July 24, 2014 | 1593 users online

Top/Base Coats - Essence - Express Dry Drops

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by chukulata

Amazing! Never tried anything like this before so I can't compare but this product does the job so well. I'm a mom and don't really have much time to paint my nails, but with this I can just paint, wait 5 min and go! Love the packaging and the price! Will repurchase for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by funfunfun123

This product is great for people like me who are incredibly impatient when it comes to painting my nails. These drops dries the top most part of the nail polish, so I'm not as prone to denting the polish. However, you can pretty much get the same results using some other oil (e.g. olive oil)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Katlan

These are amazing. They definitely do what they claim to do. After they are applied your nails will dry very quickly. Really useful if I am in a rush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definitely worth a try if you're curious. I found myself giggling with glee after finally having a full coverage of a grey shade I couldn't work with before. I did however smudge it while wiping the oil off, so I guess you gotta wait a few seconds before removing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by JJKZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First bought Sally Hanson dry drops for 10CAD then saw these in essence section and gave it a try - superb! nails dry very fast and its dirty cheap! love it thumbs up

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

These hold true to their claim. I apply after base, colour and top coat, and voila, dry nails in 60 seconds! And this only costs $3 CAD where I buy it. Huge fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought these Essence Nail Art Express Dry Drops about two months ago for about $3CDN. It popped up at Essence's stand at Shopper's Drug Mart and I was willing to give it a try. I hate it so much when my nails smudge, when I have to wait hours for my nails to dry or when I go to sleep and wake up with sheet prints on my nails so I was really willing to give this stuff a whirl.

It does exactly what it says it does. It makes nails dry really quick. If you apply one coat of nail polish and then drip one drop of the oil onto your nails it'll dry lightening fast. If you apply the oil over two coats of nail polish it'll take longer to dry - a few minutes or so. That's a vast improvement over several hours.

This is how I use these drops; I apply one coat of nail polish and wait for it to dry like in a normal manicure. Then I apply a second coat of nail polish and immediately after I finish painting it I drip one or two drops onto my nails. I let that sit for a few minutes and then I wipe it off with a tissue paper and my nails are dry and I can move however I please.

I really love these drops as they cut down the amount of time I waste waiting for my nails to dry. Like other reviewers said, you can't run around banging your nails on things because you'll get nicks in them, but you can move around without worrying about wrinkling your nail polish or smudging them.

These are great and I would repurchase these nail drops a million times over!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by aggieecheww

AMAZING product!! im a very clumsy person when painting my nails and this was the perfect life saver. makes my nails dry in minutes! very inexpensive and accessable at priceline or target. definately will repurchase when i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by winghearted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought this on a whim, probably one of the best impulse buys I've ever had. My polish dried within minutes, no streaks just a beautiful and glossy finish. It was only like 3dollars Canadian (bought it at Shopper's Drug Mart).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

My friend recommended this because she swore by it, especially for the price point. I know they make higher-end versions, which of course are a lot less affordable. One mistake I made the first time I used these was using it in between layers - I would paint on top of the oil and a weird texture resulted. Don't do that. The drying effect is ok, although it does do the drying part it doesn't mean I can do whatever I want with my hands after - I still have to be a teeny bit cautions. Warning - put something down before you use this! It gets everywhere.
It does reduce the hassle of waiting for my nails to dry totally, so I would recommend this and I would repurchase.