December 19, 2014 | 1528 users online

Blush - Chanel - Joues Contraste - Caprice

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Soffy

NC 10-15 - this blush is a pink with strong coral/peach/gold tones and gives a lot more interesting colour than just a regular old pink. It's pretty pigmented so it lasts a good while.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by notagoodidea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My new HG blush. NARS who???? Update---too much gold sparkle for an old lady like me. I gave it away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Caprice is definitely one of the more heavily pigmented Joues Contraste blushes I have owned; it shows up very easily. The color is difficult to describe: At first glance, it appears to be a light, cool-toned dusty rose-pink. When swatched, and on the cheeks, however, it is considerably warmer -- more of a peachy pink. The color is deceptive -- it is definitely warm. It also has a hint of shimmer, but no obvious glitter. While I tend to prefer cooler pinks like Narcisse and Turbulent, Caprice is versatile and would work on a variety of skin tones, both warm and cool.

(For reference, NW5-10; NARS Siberia)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 6:40:00 AM More reviews by gorgonzola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great blush for cool-toned ladies like me.
Looks "Cool Rose/Plummy" on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by machrina

very nice colour its a combination of pink and peach. although it seems to be sparkling its not when u apply it. the quality of product is good but the little brush that goes with not so convinient.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 11:09:00 PM More reviews by CherryBanana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would describe this colour as a goldy rose with a hint of peach. Really brightens up my face. I bought this with the glossimer in Twinkle & the 2 go very nicely together. Nice for the days you don't want to wear alot of makeup. I found this went on very easily. As soon as I touched the brush to the powder it was like it had exploded, very soft. Little goes along way. At $40 CDN its the most i've ever spent on a blush tho.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 12:48:00 PM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought i found my HG blush when i found NARS deep throat but this blush proved me wrong. It does look like an irridescent pink in the pan but on the skin it is a very nice peachy pink and its not even over the top like NARS orgasm. This one gives you a very nice glow and i find it so easy to apply. I can't even apply too much or it'll look too much on my skin, for reference i have very pale/white skin and this one suits be perfectly. Just a little will do. Love the texture and the fact that the shimmer is more like microshimmer which is enough to just make you look like you just pinched your cheeks. The colour is abit similar to Benefit dandelion but much much more prettier. Chanel blushes are of exceptional quality and i can't wait to try out other shades. I was quite adamant about getting orchid rose in the beginning. I tried it several times but it just didn't look right on me. It looked too dark and garish and dirty on me, just like how Benefit dallas would look on me. But for now, this blush is HG for me!! A ++++

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 8:36:00 AM More reviews by jillyjill

I swapped for this sight unseen. In the pan it shows a light iridescent pink. On my face it shows a nice warm peachy pink. Unfortunately it takes about fifty layers to get there. I'm only about an NC20 and still have to grind my brush into the surface and pile it on. Why is it that some Jouer Contrastes are so pigmented I barely touch my brush to it (Orchid Rose, Rose Petale I'm talking to you) and others, like Caprice and Desert don't really have that same luxe texture? While I actually like the warm pink it is on my skin, it's too much work to get it there. I shouldn't have to layer a $40 blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2007 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Posh_Patricia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous cool pink blush. I bought it after reading in makeup411.com that this one of the blushes used on Marissa (Mischa Barton) in The OC and loved the makeup in that show. It's a very nice colour that goes well with cooler eyeshadows and with my pale skintone. Smells soooo good!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by mcorreia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a cool dusty rose (agree with reviewer below) that barely shows on me and my skin does enhance blush color!
I love the color on my hand but once on my face i can't even tell what shade it is. The texture is a bit messy too and it gets loose all over the pot.
For reference: NC30 who can't wear Rose Petale because it turned too dark, swapped MAC Dolly Mix and Nars Mata Hari because they turned red tomato on me.

continued >>