October 1, 2014 | 915 users online

Lips - Hourglass - Aura Sheer Lip Stain in Flush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by MissBeautyAdikt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Hourglass Aura Sheer Lip Stain in Flush because it comes out like a berry pink. There were two more other shades, Petal, which is a peachy pink and scarlet, a soft plum. I honestly thought there was going to be a few more shades, because three is simply not enough!

The packaging is in a stylish click pen, and also has a weighty feel to it. Towards the nib, there is a clear panel that shows you the colour of the product and when you first get it, you can see the product moving towards the nib as you twist the top. I think it's super convenient for keeping in your handbag and is travel friendly.

How does this feel on my lips? This is one of the lightest lip stains i have ever tried and i think it's because it is water based. It has a cooling, tingly sensation on my lips when i apply the colour. The colour applied evenly to my lips and the thing that i like about it most, was that i could build it up. It applies quite sheer to begin with and then i apply a bit more, depending on how deep i want the stain to be. I find with some lip stains, it's so bold to begin with, there's no way of sheering it out.

Sometimes i do find lip stains quite drying, but this one doesn't seem to do that, but it's not the most moisturising either. I tend to apply either my Korres Lip Butter in Quince or the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Lip Balm when my lips are feeling a bit dry.

The other thing that i prefer is that you apply it straight from the pen, unlike the Benefit Benetint. Don't get me wrong, i love my Benetint, but you have to use your fingers to blend it into your lips, and then you're left with dark, berry stains on your fingers!

I have been enjoying using this a lot over the last few weeks and i wish Hourglass had a few more shades to offer. I love that it's cruelty free! I think the £21 price tag may put people off, however i think the price is on par with a lot of premium brands that offer lip stains and i personally think this is one of the better ones.

Full post with pictures can be found on my blog: http://goo.gl/WQnkrw

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried to like this product as I am on the eternal search for my HG lipstain, sadly this product fell short. But I will start with the positives! I wouldn't consider the color universally flattering because on my pale lips it pulls a very bright and vibrant, pretty (in my opinion) cherry red. It really is distinctive and doesn't fail to show up immediately, that being said it is also buildable. If I apply a light layer it is a sheer hot pink that works a little better for daytime. The texture is nice and it applies smooth and sets quickly. It doesn't feel like anything is sitting on your lips either which I like. The packaging as with all HG products is nothing short of beautiful and sophisticated. It is sturdy metal packaging with a felt applicator. Being that it is a clicking pen it is also easy to determine the amount of product you want to apply. You never have to worry about the lid falling off either which nobody likes.

That being said, the product performs subpar for my standards. The biggest disappointment with the stain is that it fades very unevenly leaving patches! I build it up to achieve the true color of the stain (bright red), and it migrates to the inside corners of my lips leaving bright red dehydration lines. It is also a drying formula, my lips do not look like their perfectly smooth selves when I wear this! After about three hours it looks as though I have been wearing it for quite some time. When I try to reapply it never looks the best either because of the patchy fading I'm trying to hide by touching up. It's a pretty stain but it isn't worth the money in my opinion. Still on the hunt!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by jendreamy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i absolutely /love/ this lipstain. it's like, basically hg for me! i am not a lipstick kind of girl, but i'm not a lipgloss kind either, and this is absolutely amazing. previously, i've liked the revlon kissable balm stains, but this is much better, in my opinion.

first of all, the pigmentation is really nice and definitely buildable, and for me, i can make it really sheer or really bright really easily. the color flush is so pretty and its a lovely mix of a bright pink and a rosier watermelon-y red!
it stayed on my lips for a few hours, which is pretty long for me, as i'm a notorious liplicker and lip products tend to wear off super quick on me!
it also faded nicely, and as time went on, didn't look like it was fading, more like the color was 'softening'.

the only downsides, for me, are the price and the packaging, kind of.
obviously, it's super expensive for a lip product, but i'm willing to shell out the money for something i constantly reach for.
as for the packaging, i find that when i let the tube roll around in my bag, some product will come out and be on the cap.

overall, this product is amazing, and i super recommend it if it's in the budget!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Since I bought this online, sight unseen, it took me a while to decide between Flush and Petal.

