December 21, 2014 | 889 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Mimosa pour Moi

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

Simple, very beautiful. That is, if you like this little, fragile looking flower because Mimosa pour Moi is a rather realistic representation of it with its pastel green stems. It is quite linear on my skin and I like it so. It's a calming, serene fragrance that doesn't project a lot, but neither does it go downhill if I spray a bir more than usual. Lasting power is not bad on my skin. I wear it in all seasons but its best friend is a wide brimmed hat.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by tigeygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of my top go to summer fragrances. Light and sweet yet refreshing. I can't stand a heavy fragrance when the temperature soars above 90! It's so lovely. The only downside is the fairly poor lasting quality...and the price tag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by alba75

Mimosa Pour Moi is light transparent floral. Blackcurrant buds give a woody touch to this fragrance enhancing a herbal earthy smell of mimosa. Violate leaves provide a delicate limpid floral accord.
On a different note, I have to say that the silage is rather unimpressive.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by cafebizarre

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a pretty and refreshing fragrance, but it doesn't really stand out. I don't get the strong melon-y top note like most have noted, although it is definitely there. It sort of reminds me of detergents scented with mimosa. Maybe that's why it doesn't feel as special, but just feels sweet and clean. I probably should have tried a sample before purchasing the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by foe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mimosa/cassie is one of those notes that just does it for me. Mimosa pour Moi, Frederic Malle Une Fleur de Cassie, Champs Elysees by Guerlain: I love them all and they figure amongst my most complimented fragrances. Even my SO likes this and that's really saying something, he never notices fragrances.

Mimosa pour Moi is simply a lovely fragrance. It's soft but not powdery, girly and - I'm not quite sure how else to say this - quite pure. It's not deliberately trying to tempt or seduce anybody but its sheer un-self-consciousness (hopefully that's a word) can't help but draw others in. Sort of like the way that guys tend to come up to you most when you're the bar or club just having a good time with your girlfriends. In terms of its progression, the mimosa starts out strong but within an hour or so an almond note comes out on me. While it's not necessarily the ride I signed up for with the topnotes - other than Angel, I'm not wild about food fragrances - it's still darn nice. Artisan perfumes aren't known for longevity but I find that Mimosa pour Moi sticks along longer than, say, La Chasse aux Papillons.

Though I tend to think of Artisan fragrances as soft on sillage, people do notice this when I wear it. It projects but not too far so I do think it's appropriate for the office. At the very least, it's not a fragrance that's going to bother anybody. While Mimosa pour Moi isn't necessarily my favorite of the mimosa/cassie fragrances I know (that honor belongs to the complex beauty of Une Fleur de Cassie), it's definitely the most wearable - which is why I have a full bottle of it whereas survive on 10ml decants of the Malle.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Whiffnotes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a perfume I would call pretty because everything about it is pretty. The soft, green opening, the milky, dewy middle notes and its capacity to stay close, real close to the skin as it finally decides to settle. It's a whisper of a mimosa, and on me, the whisper lasted almost five hours on a humid Los Angeles afternoon. Perfumes don't always have to be beautiful, sometimes, in this sweltering California summer, pretty is cool enough for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by rlikestosmell

Let's start with the general premise: I'm bad at flowers. I know very little about them; I can't identify more than 10 by sight and far less than that by sniff. So when I think of a mimosa flower, it crosses in my brain with a Sunday brunch beverage... and somehow I expected this perfume to smell like a cross between freesia and a tangerine.

But this is actually quite soft and lovely. It smells like soft baby bunnies and freshly washed babies and spring breezes and air dried linens.... all over a layer of new grass. Mildly sweet, but ultimately just a kind of soft, pure scent.

I'm not sure if I'm pure and good enough for this scent, but I think I need a decant to find out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by rahatski

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to fall in love with this, and it starts out so delicious and simple and fresh... and then, blargh. Nauseatingly soapy, the simple sweetness changing to a one-note shriek. I've tried repeatedly, same result every time. Must be my chemistry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by lemonkeitj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hometown house has a lot of mimosa trees outside, during the night, the leaves of the trees will be open and the yellow flower will have a really tranquil scent. I like to have a walk and just enjoy the scent at the summer nights. This perfume bring me back the memory because it smells exactly the same as those mimosa trees.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 7:34:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am definitely not a fan of this one. It has a very synthetic floral smell which is rather linear. The aroma is very weak and has no character. Poor staying power. It would be OK as a DS cologne with a matching picetag but I expect a little more sophistication from L'Artisan. I would not purchase a full bottle.