Bobbi Brown tortoise shell bronze

on 8/23/2011 12:22:00 AM

As a 27 girl, maybe the palette has a little old囧... And,some colour is similar as the UD NAKED(bronze,cocoa,amber), but the quality is better than UD, I think :) Of couse the price is expensive...The colour more beauty and minute shimmer. I consider that the 2 floors could be maked light and dark impression. To a Chinese, it's maybe a little dark? But I like the palette,very nice.

BTW,how to use the eyeshadow by wet? Which colours could be? ORZ

on 8/17/2011 4:44:00 PM

I have both tortoise shell palettes and like Sand better than this one. I am fair-skinned and blue-eyed and so this wasn't actually marketed to me but I bought both anyway. I am a sucker for neutrals and for Bobbi Brown in general. Maybe this winter I will use it more when those dark colors seem more appropriate. Really great formula and it lasts all day. Can't miss with Bobbi so long as the colors suit you.

on 8/3/2011 6:29:00 PM

I bought this palette in Bronze. At first, I put used only the banana all over and then gold nugget over that on the lid. I was not very impressed. BUT once I used the palette a couple of times and got more comfortable with the colors, I LOVE it! I was scared to use the olive and bronze colors, but as most of Bobbi's shadows wear, the color is not BOLD like, say, a MAC shadow. That is why I love Bobbi....I just want a bit of enhancement, not looking for a transformation. I really love the bronze color in this palette. Also love the way the cocoa looks as eye liner. Today I used a Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in black plum with the cocoa over it, smoked up a bit over the black plum. Loved the look!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This palette did not live up to my expecations. The colors were not very pigmented. I'm a NC45 and these eyeshadows barely showed up on my skin, these might work on someone who is lighter. The colors are not uniquie and are very similar to some UD and MAC shades.The UD Naked palette is way better in my opinion. I will be returning this to sephora. Don't waste your money

on 7/14/2011 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

BB is offering these palettes in two versions the Sand is for light skin and the Bronze is for medium to dark. I am light with blonde hair and blue eyes and the MUA recommended the Bronze. She was so right. The Sand palette is pretty but timid with very little colour payoff and the Bronze colours are soft but much more interesting. Amber and Olive are great for blue eyes, making a statement but being totally wearable as anyone who uses BB knows. As usual, it contains Espresso which is used for lining. The highligher is Banana which is not good for light skin as a highlighter but works really well as a lid colour for weekends. It smooths lid colour very naturally. So if you have a light complexion consider the Bronze palette. It is really something special and the case is very classy. I wear it with either Desert Rose or Coral Shimmer blush and Brownie Pink lipstick.

Popular Palettes