December 19, 2014 | 1564 users online

Powder - Revlon - PhotoReady Powder - Light/Medium

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by KayLives

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to use Marcelle powder, and when I ran out of that I thought I'd try this. Honestly, I was not super impressed. As far as powder goes, this is simply "okay". I find have a pretty light touch when it comes to face makeup, I don't like wearing a lot, but this tends to fill in lines and get a little cakey. It does give a nice touch, once everything settles a little. But it tends to cling to any peach fuzz on your face and cakes on any coverup. I will say one thing though, it did match my fair skin and for the most part, take away any sheen from my forehead oiliness. The brush that comes with it is not great, which isn't too big a deal. However, I found it a struggle to open the case. (I could just be totally inept at opening things, but I am blaming the packaging on this one.) I'll use it for the time being, because I don't want to spend the money on something better and waste what I spent on this. But as soon as it runs out I won't be buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Fessssy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually liked this product when I first bought it because I noticed it gave me light coverage which is something I always look for in my powders. However, after time I realized the powder made my face appear dry & flakey even when I moisturized beforehand. My makeup at the end of the day was always super blotchy & eventually it would settle into my skin making all my little fine lines appear even more noticeable. I only realized it was the photoready powder when I noticed my other powders didn't do this to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by xolovelucyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder. It goes on smoothly and provides great coverage. However, I seem to have to buy a new one every month and a half- I use it quickly. The brush that it comes with doesn't work very well, so I use my own powder brush with it. This product truly brightens my face and smooths my skin tone out. I use it after I apply my liquid foundation and before I apply my bronzer. I really like it, just wish it would last a bit longer!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by AnnevieC

The name speaks for itself...I have oily skin so my face usually shine --in an oily way--in photos---But that was before I started using foundation and im really happy that after 2 foundation failures (different brands) I found Revlon Photoready. It is really good in controlling the shine throughout the day, not to mention it gives my face a radiant effect in photos... Im definitely gonna use this product for a while...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by natalie007

I have Revlon Photo Ready powder in 010 fair. I bought this specifically to keep in my purse. Right right before someone takes a photo of me, I quickly dust in on my face to take away any greasiness/shine (as I have acne prone skin.) It looks SO good in photos, it's unbelievable!! It gives you a natural youthful glow, and evens your skin tone, removes any greasiness, brightens your face... WOW! It actually looks better than my Chanel foundation which I realize now is too Matte and looks cakey in photos. I have actually started using Photo Ready as my everyday powder now, and finished with Chanel. It feels so good to discover that I don't need to burn a hole in my wallet on "high-end" cosmetics, and drugstore brands actually work just as good - (if not better, in this case!) I'm going to stock up on this, just in case it's discontinued for some stupid reason. I would be devastated if it was! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!! PS. I have sensitive skin and have never broken out from this product. It feels so light and airy on, and my skin has actually improved since using this instead of chanel on a daily basis.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by youcancallmekatie

I use this on my combination skin daily over a foundation or tinted moisturizer, and while it's not amazing, it's not bad. I feel as if it were a loose powder it would be so much better. It requires touch ups (don't use the brush it comes with) and doesn't keep my skin matte all day. Also, the mirror is useless-it's just a tiny rectangle.

On the bright side, it adds great coverage! It's gives that smooth, finished look and works well alone, or over foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by GlamFann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is very bad, I have sensitive acne prone skin and it totally broke me out in the course of the two days I was using it. It is very chalky and comes off very easily. I also noticed after i bought it and used it that it had "Talc" as the main ingredient. Which is most likely the reason why I broke out so quickly. Never buying this again.
That's what i get for not reading the label first so this is going into the trash can. Very dissapointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by oliveyou21

So in general this is a really nice powder! Great for oily skin. The only issue I have with it is that if you apply your blush/bronzer after this powder, the blush/bronzer doesn't go on as well. I guess I will be using this sparingly, since you don't even need a lot to set your foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by KarlieSA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the 010 fair and found that it does match my skin. I like how the finish look is but it does not wear well through out the day. After a couple hours it would chalk up on my skin. I have very dry skin so I rarely use powders. I found I had to press this powder into my skin so that it would last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by ilyxdorkfaceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Photo Ready Powder is makeup I have always been going back to years after years. I always want to try new things, but this is the ONLY powder that i can basically put all over my face with no liquid foundation and it still covers and clears all my acne scars. (which I have a horrible amount of scars) This will not break you out as long as you have the proper makeup remover. I really recommend this makeup to all my friends. And even when people compliment on how clear my complexion is I always tell them to try this stuff out. and plus, if you go during a sale you could get buy one get one half off, who doesn't like sales? Try it! And even if you don't like it I know Ulta and Walgreens for sure offer returns. TO ADD ON: I work 7 to 430 and after work with no touchups my face is perfect.