Neutrogena Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub

4.2

Purified Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Coconut Derived), Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine (Cocunut/Palm Kernel Derived), Xanthan Gum (Fermented Plant Matter), Salix Alba (Willow Bark) Extract (White Willow Bark), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Guar Bean Derived), Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil (Jojoba Oil), Glycol Distearate (Vegetable Derived), Sodium Benzoate (*), Fragrance (*)

on 4/8/2015 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

To be completely candid i use to wash my face with regular soap sometimes even dish soap :( ignoring the stinging and redness afterwards. Then i learned about cleansers and this was on sale for about $3 so i tried it and i love it!! its very gentle It cleans without stripping away everything and it smells soothing. I only use it to wash off my makeup otherwise i use plain water to wash my face but i have noticed a difference in my skin since i started using it so im a satisfied customer.

on 2/21/2015 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really like this cleanser, I usually use to wash my face when I wore foundation during the day, I feel it cleans a lot better than other cleansers, I always have this in my bathroom

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It's very gentle on my dry sensitive skin and smells lovely! It works well as an alternative to harsher drugstore exfoliaters that often make my skin even more dry and aren't as naturally made as this scrub.

on 1/7/2015 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't find this product to be amazing but I think it's a nice, gentle scrub. I haven't seen a huge improvement in my skin, but I think it keeps my skin healthy.

On the product:
"- 94% Naturally Derived
- Supports Clean Water
- This product was not tested on animals
- Renewable Energy
- Post Consumer Recycled Plastic."

The previous scrubs I've used I've had reactions to but this one I had no allergic reaction which I think is a good sign. A downside is that it has perfume in it (not natural perfume). I know this is a big issue for people with sensitive skin, however it didn't seem to hurt mine.

Neutrogena states it "gently scrubs away impurities and dull, dead skin cells that can build up in pores to improve complexion for fresh, clear skin. Suitable for even acne prone
skin. Gentle enough for daily use. Won’t clog pores." I didn't have any experience with it clogging my pores, from what I can tell. I have average sized pores, only usually visible thru make up, if at all.

I did find it to make my face feel a little tight, but other product do this too however this did stop. Just make sure you rinse your face afterwards.

on 1/2/2015 12:26:00 AM

I love the smell of this scrub the most! I'm not used to fragrances as I've been using Clinique's 7 day scrub. I must say I was pleasantly surprised to find this gem in my local drugstore. My skin is left feeling clean and soft.

on 12/17/2014 9:54:00 AM

I've only used this product twice so far, and I love it. I've had horrible acne since I got on birth control a few months ago, and this is the first product to provide any relief for it. Products with salicylic acid make my face itch, and products with benzoyl peroxide make my face appear sunburned. I thought i was doomed to an acne-ridden face until I started reading more about willow bark. It's a much more gentle product!

Trying to find the right product line was the next step. I tried the Burt's Bees exfoliant with willow bark in the past, and as soft as I applied it, that even felt like it was scratching my face open! This product, on the other hand, is gentle, but effective. It's not for every day use- it can be drying. I plan to pick up the face wash today and slowly transition to this line.

The other thing: even though it's only been a week and my skin still has a long way to go, today was the first day my acne was light enough to skip foundation. That was a great feeling!!

I love this scrub so much. I use it once a week, sometimes twice, in place of my normal cleanser, and I swear it makes my face so smooth! No dryness, nothing but beautiful glowing skin. What more could you ask for? The granules are very fine and not harsh at all, but still effective at removing dead skin. The smell of every product in the Naturals line is to die for. This will be the best scrub you ever buy, and your face will thank you!

on 8/22/2014 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This caught my eye while I was searching for Cetaphil at Walmart. I was really drawn to the way it was packaged It was kinda similar to The Murad's packaging. But also what really stuck out was it is labeled Neutrogena Naturals so I totally looked at the ingredients. I also purchased the cream cleanser to go with it. So far this product is pretty good it does it job, it has a slight tingling sensation after, This has mini scrub beads that aren't as harsh like the St. Ives Apricot scrub, smells pretty good, feels really refreshing, and really cleans out your face. If you really want get a clean feeling in your face you should pair it with the cream cleanser. Then follow up with a moisturizer after and their you go less money spent but it's just as good. I would definitely repurchase this!

on 8/10/2014 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love this product I'm on my second bottle initially I tried it at my sisters house and I came downstairs she said your face looks so good not knowing it was from her bottle. It has a nice smell, I'm on my second bottle. It lasts a long time. Great product overall. Would definitely buy again and again.

on 7/31/2014 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this thinking it was a scrub (ie, "exfoliator") but it turns out it's more suitable as a cleanser. The product is very watery with very minimal beads and thus only effective for cleansing. As an exfoliator, this product has done nothing for me.

UPDATE
Used this a couple more times and realised the concentration of beads wasn't balanced in the tube which resulted in very minimal amount of beads with first few use. With the recent use, I ended up with a much more concentrated amount which also reduced the watery-ness of the product. Definite improved performance although still not as effective as I would have liked it to be.