December 21, 2014 | 839 users online

Concealers - Tarte - Maracuja Creaseless Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dark circle problem that's why I never bought any low coverage concealer and this tarte one doesn't cover my dark circle at all which really sucks, I don't know why you would buy a concealer that isn't high in coverage

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by evanlami

Let me preface this by saying I have terrible under-eye circles. Due to genetics and health issues, I look like I got punched in both eye sockets every day (this is not an exaggeration--I have been asked more than once if I have black eyes). Not only are the circles under my eye but I also have severe shadows and hyperpigmentation above my eyes as well. Needless to say, it's really frustrating to have this issue and I have a very hard time finding a heavy duty concealer that works for me. At the suggestion of friends and Ulta salespeople, I've tried both of Benefit concealers (Boi-ing and Erase Paste), and while they gave me okay coverage I found both fell short and faded very quickly. Enter this Maracuja Creaseless Concealer! I tried this at the direction of a salesperson in Sephora. Whoa! This product is thick, as other reviewers have stated, but this really gives it staying power. I have not had an issue with it creasing, which is wonderful. It blends easily and covers my dark circles like no other product I have tried. Unlike other concealers, I only need a tiny dab underneath my eyes. I don't have to use a ton of product to get the results I need. It has a slight brightening tint that actually makes me appear rested (thank heavens!). It doesn't smear or fade like many products I have tried. It also gives me a nice dewy look and it is also great to use to cover blemishes. It has a sticky consistency, which may turn off some people but I have used that to my advantage (staying power, like I said!). All in all, I am very impressed with this product and it is now my go-to concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by celina5847

HATED IT..CREASED!! BUT, tried it several ways and each time it sucked until i applied it with a damp beauty blender and set it with ben nye. I have a sample from Sephora that will last a super long time because you ONLY have to use an Itty bitty amount.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Snidera

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried this because I really like the clay foundation. Was very disappointed. It is by no means creaseless. It is thick and very, very, oily which seemed to contribute to the fact that it wanted to reside in my creases! Took it back. Sorry.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by cj917

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this concealer after a rep at Sephora encouraged me to try tarte cosmetics as I expressed to her that I have dry and sensitive skin. I tried this for the first time today and broke out in tiny little pimples on all of the areas I applied it. Beware if you have sensitive skin! it does in fact have silicone in it!! Additionally, like other reviewers mentioned, it is quite thick and hard to work with.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Lashaye16

Taking this back! This is horrible it's crap! It's super OILY! And you can feel it! I don't care if it's waterproof and all that jazz it sucks! This is a horrible product! I don't even want to talk about blending! Hell thats impossible with this!!!! Don't buy don't buy don't buy! Still on the hunt for a holy grail concealer!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by julia19ae

Slightly thick/sticky. Good coverage for my sensitive skin. Creamy but not too bright - blends nicely under my eyes. -my mother, light/medium skin with yellow undertones, dark circles, green eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Ctimbrooks

This concealer is a touch on the sticky side, and very thick. I usually mix 1 part tarts concealer with 1 part foundation to thin it out and help the colors to mesh better, and I find that that helps a lot. Never creases, lasts all day for me. I like the super dewy finish, it doesn't bother me because I apply a poser over top of it. It covers both acne and under eye circles well. Overall, I haven't found a concealer yet that I like better, so I'll likely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by rusana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far, the best I've found for the prominently visible veins under my eyes. The shades could be a problem for some, but I found my match. Happy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

6) Improving skin tone, texture, and moisture: N/A
7) imparts bright, dewy finish: true
8) Ideal for masking imperfections/acne: False

Packaging:
Comes in a little squeeze tube, soft plastic, easy to squeeze product out. Overall had no issues with packging, although sometimes it dispensed too much. Was easy enough to force it back in though.

Formula:
A very emollient, creamy, sticky concealer. Has a dewy appearance, does feel somewhat thick but easily blendable. No obvious fragrance detected.

Performance:
Just didn't work for me. I bought this hoping it could double as an under-eye and face concealer, but in both respects it was a bust. For my face, it just stayed way too sticky. Even after powdering I could feel how sticky and thick it was, which made it feel uncomfortable on the skin. It reminded me of why I stopped wearing foundation years ago, and why I have not tried venturing back into liquid makeup again. Coverage was pretty decent though, but not quite where I needed it to be, especially since it's not something that can be easily built up due to the sticky texture.
For undereye area, it actually felt fine, and I would have kept it for this purpose, but it was too slick. So it could wear away more easily (and I've never really had a problem with undereye concealer fading). When I applied powder on top, my dark cirlces because visible again.
I also dont' think my skin loved it with respect to pimples. Nothing serious, but still an annoyance.

Bang for your Buck:
$29 here in Canada for 0.28oz. It is a bit steep for what you get, but not much is needed per use. However, since the tube is mostly filled with air, I do think that purchasers might feel ripped off.

Final Consensus:
I really wanted to love this! It was a very close colour match for my skin, generous amount of product - especially since not much is needed per use. But it just feels so uncomfortable on the skin and does not offer the amount of coverage I wanted or need. Would still recommend to those with drier skin, but get a sample first.
* Overall Rating: 2/5