August 21, 2014 | 1851 users online

Concealers - Tarte - Maracuja Creaseless Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by bebejacket

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was lured by the promise of "creaseless". But I found that it does crease. I was able to reduce the creasing, trying different setting powders on different days. Laura Mercier secret brightening seemed to work best. However, I was still not loving it. Given its very thick, and sticky, dewy, goopy texture, I found it to be only medium coverage.

Sure, you can layer it, but the texture of this concealer is not conducive to layering, its too emollient for that, and it was kind of slide-y, and the wear during the day was not so good. I am tan (NC40) and have very dark undereye circles, and I have used over half of this tube before writing this review.

Not repurchasing

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by starbuck777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love-hate relationship with this stuff. It's all I've been using for 8 months now. I like that it's not drying. But I sometimes wonder if I'm wiping away the product, then applying to much, and then repeating this cycle to give a less natural look without concealing as much as I want under my eyes. HONESTLY, I WISH A PRO COULD SHOW ME HOW TO TACKLE MY TERRIBLE UNDER EYES WITH THIS STUFF because I might be the problem. I think my Bobbie Brown did a better job concealing, but this does a better job not creasing and subsequently not aging me so... Ugh. I'll keep using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by chua923

I've only worn this for maybe half a week, so maybe I'm jumping the gun on this review... just FYI.

Anyway, I can say that I really like this concealer so far. I used the Mac ProLongwear for the past several years and it was just awful. Maybe it's the fact that the Mac was a liquid, and this is more of a solid/cream, but Mac just slid off my face while the Tarte stays put all day. I put it mostly on my nose (it's always red ugh for whatever reason), and I don't really see it crease. I have pretty oily skin, but I don't think this makes it worse. Haven't broken out yet either which is a big plus! (Knock on wood.)

The only thing I don't like is how it separates in the bottle, and how (based on reviews I've read), there's not a lot of it. When I got it from Sephora, the stuff had already separated in the bottle - I considered returning it, but after a few squeezes, the concealer came out in the right consistency.

I use this under the Hourglass Immaculate and finish with Mac Blot Powder. I really like it! :D

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Annabellagrant

I love tarte cosmetics. But I hate this product. The consistency is weird and it's really hard to get out of the container. And it creases pretty bad. The only thing it does is conceal. But I would rather a concealer that didn't crease under my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Lauren10409

It really doesn't crease! I've tried many under eye concealers and they all seem to sink into fine line which makes me look older. I'm 28 btw. This is a must have. I hope they never stop making it. Note: a little goes a long way! I dab mine on under my eye using my finger. Then I take a foam make up sponge and do a couple fans to keep the shine down. The product is very shiny under the eye but it's worth it because you can get rid of the shine by blotting with a sponge and/or using a finishing powder. I'm pale so I use the lightest shade. In the summer I go up a shade. Sometimes I mix the two.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Makeupliebe

Average concealer. Nothing special. The packaging makes it difficult to squeeze the produce out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by ihushhaters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my fav concealer for my dark undereyes. I also have creases/ crowsfeet and this is the best concealer for that. While there is still creasing, it is still substantially less than any other concealer. It goes on very dewy, but tones down with the right translucent powder. It is best to apply with your index finger. It has a very tacky/sticky consistentcy so using a brush will only cause a big mess on your face. This is only a good undereye concealer. I wouldn't recommend to cover dark spots/splotches on the face. The packaging is deceptive (in a good way) its looks like you've paid all this money for a smal tube that could be used in a month. However I used the same tube for almoat a year and a half. With this product a little goes a long way. A pea size drop or less is all you need! I only wish tarte made more colors. I am a dark skin black woman, so the deep works for me to give that highlighted effect, but due to there being no true match color for me, i cant use it as a daily concealer. That would be my only complaint about the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by ALEXXIS143

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Excellent concealer. I have a lot of veins and blue undertones, bags under my eyes. This concealer will not crease, dry out my skin, in fact it is very moisterizing and almost makes my small lines disappear and definitely covers any discoloration. Lasted all day when applied at 8am and it is now 9pm without setting or retouching. My skin is normal/dry. Very pleased with this product. it is very thick at first, a small amount goes a long way. Will easily melt into skin when applied with your fingers in a dabbing motion. I have found this to be the best way to apply. The color selection is nice I think anyone could find a match. Oh, I also have rosescea on my cheeks and it covers it completely, I added bronzer on top and my skin looked amazing. Will continue to purchase this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an average concealer at best. I have very dark circles and dry under eye skin, so I need a concealer that covers darkness, doesn't dry out my skin or accentuate my dry lines. I felt it concealed the darkness so-so, but it never sets. It feels tacky and looks shiny all day unless I set it with powder. I don't like putting powder under my eyes, so this is a no-go.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by rainmedow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this concealer; it is a good medium coverage concealer that helps moisturize my eyes. The moisturizing is really great. A little goes a looong way with this product, so I actually find it to be priced fairly(~$20-24). I use about a 1 cm line squeezed out from. I dont find it to be sticky to apply if you rub it between your fingers, getting it to body temperature. My Stila blending sponge smoothed it in perfectly after that.

Biggest cons? It doesn't cover well unless you give it a full minute to set, and then carefully pat out the creases that will inevitably form. I have some pretty heavy duty, grad-student-living-on-coffee undereye circles though, so if you just need a slight brightening effect, this should work. The moisturizing effect alone perks up my eyes, so full coverage isn't always needed on the rare occasions that I can sleep.

One added benefit that I didn't expect was that it works WONDERFULLY on the little patches of keratosis pilarsis that I get along my jawline. Not only does it cover them, but it helps to moisturize and fade them. I will repurchase for that benefit alone.

Also, the pigment in their light shade is a true light color, meaning it doesn't make me look jaundiced like so many concealers can. Pale women rejoice!

Pros:
Moisturizing
Matches neutral fair skin tone (light shade)
Unexpectedly good at covering/repairing keratosis pilarsis on face

Cons:
Takes forever to set
Difficult to use the tube the first few times; packaging design flaw
Creases