October 1, 2014 | 1949 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Cream Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I found this product 50% off at BBB, and I'm really pleased overall. The consistency is nice and creamy but not overly foamy, so I'm not chocking on bubbles. It's tingly and refreshing and takes all of my make up off. It smells really darn good. If I have any white head kind of pimples on my face I notice they tend to dry up after using this. I only took one lippy away because it brags about this "micro clear" technology or whatever, and I haven't noticed a decrease in my acne since I started using it. I mean, I don't break out much anymore, but this isn't a miracle potion that changed my life and freed me of acne forever. It's just a really darn good soap.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Deserts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Disappointed but is still an ok product. Didn't help my acne whatsoever.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by gcamille994

I've used this cream cleanser ever since switching from the scrub version. The cream is a lot more gentle on my skin considering I'm using it every day, 2x a day. It smells great and my skin feels super clean when I wash it off! Afterwards, my face is a bit dry but I just use my daily moisturizer and my face feels great.

This really prevents my face from breaking out in red spots and pimples, and it minimizes the appearance of blackheads on my face. Awesome product, but I try to buy it in bulk or while on sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by annie2gib

I was given this face wash as a gift, and used it a few times. It did make my skin a little dry, but most importantly it made my skin very dull and my make up did not wear as well as usual. I will not be purchasing this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this did nothing for my acne. My face didn't feel clean at all after I used it. But the one thing I loved about this product is it smells so good!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Vina007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this cleanser in hopes that it would help my skin as it had salicylic acid in it. Big mistake!! After the second day of use my skin broke out into a rash!! I would not recommend this product to anyone!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to give this try since it has salicylic and glycolic acid and I thought that would be great for achieving some mild exfoliation when cleansing my skin. But I absolutely dislike the texture and the smell of this cleanser. It feels runny when you are using it and I think this can't do much for cleansing the skin since it doesn't lather at all.

Smell is extremely strong and I think the high amount of fragrance can sting your skin, so beware if you have sensitive skin. Also, this has alcohol so it could be drying your skin without you noticing it. Overall, Neutrogena cleansers are way too harsh, even if they are labeled for sensitive or acne-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by PokeyPuppy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive dry skin, but lately I have been having severe acne problems after quitting birth control.

This has not dried out or irritated my skin at all, although I am very careful to make sure I moisturize very well after using this product. I have noticed that it is causing my acne to heal faster, though I don't believe it is preventing acne from forming in the first place. I wouldn't expect a face wash to completely solve the acne issue because it is largely a hormonal problem. I'm not a huge fan of the smell and it is a little unusual feeling on the face because it doesn't foam up at all, but dry skin should not have foaming cleansers put on it anyway. Most other traditional acne washes have just irritated my skin more and caused more acne because of how harsh they normally are.

Overall I love this cleanser for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 More reviews by Rawrxpurpledino

I absolutely love this cleanser. I am on my 3rd tube right now. I have normal-moderately dry skin in the summer, and pretty dry skin in the winter depending on how cold it gets. I tried the foam version of this cleanser first and HATED it. It made me incredibly dry and my skin felt so tight. So, when my mom brought this home for me I put it away and didn't try it at first. Then one day after running out of cleanser I tried it and loved it. My skin always feels clean after using this, but not dry or tight. People with dry skin should always use a cream cleanser, by the way. Also, I have read some of the others reviews and I must say that if you have oily/acne prone skin you 1) shouldn't expect miracles from a cleanser 2) shouldn't use a cream cleanser.
The only issue I have with this is the menthol, just because I know its not beneficial and I'm not sure what the point of it is. Other than that this is the best cleanser I have used on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by TheLolitaHaze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After trying the foaming face wash version of this in the pump bottle and realizing how drying it was, I decided to try this one. I'd never used a cream cleanser before and thought it would be a cream that would foam up when you use it when it actually is like a gelly lotion that you smear on your face and rinse off.

I hoped that it being a cream would make it not as drying and I enjoyed the tingly feeling of using it, however it did irritate my skin a little. It helps with acne a little when you use it as a spot cleaner I guess. It's definitely better than their other grapefruit cleanse for sure.