October 23, 2014 | 1381 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Peppermint Bark Lip Shine

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Emily0816

LOVE this. Took off one lippy only because guys wouldn't want to kiss you when you're wearing it, as it's sticky. If you're looking for something kissable with a similar sheer red tint, I'd recommend Fresh sugar sticks in rose.

As for this, it smells just like peppermint and chocolate and tastes that way, too. I wear it when I'm just hanging out in the apartment because it puts me in the holiday spirit and feels tingly and refreshing on lips (without the sharpness of a menthol-based product). I also use it when I'm drinking red wine, as it prevents wine stains from developing on chapped lips and makes lips look wonderful. It will be obvious that you're wearing lip gloss (unless you apply a small amount), but it's not too red or too shiny. You can't go wrong with this for the holiday season, either for yourself or as a stocking stuffer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by EscalatorKid

This gloss has a very pretty color, smell, and overall look and feel, but the taste is kind of... gross.

I wish that it had a better taste to it, but it's just like petroleum jelly with glitter...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by lilylou40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Loving it! This is a pretty sheer red gloss and the pepperminty smell/taste is heavenly. My favorite Christmas lip gloss. Not overly sparkly but just right over lipstick or for a pretty sheer look when you wear it alone. Leaves my lips soft and kissable too!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The color is nice and sheer. I actually like the smell and taste. I like how it feels on my lips too.

My main issue is that I can only use this if I am using nothing else on my lips. It makes my lipstick melt off and kinda does this gooey feathering thing.

Considering I could only use it as a glossy balm, I think I could find something that works just as well for less money.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the accompanying shower gel for this lip shine, so I had high hopes for this one. The colour is beautiful, it's a sheer reddish tone perfect for the holidays. No shimmer to speak of, just shiny red tint. The colour gets 5 stars from me. It also gives a tiny bit of tingle from the mint, which I love.
The scent is terrible though, especially when you know the shower gel to match smells so good. This is just really plasticky and fake. It's a fake, sweet plasticky mess with a hint of mint. I'm very scent sensitive and bad scents are deal breakers. Because of this, I hardly ever reach for this, or I begin to and think better of it. I end up wiping this off every time I put it on because it smells so offensive.
If scents don't matter much to you though, get this because it's a gorgeous shade and the formula is decent as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by GreenWoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has a really nice peppermint chocolate scent and gives a pretty, sheer red sheen and a hint of sparkle. Like most minty glosses, it feels very cool on your lips. Moisturizes well too, like all the other Philosophy lip shines I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 5:44:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got my tube of Peppermint Bark as part of a Sephora Beauty Insider set last holiday season, but I believe that this product was also sold individually. It smells exactly like the Peppermint Bark 3-in-1, but it also has a slightly sweet peppermint flavor and a nice peppermint tingle on the lips. In the tube it looks like a brownish red, On the lips, however, it sheers out nicely and gives that sheer "lollipop red" look. My favorite part about this product is that it smells like the holidays to me and always cheers me up. The tube feels a bit flimsy, but most squeeze tube lip glosses do.