December 20, 2014 | 1604 users online

Polishes - Butter London - Wallis

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the few Butter London's that I love. I purchase this brand frequently because of swatches I have seen...then they look like duds or chip like crazy.

Wallis is a great color for color. I'm fair with pink undertones and still love this color. Its a Olive green with a hint of brass to it. I find the wear time with Orly bonder and Seche Vite TC about 4 days, which is my normal wear time.

Applies opaque in 3 super thin coats. I did not experience and streaks but I do wait 2 minutes in between each coat.

This one is a keeper.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

gorgeous color. based on color alone, this nail polish deserves 1 star.
unfortunately, that is the one and only good thing that can be said about it.
would you believe that a saturated color like this would streak like crazy? more than any thin, milky-white cheap polish out there but it does, oh boy how it streaks.
drying time? i cannot recall another nail polish that absolutely refuses to dry. even with a professional dry coat, this polish was as wet after almost 2 hours, as it was out of the bottle.
the smell is not too off-putting. dont know how the formula fares in terms of harmful ingredients. i bought it because the color was so attractive, before doing any research.
of course, i have no intention now to research this garbage polish.
returning and never buying another butter polish again. even if all the better polishes i.e essie, opi etc, somehow disappear, i can happily live with 99 cents drug store finds. but i will never again be subjected to this horror of a polish.
maybe this was some bad bottle. possible. but now that i discovered Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure, there is no reason to - ever - give butter another chance

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I bought a few Butter London polishes awhile back when they were 50% off and I have no idea why I thought this color would look good on me. I love the color but I am so cool toned that it looks like puke on me rofl. In the bottle its gorgeous. A very unique olive green with gold and brown tones. LOVE the color, just not meant for cool skin :(

This color has been decent for wear time, the others I have have not. I will not be purchasing anymore unless there is a really unique color that cannot be duped that looks stunning on me lol. I do not think they are worth $20 personally.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous polish. Great formula. If only all Butter London polishes performed like this....swoon. I love green. I love olive green even more and if you add sparkles or shimmers, I'm head over heels. This polish has it all. Even though it's green it leans brown/gold and is a very warm shade. This seems to go well with many fall outfits and matches well with the browns, cinnamons, navy blues, golds and Loden greens that are traditional fall colors. This formula went on easily and was really sheer and went on a bit streaky on the first coat, but evened out with 3 coats. This polish dries fast too. I loved painting with this formula, it was not too thin and not too thick and it did not pool, run, or flood my cuticles. It dries fast though so you have to work quickly and there isn't a lot of time to get it all even. It dries shiny and this polish is beautiful. It looks green but then the gold is super strong in this and it has a nice metallic finish. The little brush is a standard size and is flexible but doesn't really fan out at all for application. The handle is very short and this results in better control. These bottles have a small rectangular footprint and nest together and take up such little space in storage. The bottle itself is really cute though and are modern and chic looking with the solid clear body and shiny black top. They are designed so it looks like 2 squares stacked on top of another and this is a really nice looking bottle. It displays well. It stores well. It wears well. It applies well. I love the color. The only complaint about this one is the cost. I refuse to pay $15 for a polish, so I wait and get these when they go on sale at ULTA and to save even more I also use the e-mail coupon from my ULTA beauty club membership and the paper coupon from the catalog/mailer. Yay for Butter London and saving some money! This is the best formula I've encountered with a BL so far. I wish they were all like Wallis. Now I understand all the hoopla over this one. Wallis is part of their core line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A very unusual greenish gold with brass undertones. Not for the faint of heart. A great fall-winter shade. My skin has muted yellow undertones so it looks good on me but if green is problematic on you, pass Wallis by.

Wears real well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Iampo0kie

This color is a really interesting olive/gold/black. The glitters show up really well, and the polish applies great. My only peeve with Butter London polishes are, the brush is small. Otherwise, great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by ShopaholicsAnonymous

This is a fantastic polish. The color is warm and glowy and looks lit from within. I can't decide if it's green or gold. LOVE. The formula is very nice too. Goes on uniformly, no cuticle drag, pooling, or streaking. Opaque in 2 coats. Wear time is nice too. I used my usual BC/TC combo and it has lasted 4 days with one small chip. I don't love it enough to need a backup, and let's be honest, I have so much polish I'll never use the whole bottle. But I still say I'd buy it again because I don't regret buying it and think it's an excellent, unique addition to my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Bryantgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was messing around in Ulta when I came to the Butter London testers. I already had on a deep purple polish (Sexy Divide by Essie), but I still wanted to try some on. So I picked up Wallis and started putting it on. I was going to put on more than one coat so the purple wouldn't shine through, but it looked so fabulous with the purple showing. I've also seen this color by itself on other people, and it looks great that way too. I love it when my nail polishes have more than one way of using them. When I can justify spending $14 on a nail polish, this is the first one I am going to grab! Simply love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by trollzorz94

Wallis is a really unique colour, albeit an "ugly-pretty" one. The only polish in my (extensive) collection that comes close is Chanel's famed Peridot. In comparison, Wallis has a different finish (foil, not metallic), is significantly darker, has more shimmer which is also more densely packed, and has less gold-green duochrome.

Coats: 2 for full opacity
Drying time: super fast, probably less than a minute between coats
Chips: after six/seven days (with Sally Hansen Diamond Shine topcoat)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I purchase a lot of nail polish and am not shy about wearing a variety of colors. However, this was not one of my favorite. Probably due to my skin tone, the hue of Wallis just made my hand complexion look sallow and unattractive. Perhaps someone with more olive toned skin would fare better with this, but for me it was a no go. Overall, I do like the range of colors and type of polish that Butter London produces and find them to be as good as most HE polishes.