April 19, 2014 | 1646 users online

Lips - Yves Saint Laurent - Volupte Sheer Candy #4 Succulent Pomegranate

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I keep going back to this lippie. It is getting down in the tube now though. I think it is time I purchased another. I have gone back and forth, but have always come back to this. I think it is the little HA spheres in the lipstick, makes my lips look full and lush. I will try other colors, but I agree with other reviewers, this is the most vibrant, but not in your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by RIX

a bright pink colour in my lips and after the initial glossy wear turns into a lip stain. Is a comfortable lip product that lasts well and moisturizes. I do find the colour a little vibrant at times but if you are after a pop of pink with a dewy finish this will be great. Would like to try the lighter candy pink shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

The Sheer Candy line is so incredibly lovely. I like Succulent Pomegranate the best because it has the most colour. It is a juicy bright pink. Reminds me of the colour my lips turn under the influence of Smashbox O-gloss and all those other clear glosses that turn deep pink over time. This product is extremely emollient; it is glossier than any balm I own but just as hydrating. The shine is moderate and makes for a nice natural dose of colour. I knocked off a lippy because I genuinely prefer Revlon lip butter which has a ton more colour for a fraction of the cost. If you want a super glamorous tinted lip blam, go for the YSL but if you are looking for colour, try the Revlon stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I eyed YSL lipsticks for a loooong time. They were a dream product to me. However, I didn't live near a store that sold YSL, and I don't buy lip products without seeing them in person.

I now live near a Sephora that carries YSL, and these caught my eye. The light, sheer formula seemed especially great for the warmer months. I wanted #6, but it was sold out, so I bought #4.

#4 is a pretty, sheer but bright pink. It's very similar to Tarte Lipsurgence in Amused, but the Tarte pencil is a tad brighter and a little more 80's, lol. The YSL is more wearable.

You don't need a lipliner underneath, as the formula doesn't feather. You don't need a mirror to apply; it's as simple to apply as a balm. The packaging is gorgeous, sturdy, and the design cradles the cylinder of balm (unlike many products where the product vulnerable to banging around in the plastic tube. Has a light, fruity scent and just a smidge of fruity flavour.
Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by cjalxndr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this.... It has a lovely scent, beautiful packaging. Definely feels like a 30 dollar lip balm. I gave this 4 stars because it is pricey. But trust me... It's worth it, especially if you love high quality & great packaging. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have four of these ( different colours) as I really like it. The taste is wonderful(so did my boyfriend said) and the colours are simply gorge.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a glossy balm with a nice, fresh mango scent. The shine is there, but not OTT like a ds or Stila gloss. It has a nice bright pink/red tint to it. The packaging is TDF! So pretty & girly. Doesnt dry my lips out but also doesn't wear long. All in all, a definite repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by xxbabydollxx

Lipbalms in lipstick form is a popular trend in makeup right now. revlon, loreal both have a wide selection of these sorts of hybrids right now which is the reason I was so hesitant to purchase the ysl version.. I was pleasantly surprised by this product initially. I purchased #4 simply bc it was the brightest looking color that was offered and having pretty pigmented lips means that the lighter colors wont show up. Very bright in the tube, this shows up on my lips as a regular raspberry... the color isnt too die for its just okay but the texture it the BEST part of this product. the drugstore brands offer great colors and great color payoff but they're lacking in moisurizing (less of a lipbalm) but the ysl version is so smooth and moisturizing ..nice smell. the pefect lip balm consistency. but once again the color is hardly spectacular . So if you have money to spend ... def try it out. I wouldnt call it a must have bc honestly Id rather have awesome color payoff compared to moisturizing properties. This lipstick would be perfect for someone who has light pigmented lips , who also needs a lipstick to be foremost- very moisturizing ... this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 8:21:00 AM More reviews by lo2

In Australia where i am from this product cost approx $40+.

I bought it on ebay brand new in the box for $30.

I am in total love with it, it is glossy, it tastes and smells delicious and this colour gives your lips a just bitten look.

I want to buy again but not from a store its just too expensive i rather pay less on ebay.

it is utterly delicious though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best lip product I have ever tried. No doubt about it. One word: perfection! It's the perfect glossy lip balm/stick with the perfect color. It's a berry-ish pink with slight red undertones, the perfect color for summer! You can easily build up the intensity desired.
It is very moisturizing and the scent is candy sweet without being too much. I absolutely love the feel of it!
The tube is beautiful and classy, it's a pleasure to carry around in the make-up bag. The only downside with this in all other ways perfect lip product is the price which is rather expensive. Furthermore it does not stay on for a very long time but you cannot expect that from any lip product that is this moisturizing. Obviously a lip stain or drier lip stick would have better lasting product but that's another product category so you can't really compare. I have to agree with the previous reviewer, this lip product makes me happy everytime I see it. I would definitely repurchase. Hopefully I won't need to repurchase too soon considering the price tag. New HG! continued >>