April 24, 2014 | 1485 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Senka Mineral UV Gel SPF50 PA+++

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by ilovekimi

Love this. Bought it spontaneously and I am pleasantly surprised. This is one of the only sunscreens that has not broken me out. Most Senka products don't (excluding the whitening range) that's why I love it <3 only thing is that it doesn't keep my oily skin matte, then again nothing has ever kept my skin matte (not even milk of magnesia!)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by jonny4

I have been using this sunscreen for a month and I really like it. The other reviewers have already mentioned the many pros of this sunscreen. I agree with most of their reviews. The main reason I bought this sunscreen is because it washes out easily with a regular cleanser. Making this a very effective everyday use sunscreen. I quite wary of using those long lasting water, sweat and sebum resistant sunscreens on a daily basis as removal can be a chore. sometimes even after double cleansing there is still some sunscreen residue left.

The packaging seems to be of better quality than other Japanese sunscreens. It seals shut with a hard click. Some similar Japanese sunscreens tend of seal with a weak click, making accidental opening easy.

I bought this for RM32-34 at Watsons. it was on sale and the regular price is RM39.90.

Note: this Senka sunscreen is only sebum and sweat resistant. it isn't water resistant so if you are going swimming or to the beach pls use something more suitable.

edit: I'm just not too happy with the finish of this sunscreen. Starts off with a natural finish with a slight glow but an hour later it gets really shiny especially the T zone area. Seems to fade fast too when I sweat and also because of sebum after a few hours. This sunscreen is probably more suited for people with drier skins.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by captainmuffins

This is for me, the holy grail of facial sunscreens. It is a chemical sunscreen, so those with sensitivities should be aware, but for me, it works wonderfully with no irritation. The texture is a silky, milky type liquid that blends beautifully. It doesn't pill, run, make me oily, over dry me, or make my face break out. It actually smooth my skin texture as well, which is great for make up application. It is also CHEAP. I order this from either sasa, strawberrynet, or Amazon, and even with shipping from Japan runs me under $13 a bottle.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by sezling

Small bottle and not much value for money but it has so far fared me well in a swelteringly humid summer. And serves as an awesome all day make up base. No matter how much I've sweated and think my makeup has all rubbed off, my face is still matte! But at the same time the product isn't drying!! (Then again I first apply toner and lotion and then some moist BB cream and powder on top) Luv it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by cindyriel

I bought this as I was in search of a lightweight sunscreen that would protect me from the sun and due to its high reviews here, I decided to buy it off sasa.com.

It comes out as a white watery-like substance and goes on the skin really well, there's no need for me to rub it in like traditional sunscreens. Initially it's quite greasy however if you wait about 5 minutes, its sinks in and you can hardly feel a thing on your face. The thing I like about this is that it is lightweight and somehow evens out my face - my skin looks nice and smooth and seeing as I don't wear makeup very often, I can't tell you if it acts as a good primer or not but according to majority of the reviews, it is a good primer.

It does, however, contain alcohol so after I finish this bottle, I will look for other sunscreen that act similarly but do not contain alcohol in it as I kind of don't want alcohol to be absorbed into my bloodstream on a daily basis. But this sunscreen really is spectacular and I will definitely repurchase if I cannot find a product working the same way without alcohol. (I know alcohol is there to help the sunscreen absorb faster but the though of alcohol in my bloodstream every day kind of freaks me out haha).

But yes, this sunscreen really is amazing and is quite cheap too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by joxbelle

Does it's job pretty well and it really is a great make up base/primer since it creates a smooth canvas for your make up to glide on. It seemed a little oily to me initially but after it dries up, my face was silky & nice to the touch. Most importantly, it does not clog my pores or causes any break out! Reasonably priced too (Around SGD16.90?)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've used several Shiseido suncreams which I love but they seem a little pricey to repurchase. I ordered this sunscreen from Sasa.com for $10 and it is absolutely amazing. It doesn't have a gel texture, but it does create a great base for makeup. It's basically a shakeup sunscreen, and has a handy screw off top and nozzle that the product comes out of. I would consider this an HG item seeing as how it has a great formula and amazing price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is just okay. Might work for those without oily skin but didn't do much for me. It goes on incredibly well -- it doesn't look or feel like you have anything on. No white cast, no greasiness. But I'm looking for something that will help with oiliness -- this does a tiny, tiny bit. More suited for normal skin, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by ensei

I use a lot of different sunscreens since I have to wear sunscreen daily living in Florida. I use Japanese sunscreens daily since they mingle well with my makeup, and on sunnier days or for more intense sun exposure, I use or layer a higher PPD European sunscreen.

Japanese sunscreens in general are more cosmetically elegant than what's offered here in America with higher and labeled UVA too. I find this is a staple sunscreen in my stash of sunscreens, and I'm on my third bottle of this sunscreen with an extra backup. Looking at all the other reviews, I'm not the only repeat buyer which isn't surprising. This is a really nice everyday sunscreen with decent UVA and UVB protection (spf 50+ PA+++) that is easy on my pocket as well. This sunscreen contains the following UV filters: Octinoxate, Octocrylene, Parsol SLX, Zinc Oxide, Ensulizole, Uvinul A Plus. As you can see, it's primarily a chemical sunscreen so keep that in mind if you have sensitive skin.

This is a shake up sunscreen that comes out a semi opague white viscous liquid. This has a siliconey feel that makes it easy to spread but doesn't cause any breakouts for my pretty clog-prone skin. This sunscreen initally feels a little greasy on the skin. The trick is to apply it, let it dry on the skin a little (about 5 min) and then blend out. If you do this, it dries down to a smooth natural skin finish with maybe a little shine, not super matte like some of the milk type Japanese sunscreens can. There is a little of that silicone mask feel, but that doesn't bother me since I feel this sunscreen can serve the dual purpose of a sunscreen and makeup primer. The one thing I should point out about this sunscreen is that there is a pretty high alcohol smell which thankfully dissipates pretty quickly. Looking at the ingredient list, alcohol is listed as the fifth ingredient. I have combination skin that can lean oily or dry depending on the weather, and this hasn't dried out my skin. I actually find it fairly moisturizing when I first put it on and I think the alcohol just helps it dry faster. In my opinion, unless you have very dry skin, this would be a great sunscreen to try.

As with all sunscreens, you should apply at least 1/4 of a teaspoon for your face (~1.25 ml) or more if possible. Try measuring it out - it's a lot more than you think! Since this sunscreen is 40ml, it should last a month if used only for the face daily. If the bottle lasts longer than that and you're using it daily, then you might not be using enough to achieve the level of protection the sunscreen guarantees. As of right now, the price for this sunscreen can range from $12 to $18 depending on where you buy it. The cheapest place to buy it seems to be from AdamBeauty ($12.50 and ~ $2 registered mail for as many items as you want) and Cosme-De ($12.00 free shipping) which is a pretty decent price. This sunscreen is sweatproof, and while I think it's a great everyday sunscreen, if you're going to be exposed to the sun more intensely or for a longer time (say on the beach), look for a more waterproof sunscreen milk (Allie UV Protector Alpha, Biore UV Perfect Face Milk, Sunkiller Perfect Strong to name a few) or high PPD European sunscreen instead.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by notalike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I watched Fuzkittie's review on Youtube and decided to give it a try. Love it love it love it. Great sunscreen. Truly mattifying. Does have a gel like texture which doesn't bother me at all. I'm on my second bottle now and just ordered 3 more from imomoko.com for $16.99 a bottle. It will be great for summer time. Would purchase again.