Jessica Simpson - I Fancy You

3.8

I absolutely love this stuff. Of course, it doesn't compare with my high end French bottles but it doesn't have to do so. The packaging is beautiful and the scent is just gourmand enough but also fresh and clean. A male friend hugged me last night and told me I smelled like I just came out of the dryer. Nothing wrong with that! I am a fan.

Ok, so I'm going to take the PROS/CONS approach with this review....

PROS: Really inexpensive
Cute bottle
Mostly inoffensive

CONS: Sharp hairspray opening
Inoffensive = boring
Lasts 2.5 hours with 7 sprays

I was complimented on this one today, but it really didn't do anything for me. It is light, fruity, soft. Doesn't hang around (which can be a good thing, cuz now I get to spray something else on that might be more interesting). That sharp hairspray note is a killer, but thankfully that morphs pretty quickly into fruity-floral territory and I had about a 45 minute window of pleasantness before it descended into pure boring soft dryer sheet scent. My chemistry just does not like this one, that's for sure.
(crosspost)

on 2/1/2015 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wonder if I had a bad bottle or if it simply just wasn't mixing with my chemistry because when I had this all I could smell was tuberose and musk!!!! It didn't smell nice on me at all after the dry down it was almost chemical like bug spray!! Yuck!!

I ended up donating it but no big loss for me since I had gotten this in a set it on clearance the day after Christmas a few years ago for $9.99 at Kmart..

on 3/12/2014 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I got mine at tjmaxx nd is so affordable, for spring n summer I love smelling good

on 1/10/2014 9:28:00 PM

It has a fresh scent, but it is nothing I would repurchase. Smells like laundry detergent mixed in with fruits. (In a good way) Got my bottle of $10 at burlington great deal.

on 6/6/2013 11:30:00 PM

Wow-what a buy! $10 at TJ Maxx. Also a very delightful surprise as I wasn't really expecting to love this, but I do! It's totally pretty and fresh and great for the upcoming warm weather. Doesn't wear you down and it's sweet enough to satisfy my gourmand preferences. This was a good deal all the way around! I would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to smell yummy and girly. After all, who's more girly than Jessica? I just received my first introduction to the Fancy line with a bottle RIS of Fancy Love-which is my favorite. Then I found a bottle of Fancy Nights on sale at CVS-my least favorite. Perhaps she tried to make Fancy Nights more seductive, whatever it was, I didn't love it like I did the Fancy Love which totally delighted me and my husband. Now all I have to do is score a bottle of the first one Fancy and I'll be a happy girl! I'm a 59 yr. old teenager and I love these new fragrances that are popular these days. When I was in my younger years, Poison, Giorgio, Paloma Picasso, and Opium were the heavy hitters. The lighter, more floral and sweet fragrances these days make those seem like wearing lighter fluid! I really do enjoy wearing Jessica Simpson's Fancy collection. If there is anyone out there with a bottle of Fancy who wants to swap-PLMK!!

on 4/3/2013 4:25:00 PM

This is a really simple and fresh scent. I pick up mostly floral notes, if you don't like floral perfumes I would not recommend it. I like pretty much all of the Fancy perfumes from Jessica Simpson and this is probably my second favorite (original Fancy being my first). I think this would be a good scent to wear in the spring and summer, and it reminds me a tiny bit of Marc Jacob's Daisy and one of the Coach floral scents as well (can't remember off the top of my head which one, Poppy maybe?) Like some others have said, staying power is not too bad but not GREAT, in my opinion. I sprayed on 3-4 sprays this morning and the scent lasted 2-3 hours or so. I love the price because I was able to get a big bottle of this for $19.99 at Marshall's. I don't think I would buy this for the full price they sell it for at Macy's or another department store, but if I ran out and happened to see it in Marshall's or TJ Maxx again for the lower price, I'd definitely get it again!

Ordered this at a good price online, beautiful bottle, fresh scent that's pleasant. Not sure that I would purchase again though. Smells very similar to Brittney Spears Curious to me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This perfume smells like shampoo...in the absolute best way possible. It's a very uncomplicated scent. There's a burst of sunshiney fruit notes at the very beginning- apple and pear mostly. Then the floral notes come out. Fragrantica lists them as lily of the valley and hyacinth. I got a lilac vibe from it, but that must have just been from the combination of the other floral notes. There's a singular appeal to this fragrance that is hard to explain. I think it's a balance of elements- the perfume retains a sort of juicy warmth from the background of fruity notes, but also has a very sheer, almost watery quality to the composition (stemming, I think, from the florals and base of white musk) that adds a sort of coolness. The balance of warm and cool is what keeps this fragrance interesting for me. It takes the run-of-the-mill fruity-floral concept and balances the notes in such a way as to create something unique. I'm more of a powerhouse fragrance type of girl, so I don't expect to use this light and pretty fragrance very often, so I don't suppose I'll have the opportunity to repurchase. But it will retain a special spot in my collection and I expect it will be very lovely and refreshing in the spring and summer months.

on 9/17/2011 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am shocked that I purchased this and that I like it so much. Okay, I am a slight perfume snob! Sorry. Anyway, I was shopping for a leather jacket today and the sales assistant was wearing this scent. It was subtle and very feminine and just appealed to me, so I purchased it. I mainly wear Narciso Rodriguez on a daily basis. I Fancy You is just a fresher floral that is undeniably feminine. I spritzed in on hours ago and can still smell it. It is not groundbreaking and original, but it smells really great. Sometimes simple and pretty is nice.

Popular Fragrances