August 29, 2014 | 1776 users online

Toners - Shiseido - Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Balancing Softener Enriched

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

($72/10oz bottle @sephora)
I used a deluxe sample size that lasted me 3-4 months.

Packaging: Not a big fan of glass jars in general (Iím quite careless & a big clutz, so dropping things is common), esp if I wanted to bring this travel size with me on trips. I like how the bottle has a stopper w/ a smaller hole that limits the amount of product that comes out. Iíd rather the product drop out slowly than pour out too much and I end up wasting product. Still, the hole could be slightly larger because the droplets are rather small.

Use: I use about 5 drops & pat it on my entire face after cleansing and toning, just before any other products. It goes on like water & absorbs relatively quickly.

Result: It doesnít have any refreshing feeling or any particular scent. I did not see any changes to my skin, nor did I really feel like my skin felt any different or better after application. Itís hard to judge if an anti-wrinkle product is working or not if you donít have many wrinkles to start with and you are just trying delay their arrival. Perhaps in my late-30s, early-40s, Iíll have to revisit. But by then, thereís probably tons of new products to try instead! For a balancing water, I still have to hand it to Sulwhasoo Basic Line(or essential? The light yellow bottle!) Balancing Water.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by definesinister

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know there are bad reviews of this product, but let me give you my take on it. Overall good points, very soft skin and helped in getting rid of adult cystic acne. At first, I would use other Japanese lines (DHC, Pola) to remove makeup. Nothing helped getting rid of the raised bumps and itchy skin. It wasn't until I started using Lancone Comfort Milky Cleanser to see some results. I ended up getting a gift sample of the benefiance line. I ended up trying it out to see the hype and since then, I haven't turned back. The only drawbacks are price, oilyness by midday on my face, and not being able to remove all traces of makeup even on the second cotton ball. I still see makeup traces even when I use it in the morning!! I may just switch back to the powdery foundation they sell ( had a bad experience before because I didn't remove makeup properly).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this from Santa, and he did not know I have sensitive skin. Therefore, this had too much alcohol for my liking, and provided no benefit at all. Santa got it right by getting me the rest of the line, though... so we are still on good terms. :)

It gets 2 stars because it have lovely packaging and I really wanted to like it. Bottom line, I do not value toners at all. This is no exception. The creams in this line are amazing, however.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by CdnSusen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the Benefiance Softeners! The original was superb, and so far this new, enriched product is brilliant. It's not cheap, but if it's a good as the old softener, it's worth every penny.

I have mature, very dry skin, especially around the eyes. This product, applied on a Shiseido Cotton square (better than any cotton pads or balls by far!) after AM and PM cleansing leaves skin clean, smooth , soft, hydrated and ready to more readily absorb moisturizer (I like Korres). I loved Shiseido Softener for 3 years now. This new Benefiance Wrinkle Resist version is a must try for anyone with dry &/or mature skin. Both thumbs up!!'

EDIT: I'm taking back one thumb, so A Thumb Up. After 1.5 bottles of this softener, my skin has gotten drier & duller. This softener is still the best toner product I've tried (and I've tried at least a dozen). It's not horrible or a total waste of money by any means, but it's mediocre, and therefore way over-priced. I'm SO disappointed. I'm now researching replacements for this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the new repackaged, reformulated Benefiance toner. That being said this is much more moisturizing than the original version (which I've also used previously). This keeps my skin just as clear as the pre-reformed product but adds a bit too much moisture. I bet the reformed regular balancing toner would be perfect but the girl at Dillard's gave me the wrong one and I didn't notice for a few weeks. I can't deduct points for how moisturizing this is because that is what it's supposed to do! I'll love it come winter but I'm still pretty happy with it in the Texas summer. I have combo (dry cheeks, oily t zone), sensitive and acne prone skin. I use the benefiance wrinkleresist extra creamy cleansing foam with this and then The Skincare Day Moisture SPF 15 and my skin looks so smooth and clear. Whenever I veer from Shiseido skincare I regret it! Especially the benefiance toner, it makes a huge difference in how my skin looks and feels.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by MulanDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I used the Enriched version (couldn't find it in the product list here) and it had a ton of alcohol, so it made me pretty oily. My skintone looks a little better while I use it, but it has a ton of yellow coloring (can see it on the cotton ball I use when cleansing), so I suspect it's just because it ADDS color to face. When I stop using it, my skin tone is like regular days. lol.
Ingredients (note that the non-Enriched version has quite different ingredients): Water, Alcohol Denat., Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Methyl Gluceth-10, PEG/PPG-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, PEG-6, PEG-32, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Serine, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Thiotaurine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, PPG-13-Decyltetradeceth-24, Sodium Citrate, Dimorpholinopyridazinone, Citric Acid, Alcohol, Trisodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Ci 14700, Ci 47005