August 30, 2014 | 1162 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Illusion d'Ombre

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by PlusCelsius

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Purchased this eye shadow in Emerveille to use as a highlighter. The container has a generous amount of powder to last months. The color looks prettier on than in the container. I shied away from this shadow because of the amount of shimmer but when persuaded to "try" the color, I was pleasantly surprised. It blends beautifully...almost too beautifully, one needs to be a bit heavy handed to apply the shadow for true color. The creamy, powdery texture doesn't last long, but with any powder shadows, this can be helped with adding water to the texture to bring out the color and wear. For me, the color alone is worth reapplying whenever it fades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have it in shade 82 (Emerveille). I love the peachy color, it brings out the green in my eyes. But I did have a problem with its poor lasting power until I tried this trick: I use a wet synthetic flat brush, I pick up some Emerveille and then some (any) powder eyeshadow, and my eye makeup lasts until I remove it hours later without smudging or smearing. It is amazing! Why don't Chanel guys tell you to use it that way from the start? It would save my some disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Jekini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

At first I bougt Diorshow fusion mono, which appeares very similar. My disapoitment was undiscribeable.
After that I went to the store and bougt this.
I apsolutley LOVE IT!
Recomend it to everyone.....
Colors are beutiful, it lasts very long, it aplies nicely, it doesnt iritate my eyes and i deeply recomend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by slim5555

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just purchased in Convotise and I love it, I pair it with Epatant and these two shadows bring out the gold in my brown eyes. I also bought Joues Contrast in their newest color, Accent it looks soft and ashey but really shows up on my skin, I am medium fair ansd have a lot of yellow in my complexion, I believe a NC42-45, I used this blush with a fluff brush and placed in the eye socket just beneath the orbital bone, so those three things and my cheapo( $1.99)Jordana felt tip black eyeliner traced into the lash line and I am done. These shadows as well as the blush has been on for over 10 hours, I just took a shower but did not wash my face and all the color is STILL there. So even though Chanel is expensive out of the gate, in the long run it is a true bargain. I should add that I am no spring chicken, almost 60 ! yikes that was hard to write.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought the color Illusoire, which is a lovely amazing color. But this stuff doesn't last but an hour on my eyelids no matter how much priming I do to get it to stick.. I wind up with creases almost immediately! WOW, that's fast Chanel, for a formula that you charge almost 40 dollars for and you've smacked a LONG WEAR label on it. Of course, once it starts creasing then it fades, by the afternoon, you cant even tell I put on any eyeshadow with the exception of MAYBE one or two stray glints of glitter in the corner of my eye. The brush is a little stiff and should only be used it you want to use it as an eyeliner because attempts to use it to blend or add more color to the lid result in uneven application, however this all depends on whether or not you can get it to stay put.

This eyeshadow makes me so sad, the color is so beautiful with dark brown eyes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Lilly13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Illusion d'Ombre Eyeshadow in the shade - Illusoire: I LOVE this shadow and I rarely say this! Everytime I use it, I swear to myself that I should use it everyday, but I'm even too lazy to apply this (and it's pretty simple to apply) on certain days and want a "clean" look on other days. This shade is that perfect mix of taupe/purple/grey that is impossible to pin down (which I love in a shade). I have light golden brown, warm eyes and it really offsets them perfectly and gives me a super easy, effortless smokey eye. Depending on how much you apply dictates daytime/office appropriate or evening only. It's classy though - no way around that. Applies so easily with just a flat, synthetic eyeshadow brush and can give you a smudgey eyeliner look along the bottom lashes too, with ease. For me, it lasts all day with no creasing, but I DO use UDPP and I DON'T have exceptionally oily lids and am careful not to apply too much eye cream around my eyes in the a.m. before make-up. Love THIS! Expensive but worth it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Yes2289

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE! Go to eyeshadows. Seriously, probably favorite eyeshadows of all time. Always get compliments when I wear them. I own 3 colors. I was honestly never a big fan of cream/mousse shadows because they crease and don't have much pigment but Chanel made me into a believer. They're super smooth on application and dry as a powder. And they're super long lasting. Only con is that they do seem do dry out and flake a little after a while, however only one that I own has does that. I highly recommend checking these out. They are pricy but completely think it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I own 4 of these. Reference point: Tan skin, blue eyes - NARS Barcelona/Syracuse, Armani #7, MAC NC ~35.

