October 2, 2014 | 1673 users online

Lips - Elizabeth Arden - Exceptional Lipstick - Amber

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by rachvt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I remember back in the day when Amber Valletta was the face of Elizabeth Arden, I bought this lipstick after trying it out at the makeup counter. I really loved the colour on me. I was searching for a nude lipstick that wouldn't look washed out on me like forever (okay maybe exaggerating a little here!) back then, because most nudes were either too light beigey or too brown-toned. Well this was good on me. It is slightly shimmering, peachy toned and was my go-to lipstick whenever I wanted nude lips. Its main problem though was that the formula was too drying on my lips. I already have rather dry skin (and lips) to boot, so this lipstick was certainly not helping. Having to put some sort of lip conditioner like Vaseline or gloss with it to help moisturise my lips better however, tended to take some of that gorgeous colour away and lessen it a little. I am taking one lippie off for that reason. All in all, I wish they had made it in a more moisturising formula. Otherwise it was my HG nude shade once upon a time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 6:52:00 AM More reviews by diddyscafe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Back in the late 90's, I read that EA created this color for their then spokesperson Amber Valletta. With her being a blonde, I didn't expect this color to look really good on my Eurasian, light to medium complexion with dark hair, but it does!. It gives a very sheer, natural, innocent, nudey look... I just love it!. I have no problems with its faint scent, taste or texture since I always put lipbalm beforehand anyways but it is indeed quite drying without it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2008 8:24:00 PM More reviews by rdc1227

This color did not work well with my red hair and freckled complexion. It was, thankfully, a gwp so no big loss!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2003 5:07:00 AM More reviews by lauraP333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A pinky beige, with a lot of golden shimmer that it is almost a metallique lipstick. Looks nice with a gloss over it. Good for a different type of nude, bronzey lip look.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2003 11:14:00 PM More reviews by ashley_howard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in Amber and I will never purchase it again. In fact, I doubt I'll ever buy this particular line again, not just this color. The lipstick was sort of dry, not really hard, but it didn't go on smoothy...very gritty, tasted horrible, made my lips look cakey...NEVER AGAIN. (Yes, I use moisturizer and exfoliate regularly. It's not my lips; I've never had such a nasty effect from lipstick that's supposedly high quality. Many of my friends have tried this also and I'm not the only hater.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2002 10:39:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

This has always been a staple lipstick for me. I love that its a neutral pinky beige with a golden shimmer. Great nude lippie. I deducted one lipstick for its sort of plasticky scent.