September 30, 2014 | 1776 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Spell Bound (#644)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by KarlaKayM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wore Spellbound for the first time today! I bought it last Fall and put it away and hadn't even tested it. 'shame on me" this color is so *lovely* It literally made me happy the second I put it on my lips because it really brightened up my look today! I am an NW15, super fair, and very cool skin-toned, and this shade looks perfect! It's reddish/coral/pink with a tinge of warm undertone. This color is very hard to decribe and I do not have anything like it in my collection. NYX round lipsticks are super creamy (which I happen to love) and very inexpensive so you can grab a ton of them and have a great collection for a fraction of what one MAC lipstick costs. You may have to re-apply much more often but this color is NOT hard to wear like some bright colors. GET THIS!!!!! Adore!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 More reviews by timothybcat

I have never heard anyone even mention this shade by NYX--it's all "Lala" this and "Power" that. But as some slob opened all the NYX lippies at Ulta (surprise!), I was able to fall in love with this insanely drop-dead gorgeous & unique shade. (I wish I had had come by it without someone vandalizing someone else's property, but there you go.) I don't even know how to write a review about this color without speaking babytalk, it's so beautiful. I can't even describe it adequately: it's almost red, but pinker; it's kind of watermelon pink, but darker. It's the same formula as all the NYX round lipsticks: creamy, pigmented, average length of wear depending on the shade, neither particularly moisturizing nor drying. I don't own MAC Impassioned, but I'm familiar enough with every MAC swatch on the internet to recognize that this might be a near-perfect dupe. It's not so dark or bright that fair-skinned ladies need to be scared of it, but I think it would be incredibly lovely with dark complexions. I looked through my entire stash--at every pink, magenta, coral, and rose shade--for something even remotely like this, but to no avail. Find one and behold its beauty. Just don't destroy Ulta's NYX display doing it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I wasn't in love with this at first since my skin has pink tones to it and it's a bit warm. The color is a little too orange for me as a clear winter, but it's still pretty and pigmented on it's own. I won't buy this color again, but I will be buying more of the round lipsticks in the future... many more! The price is quite right.

These lipsticks are creamy and moisturizing, so I have no problems choosing them over any other lipsticks. The smell/taste is pleasant, too. I do find I need to use lip liners with the strong colors but they aren't required for the shades closer to natural lip colors. The packaging is good but not perfect. The plastic would need to be a bit thicker and more sturdy for a perfect 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by cmars29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this color, absolutely gorgeous! I just recently got into pink, I always wore reds and berries but then I started seeing all these beautiful pink lips every where and I wanted in. I marched down to Mac and bought two pinks that look nice on me, while I love them I still was not satisfied, I felt there was a better one waiting for me. While at Ulta picking up my free gift I came across Spell Bound and I must say it lives up to it's name. I put it on and it instantly brightened up my face! I didn't have a lick of makeup and this gave me that little pop of fresh color. I do have pretty pigmented lips which I think helps tone down the brightness of the color, on me its a nice warm pink, it is a little matte; I tried it with a bit of gloss in the center of my lips and that was all I needed. I think this is a good color for warm and cool skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by kimmyO

I am in love with this color! The color is close to a "hot red", but not such a red color, more on the orangy coraly hot pinky side. It's finish is virtually matte, though in the little color "sample" on the bottom of the tube there is a bit of shimmer, but on your lips it is unnoticable. The color is not so out there, a very "natural" but bright lippie. The only problem, and one I find with lots of the Nyx round lip sticks, is that they are TOO creamy. I have to use a lip liner and blot the excess lip color with a tissue after application, otherwise it feels too slippery and comes off very soon. I find that the tissue trick helps make it last longer and leaves more of a "stain" on my lips, with is very nice looking. This lippie can go either bright, BAM in your face, or can be toned down with a tissue to look a bit more natural. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am absolutely loving this particular shade of lipstick at the moment as it's become a part of my top 10 favourite summer go to lipsticks. The colour is gorgeous, bright medium matte rosy pink with a glossy finish. It's opaque, creamy, and moisturizing. Instantly brightens up my fair complexion and pairs beautifully with neutral eyes and pink cheeks. Stunning colour and I will be repurchasing it.