October 1, 2014 | 1846 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Senka Mineral UV Gel SPF50 PA+++

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by yuia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Description: Shiseido Senka Mineral UV Gel SPF50 PA+++ is a UV gel which pursued a strong ultraviolet rays prevention effect and protect skin from damage such as drying by ultraviolet rays. It is fresh in texture which is easily spread through the skin and does not stay white. By baby powder combination, the touch such as the skin of the baby who said that it is smooth continues quickly.

Ingredients: Cyclomethicone, water, isododecane, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, alcohol, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, octocrylene, polysilicone-15, zinc oxide, PPG-17, PEG-9 dolydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, sorbitan sesquiisostearate, sucrose tetrastearate triacetate, polymethylsilsesquioxane, phenylbenzimidazole sulfonic acid, diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, aminomethyl propanediol, sodium chloride, calcium chloride, talc, dimethicone, glycerin, isostearic acid, triethyloxycapriylylsilane, trisodium EDTA, orange, BHT

CosDNA: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_0c66118127.html

Pros:
- average cost performance (40ml about 800yen)
- high SPF and decent pa rating
- mixed filter sunscreen (octinoxate, octocrylene, parsol SLX, zinc oxide, ensulizole & uvinul A plus)
- no noticeable white cast or pilling
- gel texture makes it easy to apply with gentle patting
- water & sweat proof, perfect for humid summers and sweaty people like me
- leaves a smooth finish making it a good makeup base
- did not break me out

Cons:
- initial smell of alcohol(?) but it dissipates after application
- leaves a noticeable water barrier on skin ie water beads; requires soap to wash off
- not pa++++
- no matte finish; slightly shiny but that might have been me sweating in the bathroom

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by lady931

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a 60+ lady. When I started with this sunscreen I looked 10 years younger than my age. After 6 months of use I look 5 years OLDER than my actual age. This product is a good sunblock but the alcohol in it causes skin to wrinkle! Horrid. In addition, I have oily skin and this exacerbated the "greasy" look.

My skin has been aged prematurely by this product. Avoid!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by ilovekimi

Love this. Bought it spontaneously and I am pleasantly surprised. This is one of the only sunscreens that has not broken me out. Most Senka products don't (excluding the whitening range) that's why I love it <3 only thing is that it doesn't keep my oily skin matte, then again nothing has ever kept my skin matte (not even milk of magnesia!)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by jonny4

I have been using this sunscreen for a month and I really like it. The other reviewers have already mentioned the many pros of this sunscreen. I agree with most of their reviews. The main reason I bought this sunscreen is because it washes out easily with a regular cleanser. Making this a very effective everyday use sunscreen. I quite wary of using those long lasting water, sweat and sebum resistant sunscreens on a daily basis as removal can be a chore. sometimes even after double cleansing there is still some sunscreen residue left.

The packaging seems to be of better quality than other Japanese sunscreens. It seals shut with a hard click. Some similar Japanese sunscreens tend of seal with a weak click, making accidental opening easy.

I bought this for RM32-34 at Watsons. it was on sale and the regular price is RM39.90.

Note: this Senka sunscreen is only sebum and sweat resistant. it isn't water resistant so if you are going swimming or to the beach pls use something more suitable.

edit: I'm just not too happy with the finish of this sunscreen. Starts off with a natural finish with a slight glow but an hour later it gets really shiny especially the T zone area. Seems to fade fast too when I sweat and also because of sebum after a few hours. This sunscreen is probably more suited for people with drier skins.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by captainmuffins

This is for me, the holy grail of facial sunscreens. It is a chemical sunscreen, so those with sensitivities should be aware, but for me, it works wonderfully with no irritation. The texture is a silky, milky type liquid that blends beautifully. It doesn't pill, run, make me oily, over dry me, or make my face break out. It actually smooth my skin texture as well, which is great for make up application. It is also CHEAP. I order this from either sasa, strawberrynet, or Amazon, and even with shipping from Japan runs me under $13 a bottle.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by sezling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Small bottle and not much value for money but it has so far fared me well in a swelteringly humid summer. And serves as an awesome all day make up base. No matter how much I've sweated and think my makeup has all rubbed off, my face is still matte! But at the same time the product isn't drying!! (Then again I first apply toner and lotion and then some moist BB cream and powder on top) Luv it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by cindyriel

I bought this as I was in search of a lightweight sunscreen that would protect me from the sun and due to its high reviews here, I decided to buy it off sasa.com.

It comes out as a white watery-like substance and goes on the skin really well, there's no need for me to rub it in like traditional sunscreens. Initially it's quite greasy however if you wait about 5 minutes, its sinks in and you can hardly feel a thing on your face. The thing I like about this is that it is lightweight and somehow evens out my face - my skin looks nice and smooth and seeing as I don't wear makeup very often, I can't tell you if it acts as a good primer or not but according to majority of the reviews, it is a good primer.

It does, however, contain alcohol so after I finish this bottle, I will look for other sunscreen that act similarly but do not contain alcohol in it as I kind of don't want alcohol to be absorbed into my bloodstream on a daily basis. But this sunscreen really is spectacular and I will definitely repurchase if I cannot find a product working the same way without alcohol. (I know alcohol is there to help the sunscreen absorb faster but the though of alcohol in my bloodstream every day kind of freaks me out haha).

But yes, this sunscreen really is amazing and is quite cheap too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by joxbelle

Does it's job pretty well and it really is a great make up base/primer since it creates a smooth canvas for your make up to glide on. It seemed a little oily to me initially but after it dries up, my face was silky & nice to the touch. Most importantly, it does not clog my pores or causes any break out! Reasonably priced too (Around SGD16.90?)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've used several Shiseido suncreams which I love but they seem a little pricey to repurchase. I ordered this sunscreen from Sasa.com for $10 and it is absolutely amazing. It doesn't have a gel texture, but it does create a great base for makeup. It's basically a shakeup sunscreen, and has a handy screw off top and nozzle that the product comes out of. I would consider this an HG item seeing as how it has a great formula and amazing price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is just okay. Might work for those without oily skin but didn't do much for me. It goes on incredibly well -- it doesn't look or feel like you have anything on. No white cast, no greasiness. But I'm looking for something that will help with oiliness -- this does a tiny, tiny bit. More suited for normal skin, in my opinion.