July 30, 2014 | 2016 users online

Lips - Yves Saint Laurent - Volupte Sheer Candy #4 Succulent Pomegranate

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by lscholl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite lipsticks. YSL's Volupte Sheer Candy series really impressed me with their moisturization, easy application and lasting consistency. Oh and the smell!! My bf thought it was my natural lip taste, he likes it a lot and I'm not going to correct him on that lol. I don't know how YSL did this, but #4 succulent pomegranate kinda reminds me of mango's taste which is my favorite fruit :) My lips are naturally pigmented so this lipstick kinda darkened my lip color further, as you can see in the uploaded pic. I tried applying this before I went to bed one night and the next morning I looked into the mirror, the color was still there. It just melted into my lips. This one is definitely worth repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Ad0rableTam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I researched this lipstick religiously before purchasing and I loved the google images! They were like a sheer pink, on the light side! So when I bought it, I was a little bummed that it had red tones, and similar in color to my #6. However, I found that if I wear a lighter color lipstick under it, it becomes the perfect pink that I was looking for all along. I really like it! And love how you don't require a lip liner with these.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 4:22:00 AM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a fear of a red lip. Whenever I put on a color that screams, "look at my lips!" I tend to gift it to my mom or close friends. I usually steer clear of colors that pop too much in the tube, so when I initially saw pomegranate, I freaked a little. It definitely looks brighter in its solid form. I was pleasantly surprised and relieved when instead of being a freaky orangey red, this gloss turned out to be on the pinky side of the color spectrum.

I am so glad I did not run away from this gloss/balm/lip sheen. It is so lovely I feel like putting it on all the time just so I can admire the prettiness it bestows on my lips. Appropriate for anytime, even a funeral because of its subtle elegance.

Like other YSL products the Sheer Candy line has a sweet fragrance. I like it, but if you don't like scented makeup, this is not for you.

Doesn't have staying power on the lips but gives you all the more reason to reapply this luxurious lippy. Feels ultra smooth on application. Not sticky or heavy at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I keep going back to this lippie. It is getting down in the tube now though. I think it is time I purchased another. I have gone back and forth, but have always come back to this. I think it is the little HA spheres in the lipstick, makes my lips look full and lush. I will try other colors, but I agree with other reviewers, this is the most vibrant, but not in your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by RIX

a bright pink colour in my lips and after the initial glossy wear turns into a lip stain. Is a comfortable lip product that lasts well and moisturizes. I do find the colour a little vibrant at times but if you are after a pop of pink with a dewy finish this will be great. Would like to try the lighter candy pink shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

The Sheer Candy line is so incredibly lovely. I like Succulent Pomegranate the best because it has the most colour. It is a juicy bright pink. Reminds me of the colour my lips turn under the influence of Smashbox O-gloss and all those other clear glosses that turn deep pink over time. This product is extremely emollient; it is glossier than any balm I own but just as hydrating. The shine is moderate and makes for a nice natural dose of colour. I knocked off a lippy because I genuinely prefer Revlon lip butter which has a ton more colour for a fraction of the cost. If you want a super glamorous tinted lip blam, go for the YSL but if you are looking for colour, try the Revlon stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I eyed YSL lipsticks for a loooong time. They were a dream product to me. However, I didn't live near a store that sold YSL, and I don't buy lip products without seeing them in person.

I now live near a Sephora that carries YSL, and these caught my eye. The light, sheer formula seemed especially great for the warmer months. I wanted #6, but it was sold out, so I bought #4.

#4 is a pretty, sheer but bright pink. It's very similar to Tarte Lipsurgence in Amused, but the Tarte pencil is a tad brighter and a little more 80's, lol. The YSL is more wearable.

You don't need a lipliner underneath, as the formula doesn't feather. You don't need a mirror to apply; it's as simple to apply as a balm. The packaging is gorgeous, sturdy, and the design cradles the cylinder of balm (unlike many products where the product vulnerable to banging around in the plastic tube. Has a light, fruity scent and just a smidge of fruity flavour.
Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by cjalxndr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this.... It has a lovely scent, beautiful packaging. Definely feels like a 30 dollar lip balm. I gave this 4 stars because it is pricey. But trust me... It's worth it, especially if you love high quality & great packaging. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have four of these ( different colours) as I really like it. The taste is wonderful(so did my boyfriend said) and the colours are simply gorge.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a glossy balm with a nice, fresh mango scent. The shine is there, but not OTT like a ds or Stila gloss. It has a nice bright pink/red tint to it. The packaging is TDF! So pretty & girly. Doesnt dry my lips out but also doesn't wear long. All in all, a definite repurchase!