Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer

3.7

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax/Microcristallina Cera/Cire Microcristalline, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing shade selection. Very natural, however, it is far from creaseless. It's very cakey and the creases keep on coming back despite fixing them every 2 hours. Love, love, love the color. I have never found a shade so perfect for me, so it makes sad that the consistency isn't better. Lasted me a year, and decided it was time for a change!

I received a sample of this and thought it was foundation. Soooo, that's how I used it and wouldn't you know, I loved it!!!! (I have dry skin) when my daughter told me it was actually concealer- I didn't believe it. I bought the full size and I use it as my foundation on the inner part of my face. 😊😊

I purchased this at Ulta at the recommendation of a SA. She matched to the lightest she in fair. It looked good in ths store, so I was super excited. However, when I put it on it was super sticky, and did not want to set. I kept having to layer more product, and was confused because the SA kept telling me how little you have to use. However, to get the coverage she had tested on me, she must have used a significant amount.
So, I finally get it to cover circles and set it with a Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. I lightly dust it. It still creases, and it looked cakey after a few hours.

Positives:
Good for dryer skin, has a lot of oil in it.
Is longwearing and waterproof
Has great coverage
Great selection of shades

Cons:
Still creases after a few hours
Can look cakey if not applied carefully. Need to warm up between your fingers and blend it out very good. Blend, blend,blend.

Overall:
It is a good concealer, but didn't work for my needs. I feels that for the price, it just isn't worth it. My Maybelline Luminous Concealer works much better and is a fraction of the cost.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I can definitely see this being a love/hate product. I'm kind of in between on it personally lol. Before buying this BE AWARE it is thick and greasy. If you do not like that -which I know many of you don't- stay faaaar away from this. If used in the wrong way, you will hate this. Even I have made that mistake..But I finally think I have learned how to use this after multiple failed attempts lol

I do not recommend applying this like you do any other concealer. Squeezing out a pump and applying it all under your eyes and to your T-zone is probably a bad idea, at least from my experience. You will probably be applying way too much and it's just too greasy and doesn't set well on the face for that purpose. If used that way, you will probably see this start to fade quickly and ugly around your nose, under your chin, and on your forehead. For those areas, as well as for spot treating pimples, I recommend using a different concealer!

Now for SPECIFICALLY under your eyes this is a great product. I recommend squeezing out a tiny bit onto your hand and gently warming it up with your finger. Then dab a small amount under each eye (I do three dots ). From there you can blend it in with your finger, a beauty blender is okay but not ideal, or a flat brush.
Now you will neeeed to set it! I recommend a translucent powder or a brightening powder. Trust me, I have dry skin and I still set it lightly. It's also great to use this with baking!

This product is great for dryer under eyes and really doesn't crease or has very minimal creasing. It's a bit picky in how it can be used, but if used correctly it's an awesome product!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Holy cow this stuff is THICK! This is the product I use when I'm beating my face. Otherwise, it kind of is ridiculous for an everyday wear. It's just crazy heavy. With this product, I've learned that a little goes a long long way. I have to say that it's great coverage for my under eyes but it's just so hard to work with! It's best used with your fingertips or beauty blender. Also I make sure to set it with a finely milled powder like the Ben NYE banana powder. Truthfully I will not repurchase this product. It's way too heavy for an everyday wear.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I HAVE SUPER OILY SKIN & BECAUSE IT'S CREASLESS & WATERPROOF & FULL COVERAGE AS WELL IA THE REASON I TRIED IT OUT. IT APPLIES NICELY AND COVERS GREAT. AFTER A WHILE IT STARTS TO FADE. AT THE END OF THE DAY THE SPOTS I HAD COVERED SHOWED COMPLETELY AS IF I HAD NO CONCEALER! & I WEAR PRIMER UNDER MY MAKEUP AND HIGH END MAKEUP FOR MY SKIN TYPE. SO I'M SORRY GIRLS THIS IS NOT AT ALL GOOD IF YOUR OILY. EVEN IF YOUR NORMAL BECAUSE IT FADES. I REALLY HOPED I WOULD LIKE IT BUT IT'S NOT FOR ME.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have loads of concealers... From drugstore to high end... And this one is my absolute stand out favorite! It is thick, so be warned... And you do not need to use a lot. If you use too much, I guarantee you will NOT like the results. What I do is squeeze a tiny bit out on my ring finger and dot it on under my eye. This allows the product to warm up a bit and makes blending it easier. Then I use a makeup brush (the sigma precision 3DHD is my fave for the job) to smooth it out and slowly blend it upward. It's important to go in different directions so that the concealer does not sink in to any fine lines you may have. But this is the case with all thicker concealers. Also, another really important step is to immediately set the concealer with powder. Most of the time I do the baking method with Ben nye luxury powder, but any loose setting powder that doesn't oxidize will do the trick.

If you take a bit of time to apply this correctly, I think you will really come to love this product. It stays in place on me all day, and it does not crease or settle into my fine lines. It has excellent coverage and a really nice and natural finish.

If you prefer working with thinner concealer formulas, I'd recommend Nars concealer for high end, or maybelline Fit me concealer for drug store. But I honestly like this product better than both of those really good products and I will absolutely repurchase this without any hesitation at all!!! I do hope this helps!

This has become my HG concealer. It is very thick and almost oily at first, hence the maracuja oil, but once this is locked in with a powder, it is amazing. The coverage is wonderful, does not settle into lines, in fact I felt it diffused them. The powder locked it on all day. I did not need any touch ups which is crazy, because I always do with any other concealer. I took off a couple lippies for packaging. It is so thick that it is difficult to control coming out of the tube, and I feel I have wasted some this way. You could almost put it in a pot of some sort. The price is high, but worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Creaseless?? More like, creasemore!!! After using Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer, this concealer is dead to me. Creates creases like all get out! Stay away so you can avoid looking 20 years older after you put this on! This product is no bueno!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

At first it looks really good, but within an hour it moves and wears out. Not impressive as its not long last lasting at all

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer - detailed user review (4.5 /5) product rating!!! by BeautyAndBrainsLA