August 27, 2014 | 1886 users online

Brows - YBF Cosmetics - Universal Taupe Automatic Eyebrow Pencil

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by LyrA236

I have tried this twice now so I gave it my best shot. Both times the pencil oxidized badly and the "lead" broke. I do not see this color as universal. It is OK. Nothing fantastic that I ever need to buy again. The spoolie on the end is just the right size and texture. Points for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by trishag07

This is my go to eyebrow pencil! For the last 3 years, I have been using this pencil every day! The color matches my eyebrows perfectly and it glides on smoothly. I love it because one pencil lasts me 7 months. I will never use another eyebrow pencil again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by PowerFemme

I received this in a Birchbox ages ago, and somehow I still haven't used it up so you get a nice amount of product in this. While I am suspicious of its universal claims, the shade match of Taupe is a surprisingly good one for me. I find the pencil lasts all day yet is easy to blend with the spoolie when first applied. The double ended feature of this product is, for me, the highlight. However, over time one of the end's caps comes off really easily. While I do like this product, I am not so dedicated to it that I won't move on and try something else when I finish it up, especially since none of the stores near me carry YBF and I'd have to go out of my way to find it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Bonba2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This came in a kit, I give Stacy much credit for designing this. I still have eyebrows so it really was not something I needed. However I use the brush end alot. Not so much the pencil end, it does not do anything for my dk. brows.. However if they keep turning grey as they have been, I am sure it will be a better match.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After countless times of watching the ever-entertaining Stacey Scheifflien shilling her YBF beauty products --- especially this "fantastic" Universal Taupe Automatic Eyebrow Pencil, I figured what the heck. She states that it is for ALL color brows. Guess what? It isn't. I never give up hope that somewhere, someone will come up with a great automatic eyebrow pencil in black or charcol and it will be the color of my, and countless of other women with my color hair, of those dark, dark brows.
The good thing about the pencil is that it is packaged very nicely. There is a wirey brush at one end that enables you to brush your brows into a more natural line. The texture and quality of the pencil is fine as well, I pressed very hard on my brow to get the darker color and the tip did not break and the way the pencil applied the product was great. But....taupe is not black and once, again, my brows were not my regular color. I will say this is better than the Anastasia brow pencil. The Anastasia pencil turned my brows ginger. This pencil turned them orangey-brown.
Oh well, if you have lighter brows, I think this is a great product for you..darker than brown--forget it. Stick to the NYX brow powder--it comes in black!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by jedda

It does the job, but it isn't really an amazing product. The color does look good on me, but there are other good brow products in a lower price range. I like the brush on the end, but it isn't worth the extra $. I might buy it again, but I'm not sure.

I also had a problem with the lid coming off of the pencil while it was in my makeup bag. Thankfully, it was completely retracted, because I would have been angry if it had been wasted.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

I got mine from Birchbox. This is so much like the much cheaper Avon Glimmerstick for Brows in Taupe. The color, the automatic feature, the texture. The spoolie brush at the end is nice because it has short bristles. The pencil lead itself broke off easily, and oxidizes on the surface and gets white streaks.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by maneatertm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my HG products. I have never been able to find a shadow, pencil, etc that didnt make my brows look odd. This pencil changed it for me. I cannot live without it. The packaging is nice but you don't get a lot of product. If you use this every day, you might go through 2 pencils a month. But hey... if you really want BEAUTIFUL brows, it just may be worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Lduring21

I really liked this pencil... at first. But the little pencil got stuck in the lid and had to put it in the freezer to get it out and once I did that it wouldn't stay in the tube right. I thought I may have just gotten a bad pencil and I loved the spoolie brush so I decided to order another one and give it another try. Mistake... it did the same thing again... and once I saw how much product I was actually getting for my money, I was very very disappointed. Will not be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by thirdeye32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this. I received this in my Birchbox and I'm so happy. I love eyebrows and this looks very natural. I would use my NYX ash brow powder and I kind of miss it. I'll use that when I want a more dramatic look. This pencil goes on nicely. I wouldn't call it water or rub proof so just remember its on before you go rubbing your eyebrows or something. I have really dark haired eyebrows and it works.