E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer Collection (Sheer, Pearl, Champagne).

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No. 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Violet (CI77077), Blue No. 7 Lake (CI 42090)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the ELF eyeshadow primers. I believe I own at least one of all of the colors available currently (eg Pearl, Sheer, Blush, Champagne, Nude et al I think that's their names, I would have to run check which is impossible coz I'm holding a puppy in my lap :) ). The packaging makes me a little bit annoyed coz I can't get to the very bottom of the tube/sides so when one gets "empty" I am going to have my Father use a knife & cut off the top to eek out the last bits. What do I have to lose I mean it's useless if it's "empty" n can't get and more product out. I have UDPP & a couple of others eyelid primers, this is a good value for a buck $1 but UDPP container lasts much longer. But that is like 20x as expensive. I think the elf functions quite well. I will def repurchase! I'm an elfette I love elf makeup & best of all besides the price, having a subscription box, & a good website is that elf is cruelty free!!!! :)

This is a very good product. It's my first actual eyeshadow primer. I used to use face primers for my eyelids, so when I used this for the first time I was astounded at how it made my shadow pop! I have the white one. Nice consistency, long wear, does its job well. The only problem I have with it is the definite lack of product. There is very, very little product in the tube. I suppose it's not too bad, as it was around $3.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this in the pearl version and it just did not work for me. It has a ton of glitter and it smells really strange. Couldn't make it work :/

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Today, I out this on at 6am. I just got home from work+class at 8:30pm and my eyeshadow hadn't budged. Looked perfect. That is 12+ hours of staying power so I am impressed. I really just discovered the awesomeness of e.l.f. and working my way through the line testing things. The quality is really excellent esp considering the prices!! I have never used eyeshadow primer before. I have oily lids and this kept the shadow from sliding off as per usual. Will repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have used a lot of different high end eye primers; including Urban Decay eye shadow primer potion which cost me around $20 and Too Faced shadow insurance which I guess cost me like $17, I am not sure. Although these products were great, the price was an issue. I don't have oily lids. In fact, my lids are so dry that sometimes I get dry patches around my eyelid which is a real issue because after I apply eye shadow it looks flaky. So I have to use an eye cream before I start with my eyeshadow. Eye cream does make my eye lids quite oily. I also have a little bit of pigmentation on my eyelids. So I was looking for an affordable primer with a bit of coverage which will make my eyeshadow last all day as I don't have time for touch ups when I am at work. I came across this primer when I ran out of my Urban Decay primer potion. I have been using this primer in Sheer for 3 years now. I am not going back. This primer blends like a dream and it's so affordable. It cost me like $2. I also use it under my eyes to keep my under eye concealer from creasing. It works so well and I apply a little bit of eyeliner in my water liner and it looks like a hot mess when it's all over the place. This multi-tasker not only stops my concealer from creasing, it also keeps my liner in place all day. So here are the pros and cons.

Pros:
* Affordable.
* Comes in three different shades.
* Eye shadow lasts all day with this primer
* Has a little bit of coverage to hide veins and redness.
* Blends like a dream with fingers or brush.
* Comes in a tube with a doe foot applicator to avoid unhygienic mess.
* Very smooth texture.
* Makes the eye shadow more vibrant.
* Can prevent concealer from creasing if around the under eye area.
* Eyeliner lasts longer and does not smudge.

Cons:
* Not a lot of coverage.
* Can dry out pretty quickly so you have to rush through blending.

I love this primer from the bottom of my heart. I do recommend this product. Everyone should try this primer at least once. It's a multi-tasker. It prevents concealer from creasing, it prevents eyeliner from smudging and it works with eye shadow so well. It keeps eye shadow in place all day and prevents it from creasing.

Didn't read reviews ahead of time, my bad, so I was unpleasantly surprised that it had glitter in it! Not for the over 50 crowd. If you don't mind glitter I guess it does the job. Keeps eye shadow looking nice all day. Wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This review is for the primer in Pearl which was the only "color" available when I made my purchase. I must say that this was quite a surprise to me as the product comes out of the tube white and dries a translucent white on the lids. The biggest surprise for me was that it contains a slight amount of glitter. It did apply smoothly and dried quickly, so that is a plus. At first I wasn't sure I liked this because of the color and glitter but after applying my eyeshadow it wasn't noticeable at all and the shadow went on over it easily. There was no creasing, fading, or transference with this primer on my nonoily lids. At the grand cost of $1.00 I will definitely repurchase as this cheapie worked really well for me. I will also look for some of the other shades available.

I wanted to update my review to include the sheer formula in this review.

Within the last year WalMart has started to carry a pretty decent selection of ELF products and as such I was able to find sheer there.

I love this stuff and it has become my new HG of eyeshadow primers. It applies smoothly with little effort and dries quickly. It adds no color to my lids drying nude. It keeps my eyeshadow in place without creasing or fading.

This works as well for me as UD PP at a fraction of the price. I think that this runs about $2.00 per tube and lasts quite a long time. I keep a stock of this on hand as it is often sold out at my local WalMart.

I will continue to repurchase as I think this stuff is great. Wish I could find the Champagne color as I would love to give that a try.

This eye primer is absolutely lovely. I purchased the shade 'Pearl'. It doesn't allow any make-up that I place on top of it to crease, and it's so cheap. (It's $3 in Australia, but I'm sure it's $1 in most other places?) It works well if you want a shimmer-based primer as this particular product has quite a prominent fine shimmer to it. If you want a more matte base, then I wouldn't say it'd work particularly well.

Overall, it works very, very well for the price you get it for, as well as giving you a fair amount of product with it.

I picked this primer in the shade pearl and I absolutely hate it. I expected it to be a bit more liquidy but it was dry as. I thought this was due to the store I bought it at but however that's not the case. I do like the shine it gives, however I would not buy this again. Maybe I'll buy it in the sheer colour to see if the formula is any different but overall, did not like the product.

This primer is great, my lids get very oily & my shadow by the end of the day is grose. This blends really easy & feels amazing. Even better it comes in a variety of shades. It must be popular because I went to 4 different kmarts & I managed to get the last one in pearl.... Will be ordering online to try the rest