April 16, 2014 | 954 users online

Top/Base Coats - Essence - Express Dry Drops

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

These hold true to their claim. I apply after base, colour and top coat, and voila, dry nails in 60 seconds! And this only costs $3 CAD where I buy it. Huge fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought these Essence Nail Art Express Dry Drops about two months ago for about $3CDN. It popped up at Essence's stand at Shopper's Drug Mart and I was willing to give it a try. I hate it so much when my nails smudge, when I have to wait hours for my nails to dry or when I go to sleep and wake up with sheet prints on my nails so I was really willing to give this stuff a whirl.

It does exactly what it says it does. It makes nails dry really quick. If you apply one coat of nail polish and then drip one drop of the oil onto your nails it'll dry lightening fast. If you apply the oil over two coats of nail polish it'll take longer to dry - a few minutes or so. That's a vast improvement over several hours.

This is how I use these drops; I apply one coat of nail polish and wait for it to dry like in a normal manicure. Then I apply a second coat of nail polish and immediately after I finish painting it I drip one or two drops onto my nails. I let that sit for a few minutes and then I wipe it off with a tissue paper and my nails are dry and I can move however I please.

I really love these drops as they cut down the amount of time I waste waiting for my nails to dry. Like other reviewers said, you can't run around banging your nails on things because you'll get nicks in them, but you can move around without worrying about wrinkling your nail polish or smudging them.

These are great and I would repurchase these nail drops a million times over!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by aggieecheww

AMAZING product!! im a very clumsy person when painting my nails and this was the perfect life saver. makes my nails dry in minutes! very inexpensive and accessable at priceline or target. definately will repurchase when i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by winghearted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought this on a whim, probably one of the best impulse buys I've ever had. My polish dried within minutes, no streaks just a beautiful and glossy finish. It was only like 3dollars Canadian (bought it at Shopper's Drug Mart).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

My friend recommended this because she swore by it, especially for the price point. I know they make higher-end versions, which of course are a lot less affordable. One mistake I made the first time I used these was using it in between layers - I would paint on top of the oil and a weird texture resulted. Don't do that. The drying effect is ok, although it does do the drying part it doesn't mean I can do whatever I want with my hands after - I still have to be a teeny bit cautions. Warning - put something down before you use this! It gets everywhere.
It does reduce the hassle of waiting for my nails to dry totally, so I would recommend this and I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by eclecticgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

These drops are amazing! Nail polish usually takes me a good 6 hours to dry completely but with these drops, they dry within a few minutes! My main problem is that it is very greasy but I wash it off after 15 minutes of putting it on. I can go to sleep right after and I won't have any streaks like I usually do. I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by marybob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have tried many drying drops. I like the price on this one and the fact it is a tad oily so you can smooth rough patches before everything has hardened. Excellent product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Beyzzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Eventhough this is my first nail polish drying oil, I've used drying topcoats. This is the fastest dying product I've ever used. With seche vite after a while the bottle starts to gunk up but this is amazing same quaility with every drop and insanely cheap. I had to pay like $15 for seche vite with shipping since they don't sell it in Turkey and I am paying $3 to $4 to essence. Still if you are not careful with it you can get finger prints on it. You need to cover all of your fingers. I haven't use it with matte finishing polishes I'll update this when I do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I bought these because I've heard of more expensive drying drops but these were 2.99, & I've had good luck with the essence products I've tried. I like these. I used these after painting my nails right before bed (normally the worst idea ever) and I only had minor "sheet marks" on my nails when I woke up.. usually they're totally destroyed. While you obviously can't go around banging your nails on things (they will get dents in them), they certainly speed up the process. & you can't beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Corchete

En un principio lo odie, porque era grasiento y no era realmente lo que esperaba, pero ahora aprendí a utilizar lo mínimo de cantidad, y esperar a que se seque, y realmente acelera el proceso! siempre me pinto las uñas en la noche, y eran un problema, por la espera, ahora con el, ya no lo tengo, excelente producto!