December 19, 2014 | 1809 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Pink Sparkle Pop EDT by Kylie Minogue

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

On first application the fragrance is slightly sweet thanks to the peach, but the tart apple note livens it up and keeps the sweetness to a minimum. The pepper slightly spices up the fruit notes and gives the perfume a sharp bite. I could immediately tell that I would prefer this over the quiet original Pink Sparkle as it is already louder and has nice contrasts to it.

A touch of the apple lingers and carries down into the heart, whilst the sweet peach and spicy pepper notes sadly fade away in less then ten minutes [usually within just five minutes]. After the surprisingly lively top notes I have to say that I'm not overjoyed by the floral notes; they are clean and airy, but they never seem to develop fully. In fact the only floral note I can place with any certainty is the gardenia, which I don't usually like, but is actually quite enjoyable here as it's lighter then it usually is when used in perfumes. Apart from the gardenia I think I can pick up on a hint of rose, but can't tell for sure - everything else is lost in a soft jumble. A shame as I love the scent of the tiare flower and I don't think that I have any perfumes which contain marigold, so that would have been great too.

The base is the biggest letdown for me; I've never used a perfume with ragweed in it before, but the sandalwood is so strong that it completely drowns out everything else, except for a breeze of musk. There is a slight vanilly sweetness in the base, but yeah, that probably IS vanilla. The whole musk/sandalwood/vanilla base in perfumes has been flogged to death and beyond, can we have something a little bit different please?

Scent notes: Pink pepper, green apple, white peach, gardenia, tiare flower, English marigold, Bulgarian rose, sandalwood, musk and ragweed.

As this is a Kylie/Coty collaboration it's no surprise that the staying power is poor, even for a mass market EDT. POP PINK SPARKLE wears as through it were a body spray - the scent notes are a bit too light, making the staying power poor for the price. After only three hours or so, I struggle to get more then a brief whiff of sandalwood.

While it is too unoriginal to re-buy, I do think that this would make a good gift choice; it's mild and unoffensive, so while the recipient may not end up loving it they won't find anything disagreeable about it. I also see POP PINK SPARKLE as being wearable for women of any age.