September 2, 2014 | 1158 users online

Lash Treatments - MAC - Prep + Prime Future Length Lash Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by bklyncowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

$30 for .15 oz. This stuff really works! My problem is the packaging. For a good almost 2 mos, when I pushed the wand back into the container to close it, product (a considerable amount) would be lost as it would squish out of the sides and even more so as I twisted the cap in to close. Everyday this would happen. Also, they claim you can use this under makeup. Not true, at least for me. It would be dry and cakey under eyeliner, crust and flake off. Not pretty. But it does work. This was the first of these lash growth enhancers that I tried. Just finished it and have started using Rapid Lash, just to see. Mac's brush retained it's shape and precision the entire time. I started seeing results the 1st week even though I was primarily at night (I would later graduate to using exclusively at night bc of the aforementioned liner thing). My natural lashes are short and anorexic. This added considerable length. I would say 30%. I didn't expect it to do much, if anything. What a surprise. The price point is not bad at first glance, but when you weigh in the product loss, it amounts to the same as other pricier brands. I would try again someday, to see if packaging has improved.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by SquirrelQueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Without mascara, my lashes are meh. Short, sparse, and worse after hitting a "certain age". A former friend who was blessed with thick, gorgeous lashes used to razz me about my puny ones. I'm too cheap to get a prescription and I didn't want to risk any change in the pigment of my irises, so I decided to go with this. I've been using it pretty faithfully since it first came out. My lashes are definitely longer and thicker and, for the first time in my life, they brush up against my glasses. I've had no discoloration or irritation. I have repurchased several times and will continue to do so.

And to my former friend, neener neener. I got lashes now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Merina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In LOVE with this product. I used to use the prescription strength serum that you had to order from India, but shipping was too costly and I didn't like how I had to use a separate brush and drop the serum onto the brush, wasting a bunch of product. I've been using MAC's lash serum for about 1.5 weeks and it really works! I used to wear false lashes every da for a year but got tired of applying them. My lashes are definitely longer and thicker on top and bottom. I use it twice a day as directed. Can't wait for the full results in 2 months. Costs $30.

My only gripe is that it takes a while for it to dry after application. Perhaps MAC could modify the packaging so it doesn't allow so much serum to attach to the brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Muzmaniak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's been 3 weeks I'm doing the ritual morning and night. I am very careful applying it and I try it on my eyebrows as well. But I haven't seen any difference yet on my eyelashes. I only saw a dirrence on my eyebrows for now! I hope it change and I'm still hoping it will work... I experienced no burning in the eye or that kind of stuff but sometime I get a little white residu on my eyelashes... Will probably not buy again...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Queenblenda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

So like ALOT of people i wanted longer and thick lashes i decided id give the M.A.C one a try since that is the brand i choose to use for everything else make-up related.

I went into trying this product out not expecting much of anything as to not be disappointed if it did nothing for me. About a week an a half into using the product twice daily one in the morning when applying my moisturizer letting it dry then starting the rest of my make up "it did not change the way anything applied on top of it incase you were wondering" and then once at night before bed i started to realize my lashes were actually starting to get longer and thinker and looked so much better after applying mascara

some back story about my lashes, they naturally go straight down like horse lashes would barely hold a curl after curling with a lash curler and went limp with most mascaras
i ALWAYS would wear false lashes since without them my lashes were just so BLAH

After using the product for about a month i stopped wearing false lashes and even stopped bothering with a lash curler i find my lashes now are a lot longer and thicker by themselves they even hold a decent amount of curl WITHOUT a lash curler it really is a awesome product if you stick to it religiously it was hard at first to bring a new item into my daily routine because i was just so use to what i was doing now i cant go a day without it!

Id recommend this to anyone who wants to try a lash serum and dosnt want to brake the bank doing so.

and since this is all about lashes i figure ill share my new favorite mascaras

my HG mascara would be M.A.C's in extreme dimension lash and my favorite drugstore mascara is the LOREAL carbon black VOLUMINOUS

hope this has helped someone!!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Tigerlily256

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read all the reviews and wanted to try this product because of the price. I was really hoping this product would be good. And it very well be. For me however it is burning my eyes! They feel like they are n fire! Just ordered revitalash hope that one works. For now I can't wait to this fire goes out!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went into MAC the other day to purchase the Prep+Prime eyelash primer and the makeup artist sold me this stuff instead. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised when I saw what she sold me, because it really wasn't what I wanted. However I love it! This stuff definitely isn't a primer, but over time it will make your lashes longer. Doesn't irritate my eyes at all, and a little goes a long way! Thanks for making a mistake MAC, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by reema28

I don't know how I lived without this product. I've been using it for months now. The first few times I used it I felt a mild warming sensation on my lash line(where I applied it). I no longer notice the warming sensation. My lashes now are fuller longer and conditioned. In the passed when I would wash my face I would notice my eyelashes on my cheeks they would fall out all the time. My lashes since using this product now look amazing it looks like I have a set of false lashes on all the time. I recommend this product to anyone that wants healthy strong lashes

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

BURNT MY EYELIDS. Thought I would give this a go as I use so many lash enhancing serums that dont work. This is THE WORST. My eyelids were burning within minutes of applying it and it left a nasty red mark. The TRUTH IS... These serums grow new lashes in between your natural ones.....stop using the product and VOILA...the 'new lashes' FALL OUT ..along with most of your origonal ones. Expensive but good customer support as I rand MAC and they are refunding me but NEVER AGAIN.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by VintageDisaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Started using my P+P Future Length Serum about 3 weeks ago... Noticed a HUGE improvement. My lashes are now more conditionned (I don't lose them when removing my makeup), fuller, and LONGER.

I noticed the growth takes place especially on the outer corners, which really gives a cat-eye look to the eyes... Love it! (I uploaded the black & white picture above, if you want to see what I mean!)

I use it twice a day, and it works wonders!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No