July 31, 2014 | 1957 users online

Mascara - New York Color - High Definition Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The product does create volume on lashes but the brush gunks up with feathery pieces and that affects application. It's an affordable alternative but won't repurchase. I think Emily Noel recommended this on her video review otherwise I wouldn't have tried this at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara is decent but not perfect

Pros:
Formula has a good consistency. Not too dry, not too wet
Brush is good for eliminating clumps
Good volume
Inexpensive

Cons:
Only comes in black
Makes lashes brittle
Wears off during the day
Doesn't give enough length. I know it's a volumizing mascara, but I expect at least some length from my mascaras, and this doesn't really do it.

There are better products out there for volumizing, and I prefer Jordana's Best Lash Extreme for a black mascara with volume. If you like a rubber brush rather than a traditional spoolie, this might be good for you. It seems similar to Benefit's They're Real in terms of the look it gives and wand style, but I am not a fan of that mascara for myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Lelik99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this mascara! It really gives volume to my eye lashes and makes it longer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by emilyjonesx

One of my fav's!, brought it from superdrug, cost me around 4 pound! would deffiently recommend this to everyone! lengthens lashes also giving lots of volume. love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by LenneSammy

i love this brush, the end result, and the fact that it is super cheap! the brush goes through my thin lashes well, and builds up length and volume! my only con is that it flakes. the most annoying thing for me about mascara is coming home and finding black flakes on your cheeks and undereyes. but this is a pretty great mascara, i would repurchase but i love to try new mascaras out, so i wouldnt repurchase it for that reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by crystaldots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this for the first time today, and I really like the way it looks on my lashes! I have medium/long lashes, but you can't see them very well on their own. This gives me the look I want, which is very nicely defined, seperated lashes. I like my lashes to look full without looking like I have too much on. I was really impressed with this. Personally, this reminds me a little of the One by One mascara from Maybelline, which is one of my all time favorites.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by MariLovesMakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sorry ladies. I give everything a fair chance regardless of price. I mean why pay $20 for a mascara if you can spend $5 for the same results. This mascara was awful. My thin sparse lashes looked like "sticks" that is what my husband actually said. I looked like I had about 6 lashes per eye. Tried 3 times, no luck. Loving Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Volumizing. That's a great mascara. But always looking for something less expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by emmylovesbeauty

I love this mascara! It makes my naturally long lashes a little longer and definetly more full. It also looks like I have a lot more lashes. My only problem is that it can get a little clumpy sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This does what expensive mascaras "claim" to do (ie Benefit's They're Real) . It holds curl very well. My lashes don't droop down by the end of the day when I wash this off. It doesn't smudge and is so easy to apply. The mascara wand makes it easy to really grip the lashes from root to tip. It's not a super dry or watery mascara. If I apply 2-3 coats I get noticeably thicker lashes. It's a dirt cheap mascara as well. Who knew a mascara under $5 would work so well?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by ddirossi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the lengthening version of this mascara in the yellow tube. I have short, sparse, blonde lashes. This mascara makes the most of them! The extreme black is very black. The plastic applicator is small enough to get to the base of my puny lashes without getting all over my lid. Also, it holds a curl like no other mascara- and I have tried them all. When you first use it, wipe the excess off the brush. at this price, you won't mind and the mascara will apply like icing. No clumps, no smudges. I like that it takes a few seconds to dry as I always "hold my lashes up" a bit to help keep the curl. HG mascara