Maybelline high shine in coral lustre

4.4

on 4/8/2013 11:38:00 PM

Absolutely love the peachy coral color of this. So sad it has been discontinued : ( Its gorgeous and has a wonderful shine to it as well.

on 9/28/2012 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This was a total impulse buy for me. I love coral shades, and they look great on other people, but often they look to orange and unflattering on me. I had never tried the High Shine line of the Maybelline Color Sensation lipsticks, but I have to say, the smell and feel of the product right off the bat was lovely. The lipstick glided on so smoothly and felt almost nourishing. The color is absolutely one of the most flattering I have ever tried in ANY color, and my lips had a nice shimmer/shine to them without looking overdone. I smoke and bite my lips, so no lipstick can "last" with me, but it felt so amazing, I had no qualms about reapplying anytime I needed to. If you are thinking of trying it, RUN, don't walk, and buy this lipstick!

on 6/30/2012 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I would describe this color as coral but leaning towards the orange side and less pink to it. At least on my lips. It's a wearable color that doesn't scream bright orange.Sheer glossy color with some shimmer. Great for a natural glowy summer lip. I would repurchase.

on 5/4/2012 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

SHADE DESCRIPTION: coral

PROS

- flattering shade
- pigmented

CONS

- not moisturizing

COMMENTS

Pretty shade. It's a nice true coral with both peach and pink undertones that keep it from looking too orange or red. It looks even better when mixed with a light pink lipstick. The texture is creamy and feels very lightweight. I also love the fruity scent, very summer!

Will repurchase.

on 3/14/2012 5:52:00 PM

I bought this because I had seen how bright lipsticks are so trendy right now, and it was on sale. This is a nice, warm orange with silver sparkles in it. For a high shine lipstick, it is really shiny. The wear is good for an hour and then, it forms a ring around my lips and settles into lines and hangs on to dead skin... Do not wear this if you want a long staying power! But then, I just swiped 2-3 coats of this on, no primer or exfoliating before hand, and no blotting-with-a-tissueism, or powdering-with-a-tissue-on-top-of-your-lipsism. So I guess it could stay longer if you did that. Overall it is nice, love the texture (water like, not heavy creamy), an OK pigmentation, and cheap. I would buy again.

on 1/21/2012 9:35:00 PM

I bought this lippie cause I'm a big fan of coral. This is a tad sheer color lipstick with silver shimmer. Its not bad, but I don't think its worth the money. Also I found the packaging a bit tacky. It just was not the ideal coral lippie I was looking for!

on 10/29/2011 6:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this lipstick! I am a slightly neutral NW10-15, so I usually go for blue toned makeup, but this looks fabulous on my fair skin! I wear this with a liner of the same color, "Poppy" by Prestige. I also wear it as a blush. It is the PERFECT color to brighten up my blue eyes. Oranges are not for me, but this bright clear coral is gorgeous.

Honestly, I don't buy too much drugstore brand lipstick, but this stuff was on a whim.

Lately I've been trying to experiment with color. I'm a pretty fair (sometimes tan) Asian. NC 35 most of the year, but lately I've been avoiding the sun so I'm much lighter...

I usually wear nude or muted pink lipsticks. I like that look...but I was craving color. On my quest to find a brighter lip color, I came across this one at CVS. I tested it on my hand it looked pretty. There's a subtle shimmer, but I don't mind. It's not pouring glitter or anything, so it's doable.

It's probably the lipstick that my mom says looks absolutely amazing on me. She likes it even more than my paler/nude shades. And I absolutely LOVE it too. I really hope Maybelline does not discontinue this because it's just such an amazingly gorgeous reddish/coral color. The staying power isn't too strong. I do find myself reapplying every couple of hours...however, it's MUCH MORE moisturizing than my MAC lipsticks. I don't know why, but my MAC lipsticks give me peeled lips midday, and this stuff has not given me this sort of problem which is a LOVE.

BTW, this is the first time I tried on a darker/brighter lip color and I have been wearing it everyday. GET IT!

on 9/12/2011 4:39:00 PM

I was on the lookout for a sheer, subtle, but buildably bright orange-pink coral lipstick to wear for my headshots, and, while this is very pretty, it is also Not The One. ) : This wears more pink on me, and it is full of sparkles! Blech! Not subtle or headshot-y at all. Oh well, the search continues

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been a big fan of Maybelline's Colorsensational lipsticks since they came out. The range is truly fabulous. Of course I was super-excited when I saw the High Shine versions. I really adore the packaging. The product inside, however, is worth five lippies and more. Coral Lustre is a semi-sheer bright coral touched with flecks of gold. It's been one of my go-to lipsticks this summer. Since it has a glossy finish it doesn't wear as long as most creamy lipsticks, but it doesn't fade as quickly as gloss either. it has a light fruity scent that I also really like.

Popular Lipsticks