November 26, 2014 | 1020 users online

Concealers - Tarte - Maracuja Creaseless Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by cj917

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this concealer after a rep at Sephora encouraged me to try tarte cosmetics as I expressed to her that I have dry and sensitive skin. I tried this for the first time today and broke out in tiny little pimples on all of the areas I applied it. Beware if you have sensitive skin! it does in fact have silicone in it!! Additionally, like other reviewers mentioned, it is quite thick and hard to work with.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Lashaye16

Taking this back! This is horrible it's crap! It's super OILY! And you can feel it! I don't care if it's waterproof and all that jazz it sucks! This is a horrible product! I don't even want to talk about blending! Hell thats impossible with this!!!! Don't buy don't buy don't buy! Still on the hunt for a holy grail concealer!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by julia19ae

Slightly thick/sticky. Good coverage for my sensitive skin. Creamy but not too bright - blends nicely under my eyes. -my mother, light/medium skin with yellow undertones, dark circles, green eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Ctimbrooks

This concealer is a touch on the sticky side, and very thick. I usually mix 1 part tarts concealer with 1 part foundation to thin it out and help the colors to mesh better, and I find that that helps a lot. Never creases, lasts all day for me. I like the super dewy finish, it doesn't bother me because I apply a poser over top of it. It covers both acne and under eye circles well. Overall, I haven't found a concealer yet that I like better, so I'll likely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by rusana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far, the best I've found for the prominently visible veins under my eyes. The shades could be a problem for some, but I found my match. Happy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

6) Improving skin tone, texture, and moisture: N/A
7) imparts bright, dewy finish: true
8) Ideal for masking imperfections/acne: False

Packaging:
Comes in a little squeeze tube, soft plastic, easy to squeeze product out. Overall had no issues with packging, although sometimes it dispensed too much. Was easy enough to force it back in though.

Formula:
A very emollient, creamy, sticky concealer. Has a dewy appearance, does feel somewhat thick but easily blendable. No obvious fragrance detected.

Performance:
Just didn't work for me. I bought this hoping it could double as an under-eye and face concealer, but in both respects it was a bust. For my face, it just stayed way too sticky. Even after powdering I could feel how sticky and thick it was, which made it feel uncomfortable on the skin. It reminded me of why I stopped wearing foundation years ago, and why I have not tried venturing back into liquid makeup again. Coverage was pretty decent though, but not quite where I needed it to be, especially since it's not something that can be easily built up due to the sticky texture.
For undereye area, it actually felt fine, and I would have kept it for this purpose, but it was too slick. So it could wear away more easily (and I've never really had a problem with undereye concealer fading). When I applied powder on top, my dark cirlces because visible again.
I also dont' think my skin loved it with respect to pimples. Nothing serious, but still an annoyance.

Bang for your Buck:
$29 here in Canada for 0.28oz. It is a bit steep for what you get, but not much is needed per use. However, since the tube is mostly filled with air, I do think that purchasers might feel ripped off.

Final Consensus:
I really wanted to love this! It was a very close colour match for my skin, generous amount of product - especially since not much is needed per use. But it just feels so uncomfortable on the skin and does not offer the amount of coverage I wanted or need. Would still recommend to those with drier skin, but get a sample first.
* Overall Rating: 2/5
* Price: 4/5
* Packaging Quality: 2/5
* Repurchase: No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by LWLook

Ugh.
I wanted to like this.
I'm still trying to like this.
But it's so.... shiny... and sticky...
Like lipgloss shiny and sticky that belongs on your mouth.
At a club.

I drew the line when eyeshadow fallout and fuzz from my shirt would be stuck to it two hours in.
So I matted it down a little with some translucent powder, but then it starts creasing and looses most of the luminosity that made it somewhat bearable.

For the price and the effort, it just doesn't seem worth it.
On a sidenote, if anyone knows of a product similar to Lorac's discontinued Coverup concealer in C1, please please please let me know.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by SDnicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this product, I hated it. I thought it was way too cakey and just horrible, so I threw it in a drawer and didn't touch it until a month ago, when I rediscovered it. When I picked it up again, I figured I might as well try it to see if I can get it to work, and boy did it work. The shade I have is a little light for my skin, but it's the perfect colour for under my eyes. However, when I used it before, I was dotting it under my eyes, and I also didn't realize how dry my skin was back then. Now, that I put vaseline under my eyes every night so that they're really moisturized, it works perfectly. The trick is you need to get a small, dense concealer brush (mine was $3 from elf), put some concealer on the back of your hand and brush it under your eyes, then tap it with your ring finger to blend it out. Now that I've done that, you can't even tell I'm wearing concealer under my eyes! The reason I use such a full coverage concealer such as this one, is because my under eyes are terrible bluish purple things that look HORRIBLE. But when I'm wearing this, it definitely improves them a LOT. Plus, it's going to last me forever, since you don't need much product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by osomao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This concealer covers well and stays put like no other concealer I've tried (and I've tried a LOT). That being said, it's super tacky and never really dries - it stays "wet"/glossy-looking which not everyone will like. I have very, VERY dark, purple under eye circles, and because of it's lasting power, I have a feeling i'll stick with this concealer for a while. I've found that the secret to concealer is using a shade that is NOT lighter than your skin color, because let's face it - there is no concealer that doesn't crease. Think about it it: when you use a concealer that is lighter than your skin tone and in collects in the fine lines under your eyes, the creasing is much more visible. If you use a product that is closer to your skin tone, it won't stand out when it gathers in those little lines!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by bebejacket

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was lured by the promise of "creaseless". But I found that it does crease. I was able to reduce the creasing, trying different setting powders on different days. Laura Mercier secret brightening seemed to work best. However, I was still not loving it. Given its very thick, and sticky, dewy, goopy texture, I found it to be only medium coverage.

Sure, you can layer it, but the texture of this concealer is not conducive to layering, its too emollient for that, and it was kind of slide-y, and the wear during the day was not so good. I am tan (NC40) and have very dark undereye circles, and I have used over half of this tube before writing this review.

Not repurchasing