I've already got Scarlet, so I knew what to expect in terms of quality - I was just hung up on the color. I wanted a warm pink to wear as a base under lipsticks like MAC Impassioned and Party Parrot.

That is exactly what I got! Flush, at least to me, is a vibrant sheer pinky red. It's not exactly cool, but it's not too warm for NW15 me.

It glides on, with a gel-like consistency, and stays put for hours. I don't find it drying, but it isn't moisturizing, either, so a little balm on top is perfect. I also LOVE the fact that Hourglass is cruelty-free.

I'm not wild about the click-pen applicator (twist too many times, and you waste product), and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if the price were lower, but overall this is a fantastic stain. I only wish it came in more colors! Definitely worth a repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high expectations for this after reading so many positive reviews here and on Sephora's website. For me, this is a slightly creamier version of Benefit's Benetint in a click-pen format. That product looked awful on my lips and so does this. It's an overpriced cherry red lip stain that highlights every flake and crack on my dry lips. I have to use it with a lip balm or it looks awful, so because of that it doesn't last very long. Returned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Flush and in Scarlet and I wear Flush daily. Im a teacher so I dont really have time to touch up during the day and I need something that will last- this is it!
Just like reviewer tiddleywinks said, it dries slowly enough to even out, and it doesnt leave a ring when it fades. I would describe it as a warm medium pink. For reference Im an NC25/30.
On me it is non-drying but I still add a lip balm over the top every morning because I like a sheen.
It is a bit pricey but considering I wear this every day it is worth it to me. Scarlet on the other hand...I dont get much wear out of, it's very dark.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by tiddleywinks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wowza! Lovin' this! I have surely tried every lipstain out there, from the high end to the low and everything in between. This is one of the very best. All the good stuff - super long lasting (I get about six hours), fades evenly (no lip ring), non-drying, ample product for the price, great shade (medium pink, but personally I find it more corally-warm pink that leans to the red on my fair coloring). A small amount goes a long way. Some lipstains give discomfort and an odd drying sensation, but the Hourglass does not. It dries slowly enough to apply evenly, it's thick enough to feel like a liquid lipstick, and nicely pigmented. I don't have to prepare/exfoliate in any way. I do wear clear lipgloss over it, as I like a bit more shine. I would totally purchase again, and have already bought a backup! Expensive-ish at $26 USD, but it is a fairly large item so you do get a goodly amount of product. Hourglass only has 3 shades, but with a pink, a red, and a plum, I could go the rest of my days with these and be perfectly happy! Yay!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by coloredpencils

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For once, a Sephora SA knew what she was talking about. Not drying, lovely color--pink natural lip but not baby pink Superbly kissable. Excellent for everyday. Fades without lines Dries quickly. The Scarlett is awesome, too.Simply the best lip stain I've found. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Juno360

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Picked this up 2 weeks ago and have been wearing it regularly. I love the IDEA of lip stains, but in reality many are drying, cause ring around the mouth, apply unevenly, etc.

I LOVE this color, very surprisingly. It's a vivid bubble gum pink (blue toned rather than red/fuschia) but without harshness or sweetness. The click-up marker tip applies evenly and respects the lipline. It's a tiny bit drying, but manageable with a lip balm and lasts 2 or 3 hours on.

I like it enough I wish it came in more colors. A perfect summer look with clear skin and finished brows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm usually pretty iffy on lip stains, as they tend to be way too intense, wear unevenly, or dry out my lips. This one is just creamy enough to go on smooth and natural, and gives a perfect flush that lasts for hours. You don't get much in the applicator pen, but a thin coat is plenty under gloss or balm. Definitely a staple.