October 25, 2014 | 1832 users online

Skincare - Body - Ground Coffee

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Clxer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love using anything-coffee on my face for it's slimming effects! I found that it instantly depuffs my face and leaves it looking slimmer and tighter. I also found that directly applying coffee grinds or just straight up coffee left a little stain and that it didn't sit too well on my skin.

The best way I found for topical use is this home-made mask :

Ingredients :

1. half a tablespoon of plain yogurt (any is fine, though I'd personally avoid the favoured ones if I were you)

2. half to one teaspoon of instant coffee granules or left-over coffee grinds

3. 3 quarters to 1 tablespoon of oatmeal

Optional:

4. half a teaspoon of honey ( moisturising and anti-bacterial benefits for the dry or acne proned skin)

To avoid this post to be overly long, read more about how each ingredient benefits the skin in my One Trick For A Slimmer, V-shaped face http://claudlyy.blogspot.com/2014/10/one-trick-for-slimmer-v-shaped-face.html post!

Goodluck! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by OhKitsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I occasionally do a coffee mask maybe once a month. Initially I would do it once every 3 days but I got lazy >___<

I'd mix freshly grounded coffee with a bit of honey, lemon juice, and cocoa powder. Rarely I'd add milk. Mix it well into a thick paste and put it in the fridge. I love cold masks so I usually put all my mixed masks into the fridge prior to using them.

After cleansing, apply a thick layer. I love the smell of this mask. Mmm mmm goodness me. It's very messy though! But once you get an even layer, relax and let it dry. I like to leave it for max 1 hour.

When washing, wet an area with a sprinkle of water then slowly and gently exfoliate your skin with the grounds. Repeat with other areas of your face then wash it all off.

I substitute one of my biweekly exfoliations with this mask when I feel extra diligent LOL. And I love the after-feeling. Face feels baby soft and smooth and extra bright. Plus, it smells good.

Who doesn't like cocoa and coffee aromas? ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A useful component in body scrubs.
Smells good (if you like how coffee smells - which i happen to like) and you can control how finely or coarsely it is ground.

Caffeine is also good for stimulating surface capilaries (bad for rosaceatic skin but good for cellulite).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by LilyJ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this as a face mask and body scrub.

For a mask, I just pat the used coffee grains on my face and under my eye and leave for 20 minutes. Instantly brighter skin, dark circles and puffiness has decreased, acne and scars are reduced. I love it!

And every morning I use the leftovers from my coffee as a body scrub, particularly on my 'problem areas' such as the back of my legs and thighs.

Great value and it really does work. I would recommend anyone try it no matter your skin type, but particularly if you have- dark circles, dull skin, acne and scarring.

I had a nasty raised acne scar on my neck that wouldn't budge, and all my usual tricks wouldn't work as I find that neck scars are the hardest to get rid of. After just 1 application of the coffee mask there was a 50% decrease, it was much flatter and less red.

You really don't need to add anything else to it, but maybe sea salt and some almond oil if you feel like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by meanie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read that ground coffee can be used as a scrub to smooth away the appearance of cellulite. I've only been using it for 2 days so I can't comment on the effectiveness of treating cellulite but I LOVE it as a scrub for my face and body.

I use freshly ground coffee (b/c I read it has more antioxidants and caffeine than used coffee grounds) which I mix with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle body wash. My skin feels so smooth and my face has a nice rosy glow.

As others have already mentioned, it does make a bit of a mess in the bath tub but it's totally worth it for baby soft skin.

I'll update when/if I see any results with the cellulite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I love Coffeeee! I drink it every day and I keep the coffee grinds to use it for my face, body and hair.

On my face
- it depuffs my eyes and makes them brighter!
- my skin is softer , it looks clear and my pores are smaller. I still have to use a toner to take out the brown colour from my skin though. I didn't try with joghurt and in fact I prefer to have the whole strength of just coffee on my face
- it helps with tightening the skin which kind of ''sculpts'' your face and if you have a double chin coffee is the right kitchen ingredient for you!

Body
- is great for exfoliation and as an anticelulite treatment! You can definitely see that your skin is firmer and feel strong

On my hair
- I have brown hair and it leave my hair shiny and healthy

Whenever I use it, it really gives me energy and a great state of mind!
I have been using it since I was 13! I should use it even more often!

This is great for women that retain water (like me). As soon as I use my coffee scrub on my whole body, my skin looks firmer and my thighs are slimmer!

One of my favourite helper from the kitchen.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use ground coffee as a an all over body scrub with honey and almond oil in the shower and it is the best! It's all natural and cheap. You can't get any better than that. I will repurchase.
Coffee Scrub:
3 tablespoons of coffee
1 tablespoon of almond oil
1/3 tablespoon of honey

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by lexigill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love using brewed coffee to tone the brasiness out of my highlights. Just rinse hair with warm water and towel dry. Pour a cup of warm brewed black coffee through hair and let sit while you finish your shower. It makes a wonderful rinse and adds lots of shine and cool tones to my brunette hair. I use this in place of the horribly drying Aveda Black Malva conditioner. Definitely recommend!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by beachsexybronze

Who doesn't drink coffee? :) I agree with all reviewers! Coffee is also another miracle beauty must-have!

-De puffs
-decreases cellulite (use coffee grinds like a paste with a little bit of water just enough to make it stick to your thighs, wrap with plastic wrap that you have in your kitchen, let it sit for a few hours or overnight and smooth thighs next morning)! No expensive treatments needed!

-also a great body scrub before self tanning...I can go on and on, but others have already reviewed this wonderfully! Coffee is the best!

Oh, and also gives a nice natural brown tint to brassy hair ;)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by misterandry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS.
I use this as a face and body scrub, and it leaves my skin feeling moisturized, soft, and tightened- not to mention the smell is a wonderful pick me up! It does make a mess in the tub though, so make sure you rinse it out well.
What I do is I take used coffee grounds - an excuse to have more coffee! - and mixed it with freshly squeezed lemon juice, to help lighten scars and tighten pores, until i have a paste. It'll look like black mud, but I actually think it's pretty cool. I took the bowl with me into the shower, first applied it to my face, applying it in circular motions. I left it on for a while. Then I put it on my chest, stomach, back, legs- everywhere, really! Applying it in circular motions. When I rinsed it off, it left my skin so soft- I expected the lemon juice to dry me out, but I didn't even need moisturizer. Afterwards, my pores looked smaller, the redness of my acne was weirdly diminished, and my body felt insanely smooth. And the price is unbeatable, especially for someone who has coffee and lemons in their house no matter what. Definitely recommend- I can't believe more people don't know about this.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No