Essence Express Dry Drops

4.4

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, HEXAMETHYLDISILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE

on 7/11/2015 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

These drops do what they promise but I probably won't repurchase.
I do like the packaging - reminds me of the chemistry lab! - and the nail polish dries within a couple of minutes which is great. Very good price too.
Why not repurchase then?
First of all I'm not a great a fan of its oily consistency but that's not a big deal really.
The main reason is that Essence's Quick Dry clear top coat does the job equally fast, adds a ptotective coat to your polish as well as glossy shine and costs the same so I favor this product over the drops.

on 7/5/2015 12:22:00 PM

I haven't tried any other brand of dry drops to compare this but I can't imagine anything working better than it or being better priced. I am currently going through my third bottle. I place a towel under my fingers and I drip two drops on each nail which is more than enough. Classic 3-layer manicures(base coat-polish-top coat) are completely dry after 2 minutes unless I use a shitty polish. You may leave oily-like fingerprints on anything you touch right after application but it doesn't stain, just wipe it off. Overall perfect!

on 3/2/2015 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love, love, love! My nails feel conditioned and best of all dry after I use this. I wish it had a brush instead of the dropper, but the formula is great and you cannot beat that price!

on 2/16/2015 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

gives opi drip dri a runs for its money!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

People seem confused about this product, so I'm doing a re-write. It isn't a topcoat. It's a something you use to make your polish dry faster--in addition to your topcoat (whatever one you prefer, be it seche vite, poshe, etc.) It shouldn't be reviewed solely as a traditional topcoat, cos that's not its purpose.

It's a much more economical version of Essie's quick-e drops, a more effective alternative to cuticle oil and those icky sprays that they use in mani/pedi places (plus I really hate aerosol--not good for the lungs or the environment, right?)

Overall, me gusta mucho. I've repurchased and will continue to do so.

on 11/23/2014 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Dirt cheap, £2 from Wilkinson's. Does what it says. I love it. So happy Essence has finally come to the UK

on 11/2/2014 2:33:00 AM

Holy moly. Never tried these kinds of products before, and getting sheet marks in my nails after HOURS of dry time before bed was getting old in a hurry. A similar product was nearly ten dollars CAD, and I just couldn't get behind that. At three bucks at my local drugstore, I gave this a try and it will forevermore be a staple in my nail basket. Changed. My. Life.

on 8/1/2014 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Love this stuff! Makes me think about how much time I've wasted waiting for nail polish to dry, haha. Dries my nails completely in about 60 seconds I would say which is a big improvement on some of the polishes I have. I actually use it in between coats of polish too rather than just the last coat which some people have said created a strange texture because of the oil but as long as you wipe/ wash the oil off with soap and water it's completely fine :) The price is dirt cheap too even in Australia. Will definitely repurchase.

on 6/16/2014 10:31:00 PM

Amazing! Never tried anything like this before so I can't compare but this product does the job so well. I'm a mom and don't really have much time to paint my nails, but with this I can just paint, wait 5 min and go! Love the packaging and the price! Will repurchase for sure.

on 6/16/2014 7:53:00 AM

This product is great for people like me who are incredibly impatient when it comes to painting my nails. These drops dries the top most part of the nail polish, so I'm not as prone to denting the polish. However, you can pretty much get the same results using some other oil (e.g. olive oil)

Popular Top/Base Coats