September 22, 2014 | 1963 users online

Foundations - Philosophy - Divine Illumination Cream to Satin

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Philipmom02

I've been playing around with this compact for a couple weeks now. I have to admit I like it. I've always been a powder girl. Liquids and me never get along. So I thought I'd give this a shot. Its a very picky foundation and you have to apply it a certain way to get it perfect. You have to apply while your moisturizer is STILL DEWY or it will dry up and go into lines. Also I suggest using your fingers or a sponge. The brush is ok, but you have to really buff the product in or you will have remaining lines. This is not a quick apply foundation, nor a touch up product IMO.

Apparently a lot of reviews on QVC show people can't open the container...YOU HAVE TO TWIST IT like a jar. It's actually a great container since it keeps the product air tight and keeps from drying out. After a couple minutes I like to go over it with a light powder. I have normal to combo skin so I don't have much issues with it falling off during the day. They specifically state you need to apply it over moisturizer, so if you are oily and need a primer, I'm not sure how it will apply.

It is supposed to have anti aging properties, but I haven't noticed much change. Perhaps it is just the higher sunscreen (spf 25). Which is why i initially wanted the product. As for shades, I ordered in the LIGHT. I have read that the colors run light, but for me this worked well since i apply a very light application. (I'm about NW15, and wear Natural Ivory in the Supernatural, and Neutral Fair in Clinique Almost powder) If you are not sure maybe try a shade darker since it does fade into skin pretty well.

My skin feels soft and light and while it does feel heavier than my usual powder, it is not uncomfortable for me. I will have to come back and add to the review once I've had more full days of wear for the skin benefits and duration of wear. I gave it 4 stars only for the specific application of the product and the extreme cost (for me this was a splurge!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 5:07:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My great friend from the U.S. cp'd me this. I am really so glad am able to get my hands on this. This is a super nice product ! This glides on satiny smooth to the skin and easy to blend, very llightweight and I don't feel it on my skin. It gave the most airbrushed finish and really makes pores less visible. I think there is nothing else like this (aside from La Mer Skincolor Foundations). I got the color medium to tan which is tad light on my NC40, but it blends to my skin after a few minutes yet it is still a bit light for my skintone, it is still wearable, though. I would like to try the color Tan next time. The packaging is adorable. Illegant. Black compact with a mirror and a brush which is very useful. the brush really picks up the product and apply the foundation well and evenly. twist lock compact which is airtight to keep the product fresh. Price is $39 at QVC. This might be my next HG foundation