April 16, 2014 | 923 users online

Shampoo - Johnson & Johnson - Penaten Baby Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I ran out of my Asian shampoos and was waiting for my parcel to come, I needed something to keep my hair clean and since I wasn't feeling like buying a pricy Kérastase Bain Satin 1 just to use it for a week or two and then put it back in a drawer and never (or for a long time) use it again, I went to a drugstore and decided to go for a baby shampoo as they're known for their mild formula.
I have long, wavy hair, quite voluminous, and not so easy to tame. I don't have thick hair but I have many of it, so that's where the volume comes from. It's neither dyed nor chemicaly treatend, so you can't really say that my hair is such a high-maintenance.
So I went for the nice blue 250ml bottle of Penaten Baby Shampoo, which cost me 5.90 Swiss Francs (about 6$).
The fragrance is lovely (I'm a big fan of those baby-fragrances in general), the shampoo itself is yellow and at first I was very satisfied with the result I got from this shampoo (which is silicone-free by the way).
Bouncy, lovely smelling hair and such a high gloss.
Unfortunately the high gloss was only temporary and within two weeks I noticed that my hair felt kind of dehydrated, as if the top layer was stripped, it looked dull (no more high gloss), frizzy and was allover a pain to manage, as I had so many knots and the combing was such a pain. Also, my scalp got very dry and itchy.
If I wasn't using silicone-free shampoos before, I'd assume that this horrid condition of my hair is due to the silicone-coat, which was stripped now but I was using Alverde silicone-free shampoos for a couple of months before and it was all just fine.
I have to say that Penaten disappointed me a lot in this matter. Not only because it preformed the way it did on my hair but more because this is supposed to be used on fine and sensitie babyhair. I wont repurchase this and I still have the bottle somewhere in a drawer in the bathroom and I dont recommend buying this. Neither for yourself nor for your baby. The body- and face creams are just fine but this shampoo is crappy in my opinion.