October 31, 2014 | 1626 users online

Hair Treatments - Dove - Nourishing Oil Care Anti-frizz serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I'm normally not a fan of Dove products, and when this first came out I thought it was too expensive for the size. However I bought this when it was 30% off.

I have to say it's one of the best shine serums I've used. It is almost impossible to overuse this product. I can use it after washing when my hair is still wet and it will make my hair look thicker. I can also use it on dry hair to impart extra shine. I would prefer that it was unfragranced, but I haven't found a shine serum that is, so that's a minor gripe. At least the fragrance isn't too strong.

For the record I have very short hair so a bottle lasts a long time. I don't know how long it would last with very long hair. My hair is fairly fine and has been thinning for years. When I use this on wet hair it definitely helps it look thicker as well as shinier.

Definite repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Newoneill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this as it was on special at Woolworths. I use it when I am too lazy to condition my hair during a shower. Applying it helps detangle my hair easier, as I find that after having two kids, my hair texture had changed, it got drier and needs more time to detangler without conditioner. I use about three to four pumps each time, and wash every third day (during winter) so it lasted me for a while.

Anyway, smells good (for me it does), smoothen out my hair, people telling me how my hair gotten so shiny (and it was from someone who uses that expensive argon oil) and the result lasted til my next wash which is fantastic for someone who have only minimum time for hair.

Would repurchase it again when its on special, however I have bought the loreal oil to try, if that doesn't work out, I would come back to this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by NaturaleBeaute

All I can say about this is love, love, love! This is one of my HG hair products, although I haven't used other hair serums/oils before so I can't compare. This definitely made my hair look shinier and smoother, almost like makeup for my hair :P One bottle of this goes a long way: I've used the bottle for about 2.5 months and I still haven't used up half the bottle yet. Having said that, I have just past shoulder length (straight) hair and each time, I only use just over 1 pump after I come out of the shower (before styling/blow drying). I do find that if I put too much oil especially on the hair on the top of my hair, it does make my hair appear greasy. From my experience, for best results on my hair, I pump a little amount of the oil onto my hand and then rub the oil evenly onto both hands before rubbing it onto the hair on the top of my head (i.e. the hair near the roots). Then I get 1 pump of the oil and rub it evenly on the rest of my hair before blow-drying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by chikanoka26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I didnt set a high expectation when i first bought this. I tried a different kind of hair serums: i have a big curly, frizzy, dry hair to begin with and none of the serum can actually weigh my hair down or tame the frizz unless i put an overload amount which makes my hair looks greasy and not appealing.

Usually i put this serum when my hair is 50 - 75% dry, i use 4-6 pumps to my medium hair since the frizz is seriouzz and i have a pretty tick hair. After that i just spray just a little bit of Suave hair gel for curly hair and scrunch it. Yes, the frizz is not completely gone when its dry but it does look amazing even some friends asked me if i had Digital Perm done or i curled my hair using heating tool. Previously I never had a gut to wear my natural hair outside, i either wore a ponytail or used a hair straightener. I feel so happy now!

After 1 month using this i also noticed that my hair gets softer and silky. I never had an amazing experience with a hair care product (specifically serum) before. 5/5! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by courtmf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i think this should be renamed to magic in a bottle. seriously. i used it last week when i straightened my hair, which at the time i was thinking was a stupid thing to do at the time as it was hot and humid and i was going to the beach that day, but i was completely surprised. i only used the tiniest amount, but it evenly spread throughout my hair. after spending 12 hours in and around the beach, usually my hair would be a wavy mess (i didnt wet my hair) but it was still dead straight, not even the ends had curled.

i use this everyday and my hair is in great condition. i dont know what this product did but it is absolutely amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Mewables

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome little product, bit goes a long way for me. I have oily, fine hair and oily scalp even after the intense bleachings it's suffered, but my ends are always very dry as a result. 2 days is the max that I can go without a wash, even if I brush it to death! I love the little bottle, perfect for travel, will save it after I use up all the serum. The pump is easy to use, easy to control how much product to dispense. Smells very nice. Does not weigh down my fine hair or interfere with its style. Serums and oils make all the difference in how my hair looks down, so it is an essential product for me. The lid is kind of useless, though, it doesn't really stay on and I wouldn't trust it tossed in with all of my other products on travel, so it loses a lippie on packaging for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by KelsySJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This serum is fantastic. Great in the winter for reviving dry ends without making my hair oily or weighing it down. Also works great for smoothing down flyaways. All that and it smells amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by CandyCrystals

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like the pump. I dispense about 3 pumps for my long, fine, color-treated hair. The smell is definitely Dove but it goes away, which I like. As for the "anti-frizz" claim, definitely not though it did make my hair smooth.... but didn't feel nourishing at all. My ends would feel dry after 10 hours. After I'm done with this bottle, I will fill it up with Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Penetrating Oil as I find it is more beneficial for me to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Jsirois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good product, quite cheap. Not sure about the anti-frizz, but I like the smell, it untangles my hair and it gives it more volume than usual. Would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Kris0218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim because it was so affordable and had the buzz ingredient of the moment in it - Argan oil. So glad I did! I put a couple pumps on my damp hair and it makes it so, so soft and manageable. I have very fine but very wavy/frizzy hair, and this doesn't weigh it down, as most anti-frizz serums do. It's light & doesn't have any discernible scent. It's so affordable compared to most Argan oil products - cough, Josie Maran - and just as effective.
My only complaint, and this is a minor one, is that the clear plastic cap falls off constantly. I recently took this on a trip with me and had to tape the lid on to make sure it didn't leak.