July 31, 2014 | 2074 users online

Styling Products - Redken - shine flash 02 glistening mist

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by wildcatcutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Would I buy this again? That's a big NO! I picked it up on a whim for the buy 2 get 1 at Ulta. I returned it after one use! It smelled awful and literally didn't do one single thing for me hair. Even if it worked well, the smell alone would keep me from repurchasing. It made me nauseous. Gross.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by heyimsabrinaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The smell is awful and makes it un-usable. I usually don't mind styling product smells, but whenever I spray this I have to leave my room because it smells so bad (like garbage and burned plastic?) Plus its not even worth the smell because it gives my hair no shine or even texture.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by deliriousduckie

I used this in my hair and it made it so frizzy. :(

I sprayed like the instructions said, I have thick, medium, already kind of shiny, curly/wavy hair and i just got mad frizz flyaways about half an hour after using this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The smell is so bad, I wonder which person in their sales department thought it should get a pass and who were the other ones that agreed to send it to market. Uck! It's sour and strange, downright nasty. It's akin to following a dump truck in July in Phoenix. No thanks! And no, I didn't even get shiny hair. I smelled like I hadn't washed and yet my hair remained dull. Such a shame!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by muffkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got a sample in my Birchbox and fell in love. Smell is strong, but goes away fast (smells like hairspray, that's all). I just do a one second spray on my dry hair and then run my hands over and through it. I have extremely dry dull thick hair. This is the only product I've used that has ever given me a shine, and that's why I love it.

I repurchased a full size bottle this month; I do think it is pretty expensive but it should last a while since you don't need much per application.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by lxGossipGirlxl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It makes my hair shiny, and takes away the dullness from it instantly!
But however it makes ur hair greasy and oily if you use too much, and the price is just too much!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Yoshi3329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product promised shine and it didn't deliver, not one bit on my stretched kinky hair. I'll keep this brief.

The packaging is lovely. The font, layout, and black and mustard colors look very professional. If only they worked on the formula as well as they did the packaging (>_>)

This comes in an aerosol can I actually like the scent. It smells like orange citrus with a hint of soap. The good news is that it didn't do anything to make my tangle prone hair tangle more or break. But simply putting it in braids could have done that too.

I'm glad I got this in my July Birch box and didn't actually purchase it. I'm actually disappointed that this didn't have any ceramide in as Redken is known for having ceramide in its products.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got in July's Birchbox (along with the granola bar, lol) and used it a few times on damp hair, dry hair, in-between hair. Didn't do anything that I could tell...no shine, straightening, crunching, anything. Just sat on my hair.

I scored it so low because of that and the SMELL. YAGGHHH the SMELL...like garbagey water is the only way I can describe it. Or a trashy beach shore at low time. It's just NASTY. It doesn't linger, and I will put up with funky scents in the name of beauty, but no effect + stank = no likey...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

I received this as part of my birchbox and can say that I don't really like it. It gave me decent shine without any heaviness or greasiness like some other shine sprays I've tried. I have really fine hair so this didn't weigh my hair down one bit. It does have a weird smell that does go away. The bad part is that it makes my hair really frizzy throughout the day. I've used it three times and each time my hair ends up completely dry and embarassingly frizzy. Needless to say, I won't be purchasing the full size.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I also got this in my birchbox and at first I really liked it, but after a while I realized it really did not add any shine to my hair. I much prefer Frederick Fekkai shine spray. Now that spray REALLY makes hair shiny! But after I put this on during the day I noticed my hair got to feeling like straw and had this weird texture that I have never felt before. This was the only change I made to my routine, so this is what made my hair have such a weird texture. Not worth the money. Not a good product.