September 2, 2014 | 1621 users online

Fragrances - Diptyque - Ofresia

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Olivia Giacobetti in her most washed out mood.
I bought this to replace the Yardley Freesia that is now d/c and guess what, it smells nothing like freesia. No pepper either to speak of. Really sweet, first-class french soap or the sillage from an exclusive flower shop when you are half way out the door. Pleasant but no staying power to speak of and a bit meh to be honest. Glad I got this half price in the sale.
I would definetly not re-purchase. The search for the perfect freesia goes on.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by SniffingAround

I'm not exactly sure what real freesia smells like, so can't say if this is a good representation or not. It spritzes on as a fresh light summery floral, but as it dries down I find it a bit indolic (if I'm using that word correctly--I mean rotty-smelling!!). It's kind of appealing and repellent in roughly equal measures. I keep going back to sniff it on my hand and change my mind each time I do. Not one I'd buy again though--got it on sale for 70% off and bought it unsniffed. Not a complete waste of money, but as I said, not one I'd get again, and very glad I didn't pay full price.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by TheEmpress

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not a floral lover. With that said, I am a lover of Freesia and Pepper notes. Based on the reviews here, I almost purchased this one without sniffing. I am so glad I finally managed to get my hands on a sample first. I don't get freesia or pepper at all. I do get a strong french floral. Something on the order of Agent Provacuteur but with no lasting power. Not worth the high end price tag that comes with this fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 7:32:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This would make a good room spray but I am not so sure I like it as a fragrance. It is a simple floral scent with strong peppery notes. Rather linear with no sophistication and poor staying power-all characteristics of Diptyque fragrances. It is still pretty and easy to wear but rather unremarkable. I will finish my sample but would not purchase a full bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

I don't get how this is freesia? I must admit I've never grown freesia, but have smelled it briefly, potted, here or there. This smells like a tea frag to me. A fairly? sweet one, lightly spicey. I get NO fresh floral at all! Weird. Reminds me of Christian Celle Calypso Tea, weird I know.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2008 6:19:00 AM More reviews by blackberry_belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love how Diptyque fragrances are very true to what they are portraying. But alas, this is one of the few which has missed the mark. I adore the scent of fresh freesias, and despite being the dominant note of this fragrance, I didn’t even get half a whiff of freesia. The smell itself I didn’t love, but I didn’t hate. To be truthful, on my skin it was a dead set knock off (albeit, slightly sharper) of Serge Lutens’ 1995 Fleurs D'Oranger, which I count as a favourite. I gave it time to evolve – all day – hoping that some minute element of freesia would emerge, but the dry down failed to give me a hint of freesia. I must say, despite what a lot of other reviewers experienced, the fragrance had excellent staying power on me, and also remained constant throughout wear (which is a big bonus). I love the packaging, as I do all Diptyque products, but from what I got when I smelled this both from the bottle and after spritzing on my skin, this would be far more aptly named after the orange flower blossom, than the freesia.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2007 3:22:00 AM More reviews by themeglet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excepting my experiences with the flower, I never once thought of myself as a "freesia" gal. In fact, I never knew anyone besides BBW did a freesia scent... I just took it for a cheapie note that could be done however one would do it. Boy, howdy, was I mistaken.

I received a sweet little decant from my dear sister in scent (Dear K, my nose now trusts your every decision! :) What can I say; I've been instructed in the way that a freesia should "behave." I don't know why this flower likes my nose so much, but it does...and I wouldn't mind having more of it for my nose to appreciate. Thumbs up, all the way.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2007 8:09:00 AM More reviews by JayneNoorMohamed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the scent of real freesias - they're my favourite flower - so I really wanted to love this. However, at a generous first application of my sample I could small very little - in the end I applied about 2/3rds. It's pleasant enough but it isn't one of my favourite freesia scents, with hints of colgate toothpaste. As it dries down, I'm getting more of the pepper that people talk about. This isn't one that I would buy, but I wouldn't turn it down as a present.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2007 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Dimalynn

Excellent woodsy fresia, I generally dislike florals, the pepper in this one makes it the happy exception. Great daytime scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2007 3:15:00 PM More reviews by alu8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not my favorite from Diptyque. Too peppery and too strong for me. I may prefer this in candle form.