Nuance by Salma Hayek My secret super moisturizing body cream

3.9

Water (Aqua), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Heptyl Undecylenate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polysorbate 60, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm Oil), Cetyl Alcohol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Garcinia Mangostana Peel Extract, Royal Jelly Extract (Royal Jelly), Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Honey (Mel), Panthenol, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Fragrance (Parfum), Synthetic Beeswax, Sodium PCA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Sorbitan Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid.

on 2/20/2014 8:25:00 PM

At first, I found the smell to be very old lady-ish and I didn't think I could get past it, however, I've been using it for a few months and I've gotten used to the scent and love how it moisturizes. I really like all her products and hope to keep liking them!!

on 8/20/2013 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Gonna have to agree with Cinnamon1's review here - REALLY wanted to like this, but the smell is horrible!!! I love the ingredient list, and upon initial use, it felt luxurious...and the scent was *almost* fresh....but then something about it just broke down on me. Horrible. And for the price?? I had to return it. Might have to try Salma's Rosehip lotion instead....

on 1/29/2013 2:26:00 PM

I want to love this cream so bad! The ingredients are awesome and it moisturizes so well. It feels great going on, absorbs fast, and leaves my skin so super soft. I just really don't like the scent! This smells exactly like a fresh pack of cigarettes. I know there are other notes in there, but the one that sticks on me is the tobacco scent. I would definitely buy this again if there were an unscented version. Oh well, I'm sticking with good old Nivea Creme.

on 11/22/2012 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love this body cream but you must apply it while your skin is still damp from the bath or shower. It is so moisturizing and has given me the softest skin I've had in a long time.

on 10/13/2012 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I really wanted to like this body cream but it was too daunting a task to rub it on my skin. It takes a while for it to adsorb. I prefer the Rosehip Moisturizing Body Lotion or the Dark Cacao & Coffee Firming Body Cream, which sinks right in. Love the flip top container and the scent was pleasant. Do love the flip top tube container.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is a delectable body cream and a staple in my body care routine. I would say this is my HG of body moisturizers. When I first bought this and started using it, I couldn't get past how time consuming it was to rub in but then I found out there is a trick to this wonderful body cream!...you have to use it straight out of the bath/shower when you are still very damp!!! I mean I just barely PAT dry before I start applying this lotion. Also make sure you rub it between your palms for several seconds to melt before slathering it on. It is so much easier to apply if you do this!!! IMO, the only time this cream should primarily be applied to skin that is not slightly wet is if your using it as a hand lotion and in that case, it rubs in just fine. Otherwise, trust me-this cream works best when applied right out of the shower when your skin is damp and your pores are still open. I love the smell of this cream so much I could eat it! If you notice on the bottle, it can also be used on the face. It is so perfect to use when I'm either running short on money and cannot spend the extra on my regular face cream (and guess what that is?! Nuance Super Anti-Aging Cream of course!). This is a moisturizer that I have sitting around at all times regardless. It works well with my acne-prone skin and does not cause breakouts. What more could you ask for from a body cream sold exclusively at a drugstore? It blew my mind that this lotion is only $14.99 at my local CVS store after reading the ingredient list alone. I have not used a product yet in this line that I did not like! Thank you Salma!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 5/17/2012 1:55:00 PM

This is the first lotion or creme that has kept my legs moisturized!!! My legs are usually super dry and have a fish scaly pattern/cracked desert look to them (apparently common in asian people). I've tried plain olive oil, coconut oil, baby oil, Jergens, various Aveeno lotions, Kiehl's body corps, shea butters - none of them have helped. My legs were always scaly & dry. With this Body cream, my scaly pattern has disappeared by 80%.

The cream's fragrance is light (I can't stand strong fragrances) and the cream itself is not greasy or tacky. I also like the packaging - it makes getting the last bit of cream easy.

The only minor con for me is the price and how fast it gets used up. It's $15/tube and I go through one tube a month. I guess that I'm used to products lasting me 4-8 months vs one month. But since this is the first body cream/lotion that actually moisturized my legs, I'll continue buying it.

on 2/14/2012 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My CVS finally got this back stock, and I was super excited to try it. It did not disappoint! Love, love, love the light honey scent, but more importantly it is super hydrating without being greasy. It keeps my *very* dry skin totally hydrated for a full 24 hours. I have been really pleased with this line as a whole, and now this is another product from it that I will repurchase.

The cream has a nice honey scent and moisturizes reasonably well without being greasy or too slippery. I noticed that my local CVS had a number of samples of this lotion (as well as the dark cacao one) hidden away on one of the shelves so I would definately recommend trying it out before purchasing to make sure you like the scent and moisturizing properties.

on 10/20/2011 1:42:00 AM

After the good reviews, I was excited about this product, I included it in my online order. I was disappointed in this body cream. It smells pleasant, and goes on creamy and absorbs nicely, but that's about it, I didn't feel that it really moisturized my skin. It felt better than nothing, but not nearly as nice as some other body products I've used, I might have to use it a few times, but IMO, you shouldn't have to do that with a good cream. It's inexpensive, so I'll use it up somehow, but I won't repurchase. For drugstore stuff, Yes To Carrots body cream is cheaper and more effective.