December 19, 2014 | 1021 users online

Top/Base Coats - Essence - Express Dry Drops

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by curlylaura

Dirt cheap, £2 from Wilkinson's. Does what it says. I love it. So happy Essence has finally come to the UK

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Jennorrrita

Holy moly. Never tried these kinds of products before, and getting sheet marks in my nails after HOURS of dry time before bed was getting old in a hurry. A similar product was nearly ten dollars CAD, and I just couldn't get behind that. At three bucks at my local drugstore, I gave this a try and it will forevermore be a staple in my nail basket. Changed. My. Life.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by classic92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff! Makes me think about how much time I've wasted waiting for nail polish to dry, haha. Dries my nails completely in about 60 seconds I would say which is a big improvement on some of the polishes I have. I actually use it in between coats of polish too rather than just the last coat which some people have said created a strange texture because of the oil but as long as you wipe/ wash the oil off with soap and water it's completely fine :) The price is dirt cheap too even in Australia. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by chukulata

Amazing! Never tried anything like this before so I can't compare but this product does the job so well. I'm a mom and don't really have much time to paint my nails, but with this I can just paint, wait 5 min and go! Love the packaging and the price! Will repurchase for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by funfunfun123

This product is great for people like me who are incredibly impatient when it comes to painting my nails. These drops dries the top most part of the nail polish, so I'm not as prone to denting the polish. However, you can pretty much get the same results using some other oil (e.g. olive oil)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Katlan

These are amazing. They definitely do what they claim to do. After they are applied your nails will dry very quickly. Really useful if I am in a rush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definitely worth a try if you're curious. I found myself giggling with glee after finally having a full coverage of a grey shade I couldn't work with before. I did however smudge it while wiping the oil off, so I guess you gotta wait a few seconds before removing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by JJKZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First bought Sally Hanson dry drops for 10CAD then saw these in essence section and gave it a try - superb! nails dry very fast and its dirty cheap! love it thumbs up

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

These hold true to their claim. I apply after base, colour and top coat, and voila, dry nails in 60 seconds! And this only costs $3 CAD where I buy it. Huge fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought these Essence Nail Art Express Dry Drops about two months ago for about $3CDN. It popped up at Essence's stand at Shopper's Drug Mart and I was willing to give it a try. I hate it so much when my nails smudge, when I have to wait hours for my nails to dry or when I go to sleep and wake up with sheet prints on my nails so I was really willing to give this stuff a whirl.

It does exactly what it says it does. It makes nails dry really quick. If you apply one coat of nail polish and then drip one drop of the oil onto your nails it'll dry lightening fast. If you apply the oil over two coats of nail polish it'll take longer to dry - a few minutes or so. That's a vast improvement over several hours.

This is how I use these drops; I apply one coat of nail polish and wait for it to dry like in a normal manicure. Then I apply a second coat of nail polish and immediately after I finish painting it I drip one or two drops onto my nails. I let that sit for a few minutes and then I wipe it off with a tissue paper and my nails are dry and I can move however I please.

I really love these drops as they cut down the amount of time I waste waiting for my nails to dry. Like other reviewers said, you can't run around banging your nails on things because you'll get nicks in them, but you can move around without worrying about wrinkling your nail polish or smudging them.

These are great and I would repurchase these nail drops a million times over!