some time goes by and then you DO remember to do it...one look at the gunk under your brush will be reminder enough to keep a more vigilant brush cleaning schedule. (I do my little cleaning routine very time I clean my bathroom now.)

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT: I read in a beauty magazine that there is a difference between the Clarisonic and the less expensive facial brush cleansing systmes many other companies have come out with. The article claimed the Clarisonic was a superior product in that it had a very specific number of brush rotations per second that, compared to other devices on the market, delivered the most optimal outcome - both in how clean the skin was and in what condition the skin was immediately after cleansing and over time.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by DonyaStevenson

I have been using the Clarisonic Classic for 1 week so far. In 1 week I have seen a tremendous difference in my skin. The texture is so smooth, even my husband commented on that, My pores just look so clean, resulting in a brighter look. I use the Clarisonic in the shower and follow with moisturizer. My moisturizer has been absorbed better into my skin, as well. I am so pleased with this product so far and will remark if things change. But as for right now, i have never been so happy with my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by michellehelm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Simple genetic math...
When I DON'T use this at least once daily, I look like my grandmother eventually.
When I DO use this at least once daily, my 17 year-old daughter and I are confused for sisters. (Please allow me to reiterate: WHEN I USE THIS REGULARLY, MY LIFE IS SIGNIFICANTLY LESS LIKE MY GRANDMOTHER'S, and I view this as an *extreme* positive.)

Guess how I use this? :)

It took an unfortunate period of time for this to become a habit (because I am very, very lazy), but it HAS, and I am NOT letting this one go...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

This is the best. I got the deluxe system & I use the body buffer to get rid of pesky self tanner, when patches like to hang on, but the rest has worn off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've had this for a few years and sometimes I'll totally forget to use it for months at a time. When I do remember to use it again consistently I find my face to be much smoother and overall clarity to be better. The brush itself is of high quality and I love the charging stand. This is a must for those with acne, oily skin, or large skin pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by ashebrook

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Definitely worth the investment. It takes some experimenting to find the right combination of cleanser, head, and frequency of use for you. If you have a tendency to congested pores, you will love this. It also prepares your skin to maximize the effectiveness of your other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by KrissyGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this on and off for over a year now(sometimes i forget to charge it so hence the on and off) but it is AMAZING. I use it with my Clinque cleanser, and the new acne brush head(my favorite so far, I have used the normal and sensitive ones). It makes my skin look and feel amazing, clears up my skin within a week, and you can really tell your skin is clean after using it because when i use the toner after i clean my face, the cotton ball is not dirty at all like it sometimes is when i don't use the Clarisonic. This was one of the best investments i have made. I recommend it to everyone. I am even thinking of buying the MIA for when i travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by CateD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

4 years and going strong. I love my Clarisonic system and happy I made the investment! It was on the pricy side when I bought it, but was worth EVERY penny.