July 30, 2014 | 1156 users online

Styling Products - Paul Mitchell - Awapuhi Wild Ginger Hydro-Cream Whip

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by raven4575

I bought this on the recommendation of my stylist. You don't need to use a lot and it's very creamy. It also smells wonderful. It helps define my curls and is good at taming the frizzies. My only gripe is the price, it's stupid expensive. I would only buy it again if they drop the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by JenniAdventure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was a student at Paul Mitchell the school when this product came out. At first, the hype was huge and I tend to be pretty skeptical when hype is involved.

When I first started using it, I used to cocktail it with other products so I never got the full effect of what this product can do on its own. Now that I use it on my own hair, I never mix anything with it...it is WONDERFUL on its own!

This mousse is unlike any mousse I've ever used (on myself or on a client.) The moment you put a little in your hand, you can tell it's different. The texture is creamy but it's not heavy in your hair.

What I like most is that it helps control my frizz, even when I play with my hair throughout the day. Even looks good on days 2 and 3!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by amanda1nc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the Paul Mitchell Line of Awapuhi Wild Ginger products. I currently use the shampoo and conditioning cream and decided to give the Hydro-cream whip a try. After applying it to my hair and blow drying, my hair looks incredible. I have increased volume and my hair is shiny and falls perfectly into place. This is a lovely product and I am quite impressed. The price is a bit expensive but well worth it with the results obtained.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by alessap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hadn't used mousse since my teens and forgot how awesome it works in my hair! I'm giving a 4 instead of 5 because the smell isn't my total favourite, although not awful - just not great either.

I don't have a problem with the price - I can't imagine it's cheap to make and it works really well. Have and will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Another love letter to Paul Mitchell for making this product, and to MUAers for reviewing it. This makes my hair look spectacular. It is indeed a creamy mousse, and because of that it gives my hair the bit of weightless "weight" that tames flyaways and make it lay perfectly. It made my hair very easy to blowdry (and maybe even shortened drying a time a bit--at least it seemed that way) and it is full of body, incredibly shiny, smells great, and has tons of volume without screaming "I've been volumized!" And the body lasts all day and into the next. I also have no need to use more products except a bit of the Awapuhi Wild Ginger Styling Treatment Oil to texturize. Amazing. This is a great hair day in a bottle. I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by RxA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mousse!! It gives me perfect curls with a little amount!! It smells like heaven in a bottle !! I love this so much !!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 4:50:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

DOESN'T TEST ON ANIMALS YAY! My HOLY GRAIL mouse it is BETTER than any other mouse I've ever tryed, it is non greasy and smells absolutely divine!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by savvystylist

A very good mousse, to use alone in curly hair, or with a blowdryer, doesn't leave the hair dry, and adds shine.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by KellyNC

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have medium length straight hair and I love Sebastian Whipped Creme mousse. So I expected the same results with hydro-cream whip but not even close. My hair felt dry with no slip while blowdrying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by 1017

The price point on this line is the only con for me. I love the smell (but if you don't then the whole line is a wash for you). I have been extremely impressed with the shampoo & cream rinse. Now onto the Hydro-cream whip. I have not used this solo, but mixed with my other products. But this styler leaves a hint of the smell I love without being overpowering. Also, my hair is AMAZING with this. I use it mostly as a polisher, finisher, scruncher before diffusing. It is pricey & I don't want to use it all up too fast. But like others said, (and it is true for the shampoo too), a little goes a long way. Unlike other mousse products that require mass amounts of mousse to work on you, this does not. My uber fine curls are left defined, bouncy, smooth, supple and just WOW right now.

I am really excited by these products. I wish they weren't so hard to get a hold of. And I hope the salon I found that carries them never stops stocking this. Right now I am just going to enjoy the ride.