L'Artisan Fragrances The Pour un Ete

3.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love real jasmine tea, but this smelled like a barn on me. Hay, straw, and indole. However, if you miss the smell of the old farm and would like a nice old-fashioned barn smell without the dirt or gasoline smells found in some modern barns, this would be great. Hmm, even I can't tell when I'm being sarcastic anymore.

Notes: peppermint, lemon, jasmine, and green tea.

This fragrance opens with a very pleasant lemon and green tea accord with just enough jasmine to make the accord sparkly sweet. Thankfully I don’t smell the mint. As it progresses the tea is more detectable with a slightly smoky quality. Linear from then on, the fragrance stays the same until it fades. Lasts for three hours on my skin.

on 8/6/2010 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the most breathtaking lemon-jasmin tea scent in the world.
If I sound like I'm gushing I am. I am not a fan of tea scents but really, the tea burns off quickly and I am left with my wrist glued to my nose, sucking in the most psychedelic, mind bending jasmin I've ever smelled. The first ten minutes are absolutely thrilling. I love lemon but have had a hard time finding one that lasts and is truely beautiful but this one fits that description. At first, when I dabbed this a few times, I didn't get much if anything out of it. The tea scent was too powerful. But after trying for the third time, I finally got the lemon in all it's glory.
And that lemon slowly giving way to the perfect sultry jasmin is nothing short of heaven. This is why you must have a sample of a perfume and try it several times. Possibly my new signature scent.
edit: taking off a lippy. I see now why I didn't love it the first two tries.
I've had this on now for an hour and that slightly medicinal doctor's office smell is lurking at the edges. But still bottle worthy for that amazing rush for the first hour.

on 8/2/2010 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful green tea and jasmine. Not complex but just perfect.

on 6/6/2010 1:02:00 PM

I agree with the previous reviewer: I think "Edwardian England" with this scent, in a very good way! I get tea with lemon primarily, and if the jasmine comes through at all for me, it's in a subdued soap-like way--I pictured the soap in an Oxford student's shaving kit. And maybe a hint of the soft leather encasing the kit. Very wearable and pleasant, and with better staying power than I usually get from lemon.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This has the most luxurious green tea scent note. To describe it: It's like lying in under the spring-sun on purest light-green grass, while drinking a cup of ice-tea with fresh lemon. Where? = In a 1910-1920's English park, reading a Jane Austen novel.

on 3/15/2010 9:35:00 AM

If you want a true jasmine tea scent, this is it simple and delicate... except it's ruined with an added medicine smell (like an empty bottle of pills or some bandages) For people who love jasmine tea and are willing to take it with medicine (and low lasting power)

on 10/13/2009 11:11:00 PM

Very light and refreshing summer scent. Problem is it has zero staying power. I transfer a small bit of it to a portable Muji glass spray container and use it from time to time throughout the day. Abit of a hassle but worth the while!

on 8/18/2009 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Luckily this was just a sample, as I got NO tea, but a head full of Dollar Tree perfume... BLECH! First L'Artisan that I've found totally unwearable.

on 7/23/2009 1:41:00 PM

The Pour Un Ete is an inoffensive light floral fragrance which might really appeal to someone who is “scared” of assertive perfumes. I am not sure why it is billed as a “tea” perfume as I did not detect any tea in it and I definitely did not detect any peppermint, despite it being listed as an official note. The Pour Un Ete mainly smells like a generic combination of someone's idea of "white flowers" and reminded me a lot of scented high-end salon shampoo.

Here are the notes for The Pour Un Ete, per The Perfumed Court: Citrus, Green Tea, Jasmine and Peppermint.

Popular Fragrances