April 17, 2014 | 1821 users online

Blush - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Color Stick -Petal Pink

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Magdusia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favourite blush!! The color (petal pink) is beautiful and as close to my natural flush as I've found so far. It has teeny tiny sparkles in it if you look very closely in the packaging, but once it's on your cheeks it just creates a subtle sheen. Well, there are some sparse larger sparkles that may show up on the skin (about 2-3 of them per application max) but they can be easily removed if you mind them. Because it's oil-based, it gives your skin a gorgeous dewy look - I can skip the highlighter really. The first dabs of it seem to almost disappear into the skin, so a second layer may be necessary, but the amount of product goes a long way. I've been using this blush about 5 days/week and I've had it for almost 1.5 years.
I also find the ingredients relatively safe (compared to most mainstream blushes).

Petal pink is definitely more natural looking than Nars Orgasm on me. The latter is far too shimmery and the color, though quite beautiful in and of itself, just doesn't give me as much of a pink freshness as the JM Color Stick.

It's nice on the lips too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow! This is the color I've been looking for when I was buying Orgasm, Dollface & so many other blushes. Gorgeous pinky, coral, plum - I'm not even sure how to describe but gorgeous. I have light to med olive skin, brunette hair & dark hazel eyes & I love it on cheeks, lips have even tried a little on the eyes. I don't wear much makeup usually & this is perfect. Undereye concealer, powder over t zone, Petal Pink color stick on cheeks & lips - I look alive, put together & not at all "made up".

I live in a very dry climate so sometimes I use a little Josie Cream Oil while blending on my cheeks & definitely on my lips which are pretty much always a little dry. Smells kind of like tea tree oil but the scent doesn't stick around at all. I know there are cheaper version of this type of product around but the wholesome ingredients of this one plus the amazing color I will definitely continue to purchase!

My only complaints - huge tube, huge. While great for my home kit (tons of product), it is monstrous to drag around while traveling or in my purse, planning on ordering the mini. I have found Pacifica lip tint in Guavaberry is good as a touch up over this (though it is more pink/plum/blue based & less coral, not quite a dupe). When I'm applying on my lips the packaging moves around a bit, I steady it with my fingers but that's being picky. But that's why we love MUA, we get to be picky :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by anniegirl216

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This hydrating color stick is awesome. I love this petal pink color, the smell is great, love it on my lips and cheeks. So so easy to apply you dont even need a mirror. good for you cosmetics that look perfect, what more could you ask for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I voted that I would buy this product again, but I can't foresee a need since the full-sized stick is huge! I had this stashed away as I was searching for other blushes, so I forgot how gorgeous this is. When I wear this on my lips and cheeks I look like I just woke up from 100 hours of the most restful sleep imaginable. I really think this color is for everyone, as it's very natural looking and quite pigmented. I've used it plenty of times to accent or layer over other blushes, including powders, and it works gorgeously that way. It's pretty much the color of NARS Orgasm blush (that perfect peachy-pink, with just a touch of gold shimmer), and in fact I was torn between the Orgasm Multiple and this. This is much cheaper and I'm so happy with it. I use it on both my cheeks and lips, and even though I'm acne-prone I've never broken out from using Josie's Argan Oil products.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by CSteen85

I'm using the mini-version of this, which is perfect for tossing in my bag, but I love this so much that I will probably buy the full size when I'm done anyway.
This is a multi-use product, which I love. It works well as a blush AND a lippie. I love how luxurious it feels on my skin, but also the lovely flush it gives. On my lips, it looks and feels perfect. It keeps my lips nicely hydrated and gives a beautiful pinky pop of color. It's the ONLY lip/cheek product I've tried that works exceptionally well on both areas and does not feel too dry on the lips or too greasy on the face.
I love to apply this on my face over a very small amount of argan oil (used as moisturizer). Sometimes, I like to use the tiniest bit of argan oil OVER the color stick on my cheeks to help blend it and leave my skin looking dewy.
This is a true go-to product and honestly, I can't leave home without it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It took a couple weeks for me to get into this product. It just didn't look like something that should be put on your lips.. I don't know why.. maybe the color? maybe the eucalyptus scent? But.. since I've been using it for awhile now, it hydrates my lips really well and leaves a nice pinky glow to my lips. I love that it has argan oil in it! It looks great as a blush too... I just wish it wasn't as big of a tube as it is.. cause I'd love to carry this in my small day bag.....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find that I dab this on my cheeks when I'm about to leave the house with no makeup; it gives a soft pink shimmery glow to my cheeks, blends out well, and the coloring is flattering to me. I sometimes dab some onto my lips as well. It's not highly pigmented, but that suits me fine. If I'm running to the gym, I just put on moisturizer and a swipe of this.

Smells ever so slightly of argan oil, but I find the scent fades within seconds of it going on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice pink shimmer. I use it for my cheeks and it gives a lovely glow. It doesnt last the whole day but it does for the majority of it. Id repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful color, a pinky peach with some sheen to it. It makes my cheeks look dewy when I wear this. I do find it a bit heavy feeling and feel like it could be clogging my pores (im very acne prone) it also doesnt last more than 3-4 hours on my skin which is why I didnt give it a 5. I will wear it again because the color is gorgeous, but not for everyday for fear of breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by usagi555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such a lovely color, the perfect pinky flush. It's super long lasting and somehow when I remove it at night, my skin feels great (it may be the argan oil). I use my fingers to apply and blend it and a little goes a long way. At this rate the tube will last forever!