September 17, 2014 | 2090 users online

Hair Treatments - Rahua Finishing Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Expensive yes.. But totally worth it for a natural, organic, silicon free product. The scent takes getting used to, but I know look forward to the palo santo scent (same as rahua poo/cond).

It's not a rich treatment, but I use it as a replacement to a traditional silicone treatment (shine /smoothness) without the harmful chemicals and cones. I apply it on damp hair before air drying or blowing it out. I have tried it on dry hair, but it's much too heavy for my hair type. Already on my 2nd jar.

Edited: it has been rainy and humid and my hair is still frizz free and soft

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Rahua Finishing Treatment is a good product, but it's not perfect. If you like the effect of a couple drops of a silicone 'oil' as a finishing treatment, but don't like using silicone in your hair, or feel let down by how silicone makes hair *look* healthy without really doing anything for it, then you'll probably like this Rahua product. After washing and towel-drying your hair, you just take a little dab, rub it between your hands, and run your hands through your hair. I think the key is working out how much to use. My hair is on the fine side, so if I use too much of this my hair feels weighed down, as though I didn't rinse my conditioner out properly. I've learned that the finishing treatment works best for me if I apply most of it to the ends and mid-lengths of my hair, and then use what's left on my hands to smooth the wispy bits of hair around my face and finish by runing my hands quickly through my hair all over.

If I am going to use other products in my hair, I use them after the Rahua - so whether you like to use something volumising, or a heat protectant for styling, or if you still want that silicone shine this doesn't prevent you from doing your usual thing unless you over-do it.

After going through a good 4/5 of a jar, however, there are a few reasons that I won't re-purchase. First is the price - it's a nice product, but I really don't think there's anything in there that justifies the cost. I have a suspicion that it's the niche Rahua Finishing Treatment fills that I really like, more than the product itself. I'm not sure that this expensive stuff is pulling off a trick I couldn't manage with some cheap & friendly natural (homemade?) product. Or I could be wrong, and I might come crawling back, we'll see.

Another reason I'd like to find a substitute is that while it's awesome that you only use a little dab each time and "a jar will last, like, forever!" the truth is - it won't. My jar went bad before I was able to use it all up. It didn't grow horrifying mold or anything like that, but the smell changed, and that's enough to tell you something in it isn't the same as it was when you started using it. Despite the change in smell, there hasn't really been a change in performance, but for the price, I'd like to be able to use up every last little bit and have it all be just as perfect as when I first cracked the jar open.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by NiikiN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product. It is expensive but it works and makes my hair look and feel great! Totally worth the money as a little bit goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this for my sons hair. He has fine toddler hair that I like to keep in place and I'm not gonna use gel so I picked this up since i already use the shampoo and are familiar with the brand. It's perfect! I use a pinch and his hair is left so soft and shiny, and most of all...in place! The smell is wonderful, kinda like licorice (anise). I did get curious and tried it on the front of my hair (3b curls) and it did nothing. Love it for my kiddo.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Fondlemyplums

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely fabulous stuff. Is it expensive? Heck yeah! But what you're getting is probably a 2 year supply of this product in a very elegant glass jar. No chemicals, organic, no silicones, just shine and silk to your thankful hair. I use a tiny dollop and it's plenty. I have the shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioning treatment and this finishing treatment, every single product is phenomenal and the improvement is completely noticeable almost immediately. It's so hard to believe that this line is organic and has that much magic in its restorative powers. I'm addicted.

P.S. Try the new Rahua Omega 9 Hair Mask, it's extraordinary. After just one treatment your hair feels 10 times healthier. I've already done 2 treatments and my hair is 20 times better than I remember it ever being before my Japanese hair straightening days (which is terrible for your hair but at least it gives the appearance of silkiness and a frizz free, albeit lifeless-bone-straight mane).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by iciclerain

I've tried the shampoo, conditioner, the voluminous shampoo/condition in the Rahua range, and also this leave-in treatment and I have to say while I adore the great ingredients, this is not a line for fine hair. I only use a very small dab of this treatment on my wet hair, but sometimes it still weighs my hair down. This would probably work best for thick and coarse hair.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Will make your hair lustrous without silicones! Kind of pricy at $45, but a little goes a very long way. With this I can knock out a shine serum and conditioner, which usually costs me $20-30 dollars a piece anyway, so it's about the same price right?

The texture is similar to a whipped mayonnaise, and there is no scent to it. I take a small about and rub between my palms then distribute it throughout my hair concentrating more on the ends.

I have straight asian hair that has been looking a little dry and lackluster. After using this my hair was very soft and shiny! Not greasy at all. Best of all it's organic!