December 20, 2014 | 1670 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer Collection (Sheer, Pearl, Champagne).

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Cassiekye

This primer is great, my lids get very oily & my shadow by the end of the day is grose. This blends really easy & feels amazing. Even better it comes in a variety of shades. It must be popular because I went to 4 different kmarts & I managed to get the last one in pearl.... Will be ordering online to try the rest

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by macaronbadger

I've just ordered my second tube of this. It is great! You have to leave it to dry and blend it in but it definitely stops eye make up from creasing.

I've also used it in my smile lines to stop foundation creasing (it works amazingly) and I've used it under my eyes to stop concealer creasing (also works!).

I have only ordered this in Sheer and it's a perfect base for all colours.

The only other eyelid primer I have tried is the Benefit one and that was rubbish. This one is miles better and a fraction of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by shelby1211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyelid primer is pretty good. I have all three shades and I would say the pearl is definitely the worst of the three but it is fine. I like to use the pearl when I'm using bright colors so it pales out my eyelids and I don't load too much of the product onto my lids. This stuff is not meant to be used heavily, it's a primer not a shadow. It does smell kinda weird, but you have to open it up and straight up smell it in the bottle, I don't notice it at all. Not a huge fan of the glitter but it's cute if you want to just use the primer alone to look "glowy". Overall, for the price, I can't complain. It gets the job done (I have normal skin type if anyone was wondering)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by lorwayk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I figured I'd try this because of good reviews and the amazing price of this stuff. It's an okay product. I got the "Pearl" shade and it comes in this horrible lip gloss like container. I use the smallest amount because it literally looks white the second I put it on my eyelid. What I don't like about this product is the glitter in it! I'm surprised no one else has mentioned an issue over this. It does work fine for the price, I'm just not a huge fan of the glitter! I don't think I'd spend the dollar again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

THIS IS LIKE THE COMIC SANS OF MAKEUP.
I COULD WRITE BOOKS UPON BOOKS ABOUT THE WAYS IN WHICH THIS PRODUCT IS THE MOST AWFUL THING TO EVER HAPPEN IN THE HISTORY OF MAKEUP.

I have this is pearl.
This makes your eyelids as white as topical ointment.
The sparkle makes you look like freaking Edward Cullen.
The smell. SON OF A NUTCRACKER THE SMELL. It is worse than hot dog water.

THIS PRODUCT SMELLS AND LOOKS LIKE SPOILED MILK. IT HAS THE CONSISTENCY OF ROTTEN CHEESE CURDS.

ON THE HATRED O METER, I GIVE THIS PRODUCT ONE MILLION STARS. DO NOT BUY THIS.

15 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Muffinpants

Actually, I friggen LOVE this product. I have used the more priceier options from Sephora and yes, they were amazing. But this product is just as good especially it's price! This works great as a base and primer, it does crease slightly but I still love it. I use it everyday since I wear liquid liner on my eyelid. Definetly will buy again and again!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by midoriclarkbaba

I bought this thinking it was an eyeshadow primer, but it's more of a base. I don't like it at all though, it doesn't blend, sparkles go every where and once it dries it flakes everywhere. It lacks a lot of pigmentation. Also, I had this on for less than an hour, and it was creasing and smudging everywhere! Never going to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by mskittenmittens

I bought this product in Sultry Satin. This product is very frustrating to me- I find it impossible to blend out the edges, but maybe this just isn't the product I was looking for. At the moment, I prefer powder eyeshadow! Also, do NOT touch it once it dries, or else it will flake off, little chunk by chunk. The platinum gold color is rather unflattering- at least, for me. It looks better as an eyeliner for me, but still somewhat unflattering. I wish I could make this work! Perhaps I would like this eyeshadow a tiny bit more if the color suited me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by mjG7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great eyelid primer. Stops shadow from fading and creasing. Nice texture, not greasy. Will buy again and again. It`s only $1.00. Can`t beat it with a stick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is definitely a great primer, don't get me wrong, especially for a buck, but it's not quite perfect for me. I have extremely oily lids and I work in retail with 12 hour days, and my eyeshadow doesn't smudge, but sometimes it disappears. It's also nice for my under eye so my concealer stays put, which has also been nice for me since I've always had a problem with that and my mascara smudging, this helps that as well. It's kind of concealing as well, I know my eyes look better upon applying it. I don't feel though it doesn't enhance color on it, almost takes away from it and I know it's only a buck, but I feel like there is so little in the tube that I have to buy it often and I would rather pay more for more than always having to get some. I also don't like that the tube is colored, I can't see what product is left inside. If no other ones existed, I would be perfectly content with this, it really isn't horrible, just not my fave. I liked this starting out and as my first primer (I had used paint pots before), but I'm on to step up.

I also gave one to my mother to try, she loved it and was really happy and isn't as into trying different make up like I am and has the same routine every day.

I think if you aren't picky about everything, this will be your cup of tea, otherwise you'll probably want to explore the market.