October 24, 2014 | 1973 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - EverSleek Humidity Defying Leave-In Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by aspatia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair is medium length and layered. It's coarse, thick, wavy, and dull. This is the only product that makes it shinier, healthier-looking, and provides a bit of hold so it's not so frizzy. I wash my hair 2-3 times a week, using either a vegan shampoo or dandruff shampoo. After I get out of the shower, I rub one pump of this creme between my hands and scrunch it through my hair, concentrating on the ends (don't put it on your roots). I don't straighten or curl my hair, so this product accentuates the natural waviness and gives my hair volume, shine and texture. Almost like a gel, but not crispy. Also, I live in the desert, so this is good for dry weather as well. I would recommend this to people who have medium-long, thick, and wavy hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by 4ever29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not great for softness.But it's not particularly moisturizing. In fact, it makes my hair feel a little dry and stiff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by dustdrops

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this product, which is why I am surprised that there are a lot of people who don't. Then again, some products just don't work for some people, and I respect that. (Even the most popular products don't work for some people.) Anyway, this is a very creamy leave-in conditioner that completely eliminates my frizz and leaves my wavy hair so smooth and shiny! It has no silicone which is great; this doesn't leave hair feeling heavy. There are some oils in the ingredients, but I found that they do not make hair oily (but you really should not put any products containing oil anywhere near your roots anyway). The oils are actually moisturizing and help the hair look shiny and smooth. Use only a small amount, you definitely should not use too much. (However, I once put a bit too much and the oily look was gone within a few hours.) I get little, if any, tangles with this, and if I put this on damp, freshly washed hair at night and sleep with it on, I wake up to more defined waves! Also, it smells quite lovely, and it isn't too expensive. It's the only leave-in cream I use.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by rilokiley1289

I got this on sale, thankfully. I live in a humid swamp town, and while I guess this might help a tiny bit, it doesn't help enough to make it worth it. Especially since it leaves my hair feeling downright awful. It leaves my hair feeling sticky and dry. Maybe it's because I rinse my hair with cold water, which seals the pores, and it turn doesn't allow the product to penetrate well enough? This isn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by RThorn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this leave-in cream. First of all, I almost always let my hair air-dry. My hair is a little longer than shoulder-length, thick and naturally a little bit wavy. So air drying without any product is sort of a disaster. This cream is exactly what I need to fight the frizz and smooth my hair without weighing it down, and I love that it's available at the drugstore! One pump is just enough and I work it in from the middle of my hair to the ends and then brush or comb my hair again. Easy peasy. When my hair dries, it's smooth and without any frizzies. I don't apply it to the roots, but I probably could (carefully) to deal with flyaways.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff and I was afraid I wouldn't, after reading some of the reviews. Almost all the hair products I use now are from the L'Oreal "Ever" lines and I especially like the cleansing conditioners. However, if you use them and are styling with silicone based products, its hard to get your hair clean. My local drug store had the Ever lines on sale and I had a coupon so I figured this was safe to try as I wouldn't be out much money. My hair is very curly, very long and very fine in texture but I have a lot of it. While I get the ends trimmed regularly, they still get dry and this product gives me moisture, like a leave-in conditioner, and fights frizz for me too (and no cones!). The scent is really nice too, compared to a lot of the Ever products- like a very soft, light vanilla or creamy scent.

*Edit to original entry- after using this for quite a while, I noticed that it began drying out my hair which others have noted. It had seemed okay for the first few weeks but now I am not as impressed as I was originally. I took it down to 2 stars from the original 4.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by JenellaG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This made my hair very dry and difficult to comb or style. Why, L'Oreal? Why??

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by applesaucefireworks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've recently gone "curly girl" after years of being in denial about having curly/wavy hair, so I'm always on the lookout for products that are both sulfate and silicone free. When I stumbled upon the "EverSleek" line at my local walmart, I was thrilled. It picked this up on a whim as I was just itching to try something new with my hair.

I have only used it a couple times but that has been enough times for me to know that I really like this product. It comes in a plastic round kind of orangey brown bottle and the product is dispensed through a pump. The product itself is a white cream that has a very clean scent. I find one pump to be sufficient for my BSL hair.

I will admit that I don't use this product the way the directions specify. After I've applied my flax seed gel and let my hair sit in a plop for 10-20 minutes, I put one pump into my palm, rub my hands together and scrunch it through my damp hair. Doing this, I have found that the amount of frizz in my hair is reduced. In fact, it rained yesterday and my hair didn't frizz up one bit. This is astounding to me because I have some of the most frizzy hair imaginable, but this in combination with my flax seed gel has left my curls very soft and virtually frizz free. I don't find that this weighs my hair down.

Needless to say, this has quickly become a staple in my hair care routine.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by ontheglam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for a month (though not every day) and I still can't tell if I like it or not...
It seems like some days when I use it, my hair feels soft and tamed but then other days it feels sticky and gives my hair a terrible feel. I can definitely say that it hasn't done anything to improve the condition of my hair, and isn't that the point of a leave-in cream anyway?
Probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by zebraa11

I love this product. I know it's not summer and I don't have to worry about frizz anymore, but this definitely works on winter dry hair as well. For those who say that they can tell they have product in: You're using too much. It says to use 1-2 pumps for your hair but i believe 1 pump itself is too much. Less is more with this stuff. I put this in my hair after i've half dried my hair with a drier, and i'll even use some on other days before my next shower if i see that it's looking dry again. I love this stuff. It smells AMAZING too. so many people have complimented me while walking by. I wish this was a perfume scent.