September 19, 2014 | 1856 users online

Fragrances - Elie Saab-Le Parfum

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by sirinas

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a scent for a classy, well-to do, powerful woman. My signature was Cuir de Russie Chanel. I am switching to Elie Saab ( just for a day, though.)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by agneseo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Screechy overrated white floral mess.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by LQUELLET

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I totally agree with Beejoux42. I received this as a Christmas present and couldn't wait to tear into it thinking finally my HG...boy was I wrong! This was a total let down. I don't know if it's my body chemistry but, it smells like a dank, smelly old lady on me. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by elelkay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a perfume that I came across while looking for a friend. One sniff, and I knew that I couldn't get it for my friend because I had to get it for myself! I couldn't get enough of it. It's lovely and feminine without being girly, and it's more original than many other fragrances I've tried. I love the beautiful soapy jasmine scent it has on my skin. I think it suits day and night wear, and feel that it's a nice fragrance for my age group. I was walking with a girlfriend of mine and she remarked "I love your perfume... You smell like a woman!! But a young woman. I feel quite... attracted to you". Spot on! This fragrance is perfect. Lovely bottle too. Holy grail!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by an0uck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My signature scent.

I am not into fruity, musky or vanilla sort of perfumes, so it took me a while to find a floral fragrance that didn't include these sorts of notes, wasn't boring, lasted, wasn't too obscure and inaccessible, and suited my age.

This is perfect. An initial spray is very very sharp, neither pleasant nor unpleasant, but it makes you think you won't like it. In a minute or two it settles, and you get the orange flower and jasmine, carried by very simple base notes. The honey is not too sweet, and the patchouli is not strong. It really warms to your skin.

I can really see this going across all ages. I am early 20s, and can wear this because it is simple but slightly exotic. I think this would also suit older women as it is very feminine but uncomplicated. You could wear this both day and night, but day wear would be best. There is enough warmth to make it sensual enough for night though.

Notes & details:
Top: Orange blossom
Middle: Jasmine (Grandiflorum and Sambac species)
Base: Cedar, patchouli, honey-rose

Perfumer: Francis Kurkdjian
Bottle: Syvie de France

Advert: See image uploaded. The TV ad can be found here (if you delete the spaces) - youtube. com/watch?v=Ts7EYQz6bR8

Other versions: EDT & Parfum Intense
The EDT (thinner bottle) doesn't have the robustness of the EDP, it is definately more summery and youthful. Try it if you find the EDP too strong. I would love this to have a more citrusy scent, but I think you could layer it quite well.

I find the Parfum Intense version is quite similar to the EDP, but I haven't worn it on the skin yet, just sampled. It is clearly heavier and more cloying, and maybe a bit more oriental. I think the EDP is strong enough that you would have to have a deeply feminine character to go above that and wear the Parfum Intense. I would suggest it if you are after an exotic sensuous fragrance, but don't want to something animalic/musky.

TL;DR - Buy if you like white floral, neroli/jasmine type, feminine, uncomplicated scents.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Asymetry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a whiff of this scent at the Bay and all I can say is, i ended up buying this as a christmas present to myself, this scent is so different from other perfumes. I just love the smell of it. It's so feminine. Definitely worth the splurge.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by BurcuA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my signature smell since it was released and i am always getting a lot of commpliments when i wear it.It is sophisticated,feminine ,a bit sexy ,not heavy but good for night use also.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupfun21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tested a sample of this and I'm quite surprised by the negative reviews! I thought the scent was really pretty. On me, it stays quite close to the skin. I smell the hazy, breezy, sweet flower notes- especially the gardenia. I also smell a sliiiight linger of spice in there (almost undetectable), which I'm guessing is due to the orange or mandarin blossom notes. Overall, this is a very pretty, hazy floral that is suitable for day (but is also heady -- not heavy -- enough to be suitable for the evening). Quick update: I think this scent is better suited in colder weather. I can understand that it would probably be "too heavy" if worn on a really muggy, warm day.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I've worn Elie Saab EDP and found it strong strong STRONG -- enters the room before I do -- fills the room -- & probably hovers for days after I leave. Embarrassing perfume to wear -- makes me feel incredibly self-conscious.

Elie Saab is a pure heady white floral, unsoftened by any fruits or musks. This is a bold floral, to my nose. Orange blossom & jasmine, strong on both counts, but mostly an orange blossom scent, I think.

I picture Beverly Hills ladies wearing this. It smells to me like a perfume that a Housewife of Beverly Hills (or Atlanta) might wear. Or Ivana Trump. I picture it on high-class women in their 40's-50's -- or on affluent ladies who shop, who lunch, who go to glamourous fundraisers and events. I do not picture this on women in their teens or 20's at all.

This -- to me -- is like the Giorgio of our time. Not scent-wise, but image & impact-wise. To me, this is an elegant, fine, dramatic perfume. I think it almost fits the commercial of Charlize stomping down the runway better than J'adore does -- or Julia Roberts at the black-tie ball better than La Vie Est Belle does.

Maybe the Elie Saab EDT version would be milder to me & easier-to-wear -- some seem to think so -- but I don't plan to even try it. Bold straight-up heady white florals are just not my type of florals.

ADDENDUM 1/9/14: I just saw Elie Saab EDP in Marshall's yesterday -- for $59.99 -- I'm not sure of the size, maybe 1.7oz? Surprised to see it there -- yet not so much.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Moonchitaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, this was an unusual purchase for me since I usually go for musky, amber based orientals, so the fact that this lured me away from my usual niche is pretty amazing. I was given a sample of this in Selfridges and couldn't stop smelling it. So much so that I caved and eventually bought it. I think the fact that summer is on the way made my decision much easier as this is a perfect summer scent.

Its a white floral with top notes of: orange blossom, middle notes: jasmine and base notes: patchouli, cedar, rose and white honey. Its very fruity and quite sharp at first sniff- I get an overwhelming crisp note of neroli which settles down to a sweet, honeyed jasmine.

Its actually rather enchanting and it immediately whisks me to the mediterranean, specifically, the Greek island of Santorini. Its all white cycladic buildings, domed chapels and volcanic rock dominating a pure blue Aegean sea, the scent of orange blossom and jasmine hanging thick in the air. Its pure summer - lending itself to lazy days spent on the beach or sultry evenings when people dine out in the open air, the moonlit beach infused with the scent of candles and esoteric jasmine. A perfect summer fragrance thats both sharp, and yet sweet at the same time. Its not a saccharine sweetness mind, but more of an ambrosial, aromatic sweetness with an initial citric burst of pure orange. Beautiful.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No