Essence Express Dry Drops

4.4

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, HEXAMETHYLDISILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE

This product is a game changer. Does exactly what it says. Don't waste money on the expensive dry-drops, or the quick-dry top coats that chip off in no time. Use a decent, long-lasting top coat, drop this on top, and you're good to go. No more sheet marks, no more messed polish.
I haven't tried this between coats, only at the end of my mani. I let my top coat dry for a couple minutes before putting this on. I'm not sure you have to, it's just something I do. I let the oil sit for a few minutes, then run my nails quickly under cold water and lightly wipe off the excess oil with a paper towel (just because I don't want to get oil on everything I touch, not because it's necessary.) No muss, no fuss, quick and easy. Pick it up, it costs nothing.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

does exactly what it promises and at such an affordable price!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I cannot live without these drops! It dries my polish in seconds and gives a nice shine to it. My manicure isn't complete without it. I will keep buying time after time. A HG product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Unfortunately, this product didn't work for me at all. I wanted to like it since my regular fast dry top coat is not cheap, but sadly there's just no comparison. I ended up giving it away.

I've purchased multiple bottles of this. I don't paint my nails without it. I've tried the expensive droppers and this has them beat. I tried the aerosol cans and hated that I wasted so much of the product having to spray from farther away, and the whole aerosol being the most evil choice in all.

It doesn't have overwhelming perfume, it doesn't burn, it gets the cuticles moisturizing, dries the polish so well from top to bottom, and the price is wonderful. This is an HG product for me, hands-down. It's as essential as my gripper and top coat. Don't paint without it.

I love this stuff!

It cost under $4, which is less than most of my nailpolishes that precious I've wasted by smudging and having to redo a nail. The packaging is nice and neat, and the pipette is great.

I'd recommend letting this dry a while and then wiping the oil off of the nail with a Q-tip if you're using it between layers. I saw another reviewer mention having to clean it off the cuticles, but I don't know why you would do that, as it soaks in and is meant to condition them.

Generally, a great product and I'd buy it again. I have very short, usually bitten off nails, and this is a lifesaver when I have no time to repaint.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

These drops do what they promise but I probably won't repurchase.
I do like the packaging - reminds me of the chemistry lab! - and the nail polish dries within a couple of minutes which is great. Very good price too.
Why not repurchase then?
First of all I'm not a great a fan of its oily consistency but that's not a big deal really.
The main reason is that Essence's Quick Dry clear top coat does the job equally fast, adds a ptotective coat to your polish as well as glossy shine and costs the same so I favor this product over the drops.

I haven't tried any other brand of dry drops to compare this but I can't imagine anything working better than it or being better priced. I am currently going through my third bottle. I place a towel under my fingers and I drip two drops on each nail which is more than enough. Classic 3-layer manicures(base coat-polish-top coat) are completely dry after 2 minutes unless I use a shitty polish. You may leave oily-like fingerprints on anything you touch right after application but it doesn't stain, just wipe it off. Overall perfect!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love, love, love! My nails feel conditioned and best of all dry after I use this. I wish it had a brush instead of the dropper, but the formula is great and you cannot beat that price!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

gives opi drip dri a runs for its money!

Top Rated Essence Products