September 18, 2014 | 1816 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Christian Dior - DiorSkin Nude Glow - Healthy Glow Complexion Enhancer

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by mg86

This is a color-correcting primer with a formula very similar to the DiorSkin Nude liquid foundations. In short if you don't like those, you won't like this - the texture is almost identical: thin, quick to set, and non-drying. It sinks in to the skin very well which makes a nice contrast to silicone-based primers which never really fully absorb.

Despite the bright apricot color this product has no more coverage than any other primer and certainly less than a tinted moisturiser. The only thing it will cancel out is light sallow tones, but because it is so sheer you may still need color correction around your eyes and mouth. On the flip side, because it is so sheer this product should work for most skin tones. I myself am pale and cool, yet I don't think this is too much for me - it blends in nicely with my natural color and gives a radiant glow which some non-pigmented primers promise but never seem to deliver. I mainly use this mixed with my normal medium-full coverage foundation, but since it is summer I can also get away with using it as Dior intended: as a base with the foundation on top. The key for me is to blend carefully around the edges of my face, but if you are naturally darker skinned you can probably get away with more.

This is a nice alternative to traditional bronzers and shimmer, as you will get a beta-carotene type glow rather than a sun-baked one. It's the sort of look you would get from eating all your veggies and drinking enough water, which think makes it a bit unique as far as glow products go.

As a primer, it seems to work fairly well at keeping make up in place on hot days. That said I do get a bit oily with this, so I imagine this product may cause more problems than it's worth for people with oily skin.

I am happy I purchased this product but for what it is the price is a bit steep (28.50 GBP) - at the end of the day it is Dior I suppose. I recommend this for people who love the DiorSkin Nude range and/or are looking for a non-bronze summer boost.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No