September 1, 2014 | 1085 users online

Hair Treatments - Dove - Nourishing Oil Care Anti-frizz serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by NaturaleBeaute

All I can say about this is love, love, love! This is one of my HG hair products, although I haven't used other hair serums/oils before so I can't compare. This definitely made my hair look shinier and smoother, almost like makeup for my hair :P One bottle of this goes a long way: I've used the bottle for about 2.5 months and I still haven't used up half the bottle yet. Having said that, I have just past shoulder length (straight) hair and each time, I only use just over 1 pump after I come out of the shower (before styling/blow drying). I do find that if I put too much oil especially on the hair on the top of my hair, it does make my hair appear greasy. From my experience, for best results on my hair, I pump a little amount of the oil onto my hand and then rub the oil evenly onto both hands before rubbing it onto the hair on the top of my head (i.e. the hair near the roots). Then I get 1 pump of the oil and rub it evenly on the rest of my hair before blow-drying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by chikanoka26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I didnt set a high expectation when i first bought this. I tried a different kind of hair serums: i have a big curly, frizzy, dry hair to begin with and none of the serum can actually weigh my hair down or tame the frizz unless i put an overload amount which makes my hair looks greasy and not appealing.

Usually i put this serum when my hair is 50 - 75% dry, i use 4-6 pumps to my medium hair since the frizz is seriouzz and i have a pretty tick hair. After that i just spray just a little bit of Suave hair gel for curly hair and scrunch it. Yes, the frizz is not completely gone when its dry but it does look amazing even some friends asked me if i had Digital Perm done or i curled my hair using heating tool. Previously I never had a gut to wear my natural hair outside, i either wore a ponytail or used a hair straightener. I feel so happy now!

After 1 month using this i also noticed that my hair gets softer and silky. I never had an amazing experience with a hair care product (specifically serum) before. 5/5! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by courtmf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i think this should be renamed to magic in a bottle. seriously. i used it last week when i straightened my hair, which at the time i was thinking was a stupid thing to do at the time as it was hot and humid and i was going to the beach that day, but i was completely surprised. i only used the tiniest amount, but it evenly spread throughout my hair. after spending 12 hours in and around the beach, usually my hair would be a wavy mess (i didnt wet my hair) but it was still dead straight, not even the ends had curled.

i use this everyday and my hair is in great condition. i dont know what this product did but it is absolutely amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Mewables

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome little product, bit goes a long way for me. I have oily, fine hair and oily scalp even after the intense bleachings it's suffered, but my ends are always very dry as a result. 2 days is the max that I can go without a wash, even if I brush it to death! I love the little bottle, perfect for travel, will save it after I use up all the serum. The pump is easy to use, easy to control how much product to dispense. Smells very nice. Does not weigh down my fine hair or interfere with its style. Serums and oils make all the difference in how my hair looks down, so it is an essential product for me. The lid is kind of useless, though, it doesn't really stay on and I wouldn't trust it tossed in with all of my other products on travel, so it loses a lippie on packaging for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by KelsySJ

This serum is fantastic. Great in the winter for reviving dry ends without making my hair oily or weighing it down. Also works great for smoothing down flyaways. All that and it smells amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by CandyCrystals

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like the pump. I dispense about 3 pumps for my long, fine, color-treated hair. The smell is definitely Dove but it goes away, which I like. As for the "anti-frizz" claim, definitely not though it did make my hair smooth.... but didn't feel nourishing at all. My ends would feel dry after 10 hours. After I'm done with this bottle, I will fill it up with Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Penetrating Oil as I find it is more beneficial for me to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Jsirois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good product, quite cheap. Not sure about the anti-frizz, but I like the smell, it untangles my hair and it gives it more volume than usual. Would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Kris0218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim because it was so affordable and had the buzz ingredient of the moment in it - Argan oil. So glad I did! I put a couple pumps on my damp hair and it makes it so, so soft and manageable. I have very fine but very wavy/frizzy hair, and this doesn't weigh it down, as most anti-frizz serums do. It's light & doesn't have any discernible scent. It's so affordable compared to most Argan oil products - cough, Josie Maran - and just as effective.
My only complaint, and this is a minor one, is that the clear plastic cap falls off constantly. I recently took this on a trip with me and had to tape the lid on to make sure it didn't leak.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by kitsha88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This probably deserves closer to a 3.5 rating, but can't give half a lippie.
Hair oils/serums play an important role in my daily hair care. My curly hair craves moisture and serums help to detangle so I always use some after washing my hair.
I purchased the 1.35 oz bottle for $4.98. The pump works just fine, but the dang cap constantly falls off which can get a bit annoying.
This serum is advertised as containing argon oil (which seems to be the big thing nowadays). The product gets the job done (in terms of softening and aiding in detangling); however it's doesn't wow me. I find that other serums (such as the One N Only Argon oil) work better at providing a silkiness to my hair while keeping it non-greasy. I also find that I have to use twice the amount of this oil when compared to other oils.
Overall this isn't a bad product, has a pleasant scent and is decently priced, but I don't plan on repurchasing simply because I feel there is better out there.
I'll be trying the Garnier Moroccan oil serum next and see how that works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

I got my bottle free, but at Walmart (without tax) this cost $4.98. I used to have a bob that was bleached, dyed pink, dyed brown, dyed black, then left alone so it could grow. My hair is almost long enough to lay over my bust. So I have this hair that is untouched and healthy up top, and the lower half which is just horribly different. It's dry, brittle, breaking, I needed a new routine. I was using freaking biolage ($15 for each bottle) and it was doing nothing for me. I do use the dove intensive repair shampoo and conditioner now ($5 for each bottle at target) which helped a lot, but I wanted that extra boost. The dove anti-frizz serum was my answer. I enjoy that it's small enough to carry in my bag, and you really don't need a lot. Two pumps was actually too much for me! I put the residue on my hands on my knees and my shins. But still, despite using twice the amount I should have (one pump is best for me), my hair did not look oily, greasy, wet, none of it. This summer is hot as heck. My hair is naturally wavy, and the dove sham/condish pretty much takes care of it, but the serum is for taking it to a better, smooth, healthy, shiny, frizz-free level. This is a must have. I can't believe it wouldn't work on anyone else, but if it didn't, at least it would be an inexpensive failure. It does everything it says on the bottle. Again, my hair is thin with a natural wave, with a whole lot of damage. If you have annoying frizz, and can't make it go away to save your life, press a drop into your hand, rub both hands together, and just put it through your hair as if you were trying to make a ponytail. No need to get into the roots. Can apply this in damp hair after a shower or like me this summer when you're stuck in a hot room to settle any frizz or flyaways. Also it has the lightest scent, you can just barely smell it, but it is pleasant.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No