Chanel Rouge Coco Etole

4.5

on 12/29/2012 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This lipstick is gorgeous! It's exactly what I wanted MAC's Sophisto lipstick to look like, but Sophisto was too sheer. This lipstick is a beautiful shade that can either look like my lips but better, if applied lightly, or look like the most beautiful red for an evening out. LOVE it! But will not repurchase because it is too expensive.

on 12/18/2011 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Etole is a beautiful MLBB shade for deeper-toned women that leans more red/plum than the usual mauve tones of MLBB lippy and thus pulls slightly warmer. I typically don't care for the Rouge Coco formula--I prefer Rouge Allures, as I find them more moisturizing--but Etole is creamy and has enough slip to feel comfortable on my lips. I appreciate the very subtle golden tone/shimmer to it, but wish it were more pronounced. Though I do like Etole and would buy it again, I took a lippy off due to it looking MUCH better over the Rose Cuivre lip liner and with Braise glossimer on top. Without either of those Etole can be kind of blah. If Mademoiselle was too light/cool for you Etole is your MLBB shade. NC42-44/NARS Tahoe/Perfection Lumiere 34 for reference.

on 11/25/2011 6:34:00 PM

i lovvee this lipstick, its a classy pinky red that when applied lightly can be a mlbb. its not drying and has pretty good staying power, i recommend.

on 7/20/2011 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Etole (#80) is a new fall color in the Rouge Coco l/s line. It is a very pretty, pink-plum-brown that goes on more sheer then you would expect from the dark color in the bullet. When applied to my pigmented lips it is a very wearable neutral pinky-brown with a slight goldish sheen (not shimmer or frost) that really makes it very comfortable to wear. Once I apply it to my lips I like to blend with my finger for a stained effect, so it does not have that heavy l/s look. This looks wonderful on my olive/tan complexion for a more defined lip look for the office. It is a bit darker then my natural lip color but adds a bit of subtle pink to my otherwise brown lip so it brightens a bit as well. I really like this color. I am layering it with the Braise (#158) l/g, also new for fall. Great combination for a gorgeous plumy-brown day look.

Popular Lipsticks