July 29, 2014 | 1384 users online

Hair Treatments - Alba Botanica - Soft Hold Style Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Sharon51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this and never used it. I returned it. It smelled just like Elmer's glue to me and there was no way I would use something like that it my hair. This is just gross. I was hoping this would work for me as I am having difficulty in finding a soft hold style cream for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very thick, moisturizing style cream. Leaves my hair soft and moisturized, and I appreciate the extra oils and heaviness of this in both winter to protect my hair from drying out from dry heat indoors and freezing temps & in summer to weigh down the frizz/pouf. As with all styling products, using too much is going to make your hair yucky....only takes an inch ribbon max of this for my longish & thick hair. Also great to use after swimming. I don't think it smells like Elmer's either.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by detritus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this styling cream. My hair is wavy but very fine and tends to get weighed down by most styling products. This provides moisture and light hold without any heaviness or greasiness. I need to be careful not to squirt out too much from the tube though; a little goes a long way on my hair. It smells a little like Elmer's glue, but that fades once dry. I've used this for a few months now and it continues to work great. It's best when I apply it to my hair when it's pretty wet and then let it air dry without combing. This might be my HG hair product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by stuntpilot

i got this for free, so i ain't got any complaints about the price. it's usually 8-12 dollars, i believe. i put it in my damp hair (color treated, wavy) and it dries nicely and keeps my waves in all day. it's unscented, which i really appreciate, but too bad this means the product ends up smelling like elmers glue. it's really sticky too so it totally felt like putting glue in my hair the first couple of times i used it. i don't think i'd use it on dry hair, it might be too sticky. when this runs out, i think i'll try something different. it's good, but not HG status.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I was surprised by how well this hair cream worked for me. Lately I haven't had the time to style my hair, so I've been running out the door with my hair still wet from my morning shower. I have straight hair with dry ends and it looks really bad without any styling, so I wanted to find a hair cream that could give it some definition and add hydration to my ends. This hair cream is great because it makes my hair look super healthy. The texture feels like a luxuriant cream, but it is not sticky or heavy. I like that it adds a little bulk to my hair to make it look thicker. I also like to smooth this cream into my damp hair and put it up into a tight bun, and then let it down again about an hour later for soft and natural looking waves. The cream gives my hair a light hold that keeps the waves looking good for the rest of the day. This cream doesn't contain any parabens, artificial colors, silicones, or a fragrance. It smells exactly like an unscented lotion, but this fades quickly, which is good because I don't want the scent to clash with my perfume. I read a bunch of reviews online that say that this cream is perfect for curly hair, so those with curly hair who want hydration and soft definition should definitely give this a try.