April 24, 2014 | 1886 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Pure Active Exfo-Brusher

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by katieewbyy

I bought this cleanser because my friend recommended me it while I was struggling to buy a good cleanser. She said that it works really great on her skin so I bought it as we have the same skin type. I was looking forward to using this product, the packaging looked different. The first time I used it I was pleased, my skin didn't feel tight, it didn't flake, it was refreshing and it faded some of my spots near my nose after 5 days. Then a week later, I started breaking out really bad, I started to get blackheads on my forehead and more on my nose as well as red spots. I was really disappointed because on the packaging it says "visibly reduces shine" but it made my skin (especially nose) more shiner. But, I did like the exfo-brusher as it cleared my makeup off really well.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by eilidh323

I bought this product out of sheer desperation as my regular product was out of stock in the shops and I had just had a spot breakout. The exfoliating bristles look rough but are actually quite soft on the skin and the gel wash has a nice tingly feel about it after you use it. It made my skin smoother and tighter but it didn't improve my spots at all. It didn't make them worse but there was no change in redness or size which was a bit of a letdown. The brush is also quite awkward to use as you have to twist it really quickly so that the product doesn't drip anywhere. It is a good exfoliator but it doesn't fight spots like it claims on the packaging (at least not on my skin).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great stuff! Though the cleanser is a bit drying (I follow up with a rich moisturizer after using this), this definitely made an impact on my sensitive skin. Cleared up my skin and it's all glowy. The silicone brush is gentle yet effective and great for sensitive skin BUT be sure to cleanse it thoroughly with hot water and/or sanitize before using otherwise you may end up with break-outs cause of the bacterias who may accumulate on the silicone bristles.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:59:00 AM More reviews by hira287

Makes my skin feel tight and dry after use. But I've noticed that it's cleared up my skin in the last few weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by sallyfielding

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product! I have dry skin year round and have tried multiple different exfoliating products which never really do the job as well as this does. The silicone brushes on this product work so well at removing stubborn dry skin, but you definitely need to thoroughly clean them after each use. Overall it's super easy to use and is definitely one of my favourite exfoliators.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by SophieAnne

I actually bought this product based on a friend's recommendation, and I'm so glad I did! My skin felt smoother from the first use and although I've only been using it a week, there has been a big difference in my overall skin. This product isn't a miracle worker but it's about as close as I've come to one!

Without moisturising, it will leave your face feeling tight and maybe a little dry, I use Garnier's Hydrating Day Cream and it works fab. The only reason I haven't given it 5stars is because it's caused dry skin around my nose that only a different exfoliator gets rid of.

I've recommended this to just about everyone that asks me why my face has started glowing!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by JustmeeeUK

This product is brilliant, my skin feels so smooth from as soon as I've used it. I wouldn't say I've noticed a massive difference to my pores YET but my face feels and looks so much cleaner. It does feel quite tight after, but that's without moisturising, so can be easily fixed. But I think the product can be quite expensive for what it is, but i got it on offer so very happy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by glossygloss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***This review is after having just used it once***
OK, I just used this product and felt compelled to write a quick review because my skin has never felt so soft! I literally cannot stop stroking my nose. It use to feel horrible with clogged pours and I've always hated it. I've used countless exfoliators, blackhead removers and pour strips but this is the best it has ever looked/felt. I found the application pretty simple but that might be because I did a bit of research into the product before using it. I think it's quite expensive at it's full price for what it is, but I got it on offer for under 5 in superdrug so I think that's a very reasonable price. Very happy with this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Lise1995

Just an ordinary cleanser. But the brush makes it ten times worse. It will get full with bacteria which causes acne.
It smells like detergent.
Not worth your money!!
If you wanna exfoliate your skin just BUY A CHEMICAL/FRUITACID peeling !!!!!!!=>www.makeupartistschoice.com

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by MariaOwusu92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really like this product, it exfoliates well and my skin looks so much fresher and have received comments from my friends on my skin since using it