July 30, 2014 | 1224 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten - Victorian

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by dangsusiQ

The application and color appearance of this wasnt as great as the others of this line. Maybe the shade wasnt for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by nellieter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love lipstick and I wear it every single day, but I am so tired of constantly reapplying. I picked this up hoping that it would be some kind of solution and have at least moderately good staying power. That brings me to the best quality about this stain- it really, really does last. The boldness and opacity goes away after a bit and the color becomes fainter, but the color still lasts impressively long. It survives eating, drinking, licking my lips, kissing, the occasional cigarette, etc. I do reapply the gloss a few times because the stain does get a little drying. Another con is that for some reason, the color dispenses beautifully on my bottom lip, but the top one always seems to be paler, and requires a lot more application. I am not sure why this is, but it is definitely annoying. Those are my two biggest complaints, but until I am wealthy and can afford some high-end-fabulous-perfect brand, I will tolerate those for the staying power.
As far as the color- on me it is a pinky red color, that leans closer to natural than to bold. As it fades, it starts to look very natural, like I just have naturally nicely colored lips (which is not true at all- they are practically white!) It goes well with my coloring, which is fair skin with pink undertones and a natural sort of dirty/honey blonde hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This colour is not what I was expecting, but I love the formula of these.
The GOOD:actually lasts all day, nice bold colour, I like the felt tip applicator
The BAD: hate the packaging, the way the balm is stored is terrible, I do find the application of this a little patcher than the other colours I own.

Although this colour is not what I was expecting its nice enough, I probably wouldn't rebuy though as I find it hard to make the colour work enough to make it worth rebuying. On me it is a rich purple-plum with tones of pink. The name is well-suited- wear with natural cheeks, perfect skin and long lashes and straight hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Beare1998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this for about 8 dollars. it is highly price and the packaging is cute but its not the most functional. I like the balm and stain in one and the felt tip but the lip balm doesn't scroll up or down though the color lasts a while and is natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Becky12

I've tried quite a few stains and I like this one the best. Especially the color "Victorian".. it looks outrageously pink, but it comes off as a very natural tint on my fair skin. Just do one to two swipes of it. If you decide to play color by number, your lips are gonna look darker than you want. I also like the convenience of having the balm located right on the stick. I hear that others have had issues with knocking the balm off when they put the cap back on, but I've been using two of these for a month now and I haven't had that issue.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought it on sale at my local drugstore. This is the first lip stain that I ever tried. For the price I paid, I am glad I was giving the chance to see whether I like using lip stains or not. Since this is the first lip stain I ever tried, I cannot compare with other similar products. This review is just based on my own experience wtih the particular product.

I was having a hard time trying to pick out a color.There was no tester and I have no idea whether the color runs true to the package or not. I picked up victorian because it is a very nice berry pink color. It looks really nice onmy lips.

I followed the instruction on the label where I applied the stain first. I have to say it is very drying. The color can be uneven. I have a hard time trying to apply the stain evenly over my lips. I also find out that the stain would stay on my lip lines easily, which is not pretty at all. I love the addition of the lip balm but I am usually very careful when using it because I am afraid to break it. I wish it can be twisted instead of just sticking out like that.

The staying power is much longer than any lipstick or lipgloss that I have ever used. I suppose this is an advantage of lip stains. I also like the fact that when you apply the balm 30sec after, the stain will not be transferred to the blam, making the whole application fuss free.

As my first lip stain, the performance is up to par. But then, I really do not have much expectation to it at the first place. There are much left to be desired in terms of the packaging and formula. I might purchase another one or two just to try out its color selections.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've only tried two lip stains this one and cover girl outlast in berry something or other, the CG one had a really pretty color but only stayed on for like an hour and if I had some water or something it would also leave. So since I liked the old color I got this one in a close shade. The shade on the bottle is pretty much the same as it comes out on me. (I have very light pink lips) This stain was wayyyy better than CG it actually stayed through eating and drinking and a few hours after that it looks like I just put it on. I can't tell however if the balm helps, not very moisturizing and its kinda exposed like a lipstick rolled up all the way I'm anticipating it breaking off -_-

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by missmaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely *love* this colour! I also have this lip stain in Passion and Gothic, and I find that Passion is a bit too bright pink and Gothic is quite an intense dark red, but Victorian is the most flattering lip colour I have ever tried. I call it a cherry pink, it's just beautiful. Love, love, love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by GabeyC

I own two of these lip stains, I bought the first, loved it and then went out to buy a second - I have not had any problems with the lip balm, the cap fits securely in the tube and has not fallen off, The stain isyes, drying, but the lip balm really helps, and more importantly, it last a really, really long time - I guess this is oneof those products you need to test and decide for yourself - I loved it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by kkelly95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the colors that are offered in the Just Bitten line, but if you use the lipstain without the balm, it is very drying on the lips. Also, the second time i used this, the lip balm part broke off! Although I liked the color, I won't be buying this again. I'll just stick with my cheap NYC Smooch Proof Lipstain, which is half the price and, in my opinion, a better product.