- Mirifique, the multi color shimmery black - can be used all over the lid for an intense smokey eye, sheerly worn all over the lid, or used as a liner.
- Epatant, (very unique color), taupe greenish silver gold? google the swatches. it's the coolest color ever - hard to describe.
- Emervellie, champagne-y soft peach. (least unique, but I promise you will most likely use all of this up!)
- Ebloui, burgundy brown with red undertones (brings out blue eyes beautifully)

The colors are all beautifully done and very unique. Some colors may look intimidating but they look beautiful on skin - you will not look like you caked make up on and it will never look like 'too much'. The finishing effect is very different that anything else. It looks very high fashion, very editorial, very chic, young, and sexy. The only times I have ever seen this glossy effect is when I apply ~4 different eyeshadows - cremes and powders combined. Illusion d'Ombre is one of the only products that gives that same effect in just one step (and maybe one crease color!)

Packaging: Jar format. Classic and simple packaging. Cap twists off, revealing the eyeshadow. No issues with it. There is a mini brush included that can be used as an eyeshadow brush (which works great) or as an eyeliner brush (I prefer to use a thinner brush for this for more control).

Product: It's a squishy, mousse eyeshadow. I love that all the colors can be worn sheerly or can be easily build up for a more dramatic effect. I can use all of them as eyeliner as well as shadow. I've only used them with an eyeshadow primer and I have never applied eyeshadow over them (just in the crease). All of them have lasted all day without creasing, moving, or smearing - even in 95 degree weather, beach days, exercise.. etc.

I've only experienced fallout with Mirifique. The fallout occurs like 1/10 times and it's so subtle a dab of foundation and concealer will fix it which is AMAZING considering that I've had fallout so horrendous with other black shadows! (as in I cannot apply my foundation before finishing my eyes or it will be ruined)

I apply these over my primer. I either use the the brush included, my fingers, or a flat synthetic brush. All of these methods work just as well, I alternate depending on whatever is the easiest. Of course, for the sake of having to wash my hands - I'll use a brush for the darker colors. With the darker colors start out with a tiny bit of product (a lot goes a long way). Note: These shadows do tend to dry very quickly so make sure you apply and blend quickly.

Cons: Price - although I've used all of these so frequently and I still have so much product left. I've had mine for a long time and I find that over time (~1 year) they tend to dry out and become crumbly in texture. Make sure you tightly close the jar after each use to avoid this. I've added Embryolisse or Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Creme to bring back life to my dried out ones.

Ideally, I wish I could give these 4.5 stars (if only the product didn't deteriorate over time :( ). I really don't see any dupes with them - the texture, the application, the colors are all perfection. Overall, you will look like a pro MUA that spent 30 minutes creating this look when you apply these. Try them, you won't be disappointed!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by parlezvousfrancais

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

There was so much buzz when these came out. I was only planning on getting the "Illusoire"(purple) b/c it was deemed "amazing for brown eyes". I also ended up getting the "Emerveille" (gold) as a highlighter, and then I also purchased the "Ebloui" (reddish brown) which was deemed "amazing for green eyes". K, well this is my opinion of purple eyeshadow on brown eyes in general. I think it looks good on darker brown eyed brunettes. If you are a fair, brown-eyed blonde like me, its hard to pull off. I actually found the Ebloui much more complimentary to my eyes (i do have some green in them too) and skin tone. The Ebloui is the one I have used the most. I quit using these for a bit because I do find them difficult to control on my eyelid. I prefer just darker shadow in the corners of my lids, which is impossible to do with this eyeshadow. Its good if you like eye shadow on your entire lid - otherwise forget it. Its brutal to control and the main reason i stopped using it. I did find that the Ebloui did get a bit dried out - when others have said it doesn't dry out with time. Bottom line, nice colors & fun. But depending on what you want they are difficult to control. Extremely pricey as well. I never use the little brush - I found it useless. That said I am eyeing the new black one with sparkles. It's gorgeous! K - obviously I have a "love-hate" relationship with this eyeshadow! LOL!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by AshleyRivers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have four of these & they're just too chunky & glittery. Honestly not worth the $52 each when you can get the Maybelline colour tattoos which are a million times better for $12.