Garnier Sleek & Shine Blow Dry Straightening Balm w/Argan Oil

Aqua/Water, Amodimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Trideceth-5, Polyquaternium-37, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Steareth-20, Glycerin, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Trideceth-10, PPG-1, Trideceth-6, Xylose, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil/Rice Bran Oil, Limonene, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Linalool, Sodium Nitrate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Silica, Benzyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Citral, Sodium Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I own so many hair products and so few actually work for me. This is one of the few! I used this for awhile and then forgot about it, but recently I picked it back up and was reminded of how amazing it is. I have thick hair that is frizzy and wavy when it dries naturally. I used to straighten it everyday, and it took forever because I have so much hair. When I use this balm & blow dry my hair using a brush [any brush works, but a round brush is best] it makes my hair soft, shiny, and straight enough that I only need to straighten the ends. If you're a nighttime showerer, this stuff is extra awesome because you can shower, dry your hair, go to bed, & wake up to easy to handle hair that needs minimal attention in the morning. It also seems to make my hair less dirty. I wash my hair every other day, sometimes every two days, and for some reason this makes my hair stay fresh & clean longer, which I LOVE.

on 3/23/2014 2:27:00 PM

I was hesitant on buying this product because my hair is very difficult to manage. I have been using it for a couple of weeks for my blow drying. I have dull, thin, and frizzy hair. It works like a charm. Really good price and smells great. Part of my holy grail products. This product will last for a long time. Awesome!!!!!

on 3/13/2014 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is great! I didn't expect much as I had been only using it for my bangs, but did all of my hair today. My hair is very thick and wavy/curly. I added a dollop to my damp hair and just blew it out with a large brush. I didn't even need my straightening iron and I got really nice, sleek hair. It's lasted perfectly all day and looks well-conditioned, too. Amazing. I will repurchase in a heartbeat.

on 2/22/2014 9:18:00 PM

Love it! I have fine hair that tends to fly away and make my bob hairstyle look crazy. This keeps it in place without weighing it down.

on 1/22/2014 5:31:00 PM

Just like the straightening mist spray, I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!

My hair is stick straight, fine, blond, shoulder length with layers. Normally my hair routine consists of washing, towel drying, brush out, heat protectant, blow-dry until almost completely dry. Most, if not all, of my hairstyles can be summed up with the word straight.

With this product I will wash my hair, towel dry, and brush out (as normal) but will then put in this straightening balm before blow-drying my hair. This will make your hair feel amazingly soft and smell fantastic.

I will definitely be buying this product again when I run out.

on 11/24/2013 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

With this product, I am pretty close to the ideal regime for my hair. For reference, I have lots of fine, long hair that frizzes easily. Before I discovered the Garnier Sleek and Shine Argan Oil, I was using just this on dampish hair just prior to blow drying. It works just fine for that but did not eliminate the frizz 100%. Honestly, If I am able to reduce it by at least half, I am happy. I do still flat iron my hair after but on a low setting and only one pass for each section of hair.

When I heard about the Argan Oil, I decided to give it a try. It works great for me. A little better that just this Balm by itself. But now that it is winter in Chicago (or at least weather-wise), I needed more. I am now using both products together and I am very happy with the results. I start off with a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and apply the Argan Oil to gently wrung, right out of the shower but COMBED hair. I put my hair up (gently) in a towel for a few minutes, THEN apply this balm and let it "set" while I apply my makeup. Five to ten minutes later, I blow dry. If I have extra time (usually not during the week), I will use a round brush and vent on my dryer to replicate a "blow out." I am finding using both products together is doing great things for my hair. It is not taking as long to dry and is MUCH smoother than without.

I like the scent of this Balm and the texture is perfect. I liken it to a moisturizer for my hair. I like that is comes in a tube and for the price, you get a lot. By itself, this Balm is pretty great; with the Argan Oil from this same line, I am close to perfection. I will definitely continue to purchase in the future.

on 5/26/2013 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this blow drying cream! I started using this so I could achieve a Brazilian blowout look at home and I found this at the drugstore. I didn't want to spend a lot on a department store product that might be too heavy for my fine hair so I figured even if this didn't work, I wasn't out much money. This really works well for me and it makes my hair feel so soft and smooth and it feels silky. It smells more like hand lotion and wax rather than the wonderful fruity fragrance the shampoos and conditioners have. That is disappointing but not a deal breaker, It feels slick and slippery and silky going on and isn't weighing or heavy on my hair at all. This says "3 day frizz resistance" and I was hoping for 3 days of sleek smooth as glass Brazilian blowout hair, but it doesn't quite do all that. I can get one great day though and sometimes two and that is more than most products have ever given me. Most hair products are too heavy for my fine hair so it is refreshing to find something that not only works for me but is available at a budget price and in the supermarket or drugstore so no special trips to the beauty supply needed. No, it's not Joico or Kenra, but it does work and it is wallet friendly.

on 2/27/2013 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

THis stuff is awesome for kinky curly hair! Excellent hair protector, smells great, and leaves hair super soft and shiny. HIGHLY recommend.

on 2/23/2013 11:10:00 AM

I've got fine, straight hair that gets frizzy (air-drying make it look awful). Bought this not so much for the straightening element but to cut the frizz. After 3-4 uses, it barely works for the frizz but makes my hair dull and too soft.

on 11/22/2012 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I tried this as a pre blow dry lotion and am loving it! I have thinning hair and this adds volume and shine while blowdrying. It seems to help the style of your hair hold better and give a neater look to the shape of the hair. Really love this and a little goes a long way. It does speed up blow dry time as well.