L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity Defying Leave-In Cream

3.3

on 1/15/2015 11:50:00 AM

You only need a little bit of this leave-in cream or your hair will feel greasy. This really does help to control frizz in my fine, dry hair. Contains glycerin, jojoba oil and sunflower oil. I do think this is a great daily conditoiner, but I won't repurchase because I do not like the super strong scent of the Loreal Eversleek line of hair products.

on 12/15/2014 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm not surprised that this product has mixed reviews. When I first got it I hated it. It made my hair greasy and limp and prone to tangling. I almost threw it out. But I guess I was feeling extra stubborn that week or something and didn't, determined to make it work for me. The problem was that I was using too much. I was used to having to slather on product to get enough of it in my long, thick, wavy hair. With this I need just a small amount; maybe a scant 1/2tsp. I work it into wet hair and then let it sink in for 10 or 20 minutes before blow drying (longer if I have the time). Usually my hair a tiny bit frizzy after blow drying so I'll do a quick spritz of J&J No More Tangles before I brush it out. But seriously, this gives me silky, amazingly soft hair, especially paired with my favourite Sauve Keratin Infusion shampoo and conditioner. Because of how little I have to use a bottle will last me months, since I only wash my hair every other (or every 3rd) day.

on 3/13/2014 3:17:00 AM

My hair is medium length and layered. It's coarse, thick, wavy, and dull. This is the only product that makes it shinier, healthier-looking, and provides a bit of hold so it's not so frizzy. I wash my hair 2-3 times a week, using either a vegan shampoo or dandruff shampoo. After I get out of the shower, I rub one pump of this creme between my hands and scrunch it through my hair, concentrating on the ends (don't put it on your roots). I don't straighten or curl my hair, so this product accentuates the natural waviness and gives my hair volume, shine and texture. Almost like a gel, but not crispy. Also, I live in the desert, so this is good for dry weather as well. I would recommend this to people who have medium-long, thick, and wavy hair.

on 12/24/2013 6:44:00 AM

Not great for softness.But it's not particularly moisturizing. In fact, it makes my hair feel a little dry and stiff.

on 11/27/2013 8:13:00 AM

I really like this product, which is why I am surprised that there are a lot of people who don't. Then again, some products just don't work for some people, and I respect that. (Even the most popular products don't work for some people.) Anyway, this is a very creamy leave-in conditioner that completely eliminates my frizz and leaves my wavy hair so smooth and shiny! It has no silicone which is great; this doesn't leave hair feeling heavy. There are some oils in the ingredients, but I found that they do not make hair oily (but you really should not put any products containing oil anywhere near your roots anyway). The oils are actually moisturizing and help the hair look shiny and smooth. Use only a small amount, you definitely should not use too much. (However, I once put a bit too much and the oily look was gone within a few hours.) I get little, if any, tangles with this, and if I put this on damp, freshly washed hair at night and sleep with it on, I wake up to more defined waves! Also, it smells quite lovely, and it isn't too expensive. It's the only leave-in cream I use.

I got this on sale, thankfully. I live in a humid swamp town, and while I guess this might help a tiny bit, it doesn't help enough to make it worth it. Especially since it leaves my hair feeling downright awful. It leaves my hair feeling sticky and dry. Maybe it's because I rinse my hair with cold water, which seals the pores, and it turn doesn't allow the product to penetrate well enough? This isn't for me.

on 6/20/2013 10:56:00 AM

I really like this leave-in cream. First of all, I almost always let my hair air-dry. My hair is a little longer than shoulder-length, thick and naturally a little bit wavy. So air drying without any product is sort of a disaster. This cream is exactly what I need to fight the frizz and smooth my hair without weighing it down, and I love that it's available at the drugstore! One pump is just enough and I work it in from the middle of my hair to the ends and then brush or comb my hair again. Easy peasy. When my hair dries, it's smooth and without any frizzies. I don't apply it to the roots, but I probably could (carefully) to deal with flyaways.

on 6/13/2013 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this stuff and I was afraid I wouldn't, after reading some of the reviews. Almost all the hair products I use now are from the L'Oreal "Ever" lines and I especially like the cleansing conditioners. However, if you use them and are styling with silicone based products, its hard to get your hair clean. My local drug store had the Ever lines on sale and I had a coupon so I figured this was safe to try as I wouldn't be out much money. My hair is very curly, very long and very fine in texture but I have a lot of it. While I get the ends trimmed regularly, they still get dry and this product gives me moisture, like a leave-in conditioner, and fights frizz for me too (and no cones!). The scent is really nice too, compared to a lot of the Ever products- like a very soft, light vanilla or creamy scent.

*Edit to original entry- after using this for quite a while, I noticed that it began drying out my hair which others have noted. It had seemed okay for the first few weeks but now I am not as impressed as I was originally. I took it down to 2 stars from the original 4.

on 6/8/2013 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This made my hair very dry and difficult to comb or style. Why, L'Oreal? Why??

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've recently gone "curly girl" after years of being in denial about having curly/wavy hair, so I'm always on the lookout for products that are both sulfate and silicone free. When I stumbled upon the "EverSleek" line at my local walmart, I was thrilled. It picked this up on a whim as I was just itching to try something new with my hair.

I have only used it a couple times but that has been enough times for me to know that I really like this product. It comes in a plastic round kind of orangey brown bottle and the product is dispensed through a pump. The product itself is a white cream that has a very clean scent. I find one pump to be sufficient for my BSL hair.

I will admit that I don't use this product the way the directions specify. After I've applied my flax seed gel and let my hair sit in a plop for 10-20 minutes, I put one pump into my palm, rub my hands together and scrunch it through my damp hair. Doing this, I have found that the amount of frizz in my hair is reduced. In fact, it rained yesterday and my hair didn't frizz up one bit. This is astounding to me because I have some of the most frizzy hair imaginable, but this in combination with my flax seed gel has left my curls very soft and virtually frizz free. I don't find that this weighs my hair down.

Needless to say, this has quickly become a staple in my hair care routine.

Popular Styling Products