Proclaim - Argan Oil Intense Hydrating Masque

WATER ,CETYL ALCOHOL ,CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OI ,CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE ,LINUM USITATISSIMUM (LINSEED) SEED OIL ,GLYCERIN ,DIMETHICONE ,BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE ,ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL ,METHYL CHLORIDE ,ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL ,FRAGRANCE ,PHENOXYETHANOL ,CAPRYLYL GLYCOL ,ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN ,HEXYLENE GLYCOL ,CARAMEL ,YELLOW 5

on 1/13/2015 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

i don't understand how everyone isn't absolutely obsessed with this masque? i mean, it doesn't look particularly exciting, but it's truly outstanding. my normally wavy, loose-curly hair has lost almost all of its definition after being bleached and toned so many times, and this is the only thing that gives it any kind of definition. it's also incredibly moisturizing. a 16 oz. tub retails at sally's for about $8, which is absurdly cheap, so i don't think anyone would have much to lose by at least trying it. highly recommended.

on 12/31/2014 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This works OK as a conditioning mask but ugh, it really stinks. Has an awful (to me) smell that reminds me of the Body Shop's "Shea" line but this one is even stronger, and it lingers in your hair. Sniff before you buy!

on 12/2/2014 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So my hair is not very porous and especially because i'm south asian, my hair is SUPER thick and dry at the ends. I've been using this for a couple of weeks and unfortunately its as good as a regular conditioner. I've been applying it to wet hair and letting it sit in a braid for an hour and hair drying it in the last 10 minutes of the hour to make sure it really gets in there. I really wanted this to work because my hair is dry especially because i've coloured a couple of months ago, but it doesn't do much for me.

on 12/22/2013 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product. I have been using it for the past year, and it has made a drastic improvement to the overall health of my hair. My hair stylist has noticed the change as well. I am pretty lazy when it comes to my hair, and I usually use inexpensive (sometimes damaging) shampoo/conditioners. But I will continue to purchase this product.

on 5/5/2013 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i heard this is from the same company is Moroccan Oil or Macademia Oil.

This is a great conditioner..really made my hair soft and sexy...

However I dont like the ingredients too much, lots of chemicals..So I use this as a treat or when i do my Vitamin C Dye removing treatments..Or if my hair feels really dry or needs a pick me up.

my Tip: Add some coconut or olive oil
For an actual deep conditioning treatment..wash your hair and just come out of the shower..towel dry a bit..and apply this conditioner. Put a shower cap and use a blow dryer over it for the perfect Deep COnditioning..this is great for REALLLLYYY Dry Damaged hair

on 1/19/2013 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is incredibly moisturizing, but I have to watch out how much I apply or my hair gets weighed down. It has a thick texture too so those with finer strands might want to start off using a little bit, then adjusting the amounts to suit your needs. I use a nickel sized amount and my hair comes out soft and shiny. All frizz is decreased and I don't feel any residue. This can be a bit oily feeling, but my hair loves it. I see this being better suited for those who have very dry or frizzy hair. It has a nice scent that lingers temporarily after my hair dries. I found this at Sally's. I would recommend getting a packet first of this before buying the bigger size. Overall, I would buy this again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this product browsing Sally's one day, partially because it's supposed to be a Moroccan oil dupe (I think?) and partially because I've been trying to find an HG drugstore deep conditioner to replace my Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment (I can only get it online, and a homegirl is too lacking in the $$$ department to be paying all that shipping). I used it after washing and combing out my hair and applied it generously in sections before twisting those sections, putting my hair in a shower cap, and promptly falling asleep for three hours.

When I first put on the deep conditioner I was really wary because it didn't seem to make my hair feel softer or help melt away tangles like I'm used to my other products doing, so I told myself I might just have to leave it on longer and accept its lack of "slip". Well, I'm glad I did! When I rinsed the product out my hair (all of it) my strands felt significantly softer, my cuticle felt smoother, and this is literally the ONLY product ever where I've been able to let my hair air dry without any use of leave-ins or oils. I am very happy about that. Unfortunately, I'm taking off a lippie because the smell isn't all that pleasant (although it does fade relatively quickly when you rinse your hair out) and its lack of detangling properties. I also won't be repurchasing just because I am so used to my deep treatments being able to detangle. Regardless, I have no issues with how it makes my hair feel, and don't mind using it up until the jar's done with.

Also, in case anyone reading this is as boojie about product ingredients as I am, there's a silicone in this, but the benefits of this deep conditioner even outweigh that "con" for me, so I would seriously suggest trying this if you have thick, curly hair, or hair that is thirsting for some extra moisture.

on 10/28/2012 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I bought a few sample size/few use packets at Sally's and a few full sized of a lot of products and I'm going to use them all at least twice before making a final decision.

The products were: Proclaim Argan Oil Intense Hydrating Masque, Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment, Ion Effective Care Treatment, One 'n Only Brazilian Tech Keratin Deep Penetrating Conditioning Treatment, Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment, Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Treatment, Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment, Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise

This treatment is silky and light in texture like the Ion, Creme of Nature, Silk Elements (treatment) and the One 'n' Only. I like it, not the most amazing thing out of the bunch but could work. I just left it in for a few minutes in the shower, smell is nice. Really not bad, but because I have so many others, there are some above this one. This is up there though. It was also rainy the day after I did it, which makes me frizztastic.
I liked it better the second time I used it.

on 6/18/2012 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Overall I like this product. I think it does an alright job at moisturizing my coarse, thick, wavy hair. I would buy this again, if it were on sale. The smell is ok, nothing spectacular. I'm still searching for a better moisturizing conditioner.

on 6/16/2012 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

For my 4a/b/c porous, fine (but leans a bit thick in density), dry hair, this is such an average conditioner for me. I used it during the winter time and I didn't see any noticeable changes in my hair. It didn't help with detangling and my hair didn't seem more moist. Then I traveled overseas with it and I finally saw that it helped with my sun exposed hair. I left it behind for my cousins who might appreciate it more than I did. I will not repurchase for myself but will for my cousins.