November 27, 2014 | 958 users online

Fragrances - Bodycology - Vanilla Cupcake Body Mist

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I can smell tha cupcake batter type scent in this but it also smells very fake and plasticy to me.
If this was more true to scent I would like this as I like warm cozy sweet scents.
My 6year old likes it lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found two bottles of this on clearance at Ross for a buck apiece and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I'm a vanilla lover, and always seeking the true sweet, sugary, buttercream frosting vanilla that makes guys turn their heads and sniff the air and say..." ummmm...fresh baked cupcakes."
That's exactly what Bodycology's vanilla cupcake fragrance mist does for me. Absolutely delicious. It's a sugary sweet compound that will remind you of your homemade real butter cream frosting that you lick off the spatula, it will remind you of the scent of the vanilla extract that you pour into the 10x sugar and butter as you're getting ready to beat it into frosting. So beware, if you're not truly a fan of real vanilla, this is not for you.
Years ago, The Body Shop came out with a delectable pure vanilla oil that many begged them to bring back after they discontinued it. This is very close to that scent. There is no muskiness, no floral, no patchouli thrown in for good measure. It's pure baked goods delight.
And why would one want to smell like a cupcake? Cupcakes are a sensual, fun, decadent, frivolous, delicious, smile-inducing treat. The emotions you feel eating a cupcake transfer to the mind when someone gets a whiff of this scent. It brings pleasure to their olfactory senses, reminding them of something pleasant, something enjoyable, something they find pleasant. It's a down-to-earth scent that may remind them of something from their childhood, their hometown bakery, baking at home, cozy winter nights or who really knows? But we do know it brings a smile to a lot of people's faces and they like it.
Vanilla Cupcake really doesn't have a drydown. It smells just as you spray it the first time. It lasts for hours where you spray it in a concentrated area lightly and not overpowering anyone. You can mist your entire body and your hair and rest assured that you won't offend a soul.
A great summer fragrance or one that you just want to curl up in bed with and not worry about leaving scents behind. When I smell this, I'm reminded why I love Shalimar so much.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by artsypirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Simple enough scent to get right and yet this doesn't smell quite like a vanilla cupcake. The vanilla is there but the sweetness you'd expect from the baked goods name isn't. Something about the scent is just...off and I can't put my finger on what. My husband loves it but to my nose it smells like vanilla scented play dough. The only pro for me is that it lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by van1llacupcak3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
-Smells like legit vanilla cupcake
-The package that I bought came with the mist, lotion, and a sleep mask for only $5.00
-I LOVE it

