December 22, 2014 | 1070 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by FoodPants

I've only used this product twice so far, and I love it. I've had horrible acne since I got on birth control a few months ago, and this is the first product to provide any relief for it. Products with salicylic acid make my face itch, and products with benzoyl peroxide make my face appear sunburned. I thought i was doomed to an acne-ridden face until I started reading more about willow bark. It's a much more gentle product!

Trying to find the right product line was the next step. I tried the Burt's Bees exfoliant with willow bark in the past, and as soft as I applied it, that even felt like it was scratching my face open! This product, on the other hand, is gentle, but effective. It's not for every day use- it can be drying. I plan to pick up the face wash today and slowly transition to this line.

The other thing: even though it's only been a week and my skin still has a long way to go, today was the first day my acne was light enough to skip foundation. That was a great feeling!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

I love this scrub so much. I use it once a week, sometimes twice, in place of my normal cleanser, and I swear it makes my face so smooth! No dryness, nothing but beautiful glowing skin. What more could you ask for? The granules are very fine and not harsh at all, but still effective at removing dead skin. The smell of every product in the Naturals line is to die for. This will be the best scrub you ever buy, and your face will thank you!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by joannzuniga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This caught my eye while I was searching for Cetaphil at Walmart. I was really drawn to the way it was packaged It was kinda similar to The Murad's packaging. But also what really stuck out was it is labeled Neutrogena Naturals so I totally looked at the ingredients. I also purchased the cream cleanser to go with it. So far this product is pretty good it does it job, it has a slight tingling sensation after, This has mini scrub beads that aren't as harsh like the St. Ives Apricot scrub, smells pretty good, feels really refreshing, and really cleans out your face. If you really want get a clean feeling in your face you should pair it with the cream cleanser. Then follow up with a moisturizer after and their you go less money spent but it's just as good. I would definitely repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by cbarber018

Love this product I'm on my second bottle initially I tried it at my sisters house and I came downstairs she said your face looks so good not knowing it was from her bottle. It has a nice smell, I'm on my second bottle. It lasts a long time. Great product overall. Would definitely buy again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by AllyDean

I purchased this thinking it was a scrub (ie, "exfoliator") but it turns out it's more suitable as a cleanser. The product is very watery with very minimal beads and thus only effective for cleansing. As an exfoliator, this product has done nothing for me.

UPDATE
Used this a couple more times and realised the concentration of beads wasn't balanced in the tube which resulted in very minimal amount of beads with first few use. With the recent use, I ended up with a much more concentrated amount which also reduced the watery-ness of the product. Definite improved performance although still not as effective as I would have liked it to be.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this, so I hate to give a bland rating, but unfortunately, there are a few things I really don't like.

I picked this up from good reviews and I used it for a bit and I really loved how soft and smooth my skin looked, but I seriously question whether I can use salicylic acid. That's my own issue. It's weird, because when I use SA products, my skin breaks out but the area where I don't have break outs is nice and smooth and less red, and this specifically made my tone look really nice. I still got a few breakouts (and still do) but it wasn't horrific for me like most things are. But I really am almost convinced I can't use SA and after going back and forth with that theory a few bajillion times, I really think I have to cut it out. I called Neutrogena and asked how much was in this, and they didn't know, so it's possible that it worked somewhat because the level isn't high or super strong.

But while we're on ingredients, it really bugs me how they list it. While they show how natural the ingredients are, all things are derived from some natural source initially, but by not saying WHAT the chemical name is, it's extremely misleading and hard to find out if there is something in there that is problematic. I suppose if someone has say, a coconut allergy, they won't use it regardless of how it's listed or derived, but so many things are made from coconut product including many soap products so it really bothers me how underhanded that is. I feel they are trying to make it look more natural than it really is and for quality alone it's not like it's the best product.

I'll say the plus is that it smells nice, and it didn't tear my face up like some scrubs or even cleansers can. The beads were very minimal so it doesn't irritate. But estheticians have told me that scrubs should be dissolvable or they can irritate more than we realize. I used to harshly scrub and that has fallen wayyy out of my routine. One of my major long standing issues is bumps and I find scrubbing makes a whole massive ZERO difference. If not irritates it worse. And as I mentioned, SA is not for me, even though everyone swears it's the cure for it. I have had better luck with enzymes and other exfoliants.

I did end up returing this and then months later bought another one. I still didn't 'love' it, I was just desparate for something mildy not-horrific. But I couldn't use it too often and using it sparingly did nothing either so return #2 and I'm done with it. I'm sure someone with less sensitive skin could have luck with it, but generally I feel neutrogena is a pretty chemical-riden and over all not stellar company and I'm not loving the sneakyness of this advertizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by monica3210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this though I can't use it everday, even though it states you can. The reason for not using it everday is because any exfoliating face wash I've used gives me small skin colored bumps after a few weeks of continuous use. At first I thought my skin didn't like this but then I realized it is just that my skin can't handle so much exfoliating. So I only use this every now and then. I can use it for a few days without any reactions to it, I do this if I happen to be breaking out in small pimples and it'll get rid of them but of course I can only do this for a few days or I'll over exfoliate. I would definitely buy this again and it smells nice (like apples, though not natural apples).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this! I found that this product doesn't overly dry my skin out and I already have dry skin. Great for pimples, I now have clearer skin & it has been years since I have seen my skin looking smooth & less pimply. I'm recommending it to my friend who is also suffering acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by taylorxyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin and my dermatologist recommended that I start exfoliating my skin only ONCE a week, and recommended this product. I first tried it today and I am amazed. All that gross flaky skin has come off beautifully WITHOUT drying my skin out! It also didn't make my face turn red or itch or burn, but I didn't think it would, considering it is a gentle cleanser. I would recommend this as a weekly exfoliating cleanser to anyone with dry skin! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by howlethenight

THIS STUFF IS A MIRACLE. I have been using this for about two years now on and off of it because I am the queen of buying new products that I end up not liking. but I have always gone back to this product. I have VERY oily acne prone skin and I use this product day and night after I take off my make up. I wash it with a cheap facial brush I got from Sally's. this is ONLY product that clears me up fast and stays that way. I follow it with the neutrogena pore toner and in the morning, the wash with the toner and neutrogenas oil free moisturizer. definitely plan on using this for a while