Cons:
-i occasionally want to eat myself lol jk there is no cons

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this stuff at Fred Meyer for 6.99$. It's a large bottle and a super good steal. I decided to get this after I relieved the lotion as a gift, which is amazingly delicious and smells so bomb. Cupcakes are my all time favorite scent/flavor/thing everrrrrrrrrrrrr, so this is amazing for me. My boyfriend absolutely LOVES this smell. When I walked in from the store, I had sprayed my whole body with it and he asked what the amazing smell was. ^_^ Needless to say, this is his favorite scent, and I own a lot of high end sprays and perfumes. Yay! Win win.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by fashionrockmafia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I tried to test out this product, I smelled it off the bottle and it did not smell that good. It's sooooo overpowering that I crinkled my nose. I started to spray a little bit on my arm and it smells really good. Then I sprayed some more and it's not that good anymore. A few minutes later though, it starts to smell less over powering and well, back to being a good scent. I sprayed it all over myself and then my sister, who was almost a yard away form me says she could smell me. And that I smell like cake batter. :)) I like it since I like the smell of sweet cake anyway. Now my sister and I love it. So yeah, if you love sweet smells, definitely go for this. Then again, I must tell you that once you smell it the first time, it's not very pleasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by RuKa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, I'm the worst at describing scents. I don't know exactly what I smell, but it's not a cupcake. Not with my chemistry anyway.. although I guess it's subjective regardless. Whatever I smell, I love it! A hint of milk chocolate maybe? Vanilla is definitely in there, but a bit more complex than that. All I can say, if you like the foody, gourmand type vanillas.. like those of us who adore and would actually wear vanilla extract if we could lol (no this doesn't smell like vanilla extract.. but I haven't found anything as good since the old school body shop vanilla oil.. anyone remember that??) then this is for you. If you're looking for musky, floral.. ANYthing but yum, this isn't your body spray. If you don't want to smell like dessert, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a vanilla body spray that lasts forever.. does it even exist?? I know I sprayed this on yesterday and my skin still smells amazing.. but I'm sure anyone else would have to get pretty close. Not a biggie to spray more than once a day and body sprays aren't made to be strong and forever lasting. I for one adore this scent. I'm trying not to use it too often so I won't get sick of it, but it's addicting. As for the playdough scent.. I don't smell that at all. On first spraying it, there's a chemical (maybe playdough?) scent, but after it dries (quickly), it's nothing but numminess. I will definitely keep this in my rotation (well.. if my scents ever start rotating again after this one lol). Delicious :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by funkyfresh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the sample size at my local London Drugs because it was only a buck. I like vanilla scents, but I prefer floral/fruit. This smelled like vanilla cupcakes and play-doh. After I bought this I realized, "who wants to smell like a cupcake?" I guess it's not really the play-doh perfume's fault. Plus, it doesn't even have good holding power. I don't like the smell. Period. I LOVE The Body Shop's Neroli Jasmine perfume. I'll be going back to that!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am and have always been a huge fan of vanilla products. It's timeless fragrance, it's warm feel, it's dessert-like scent all make it a favorite. I don't really need to describe the scent, here's what people have said about it: "Does anybody else smell Play-Doh?" "It smells like someone just baked something..." "I smell cake!" "I'm really smelling Play-Doh right now." "Mmm, it smells like someone just ate a brownie or something!" (I stayed quiet and didn't say it was me out loud about this, because as soon as he said this, everyone else was chiming in saying they smelled a dessert too.) "I can smell vanilla cupcake. Is that what you had for lunch or something?" "Someone smells REALLY good!" All the comments were a little bit like that. I even had a friend ask me what exactly I was wearing because it smelled amazing. On the bottle, it says: The delicious scents of buttercream and sugary vanilla provide all the decadence of dessert - without the guilt. ... You can get the idea of how it smells sugary and dessert-like. Only a few times when I have sprayed too much and I was still smelling it strongly, even after an hour, I started to get a little sick of the smell, I believe it was after the brownie comment (I hate thinking of it like a brownie!) but it was only once. It may be too sweet for some people. A line in a much loved book I read would always make me crave vanilla perfume more, and I think it is worth mentioning. This is a rough sketch of it, and not the exact words, but it went something like this: "I took my place at the table on Isabelle's right side. She impatiently flicked her hair over her shoulder, and I immediately felt the scent of vanilla tickling my nose. I never favored the scent vanilla, it made me wonder who would ever want to smell like dessert all the time." I know the main character (female) views Isabelle's perfume as a scent she wouldn't care for, but for some reason I love this part of the book and makes me myself want to smell like dessert. A poll on what guy's favorite scents on girls are ranked vanilla number one on several occations. It reminds guys of food, and it is a scent they enjoy more. I get more compliments from guys wearing vanilla anything than any other scent. It really is a lovely vanilla scent and would repurchase. Love, love, love.
Edit 5/19/2012
It has gotten a little sickening over time, but still good. I'm sure I would repurchase still though.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by MrsDHSmith

The smell of this product was good but the actual scent didn't last long at all. It faded really fast. I do kinda smell a hint of alchohol or something in the scent which is a bit distasteful. I wouldn't recommend it to everyone but if you are short on cash and want something, I guess this is a choice.