August 22, 2014 | 1197 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Sexy Curves Full Figure

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by mrsjag51o

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! It makes my lashes long&voluminous & holds a curl without me having to use a curler! One of Rimmels best mascaras

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by talullahxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was surprisingly impressed by this mascara as it gave very good lengthening, great volume and thickness, and the best part was that it didnt flake (problem that i have with so many volumizing mascaras)
overall good product and im pleased with it! definitley would repurchase

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rimmel's Sexy Curves Full Figure is the newest off-shoot of the pretty popular curling mascara Sexy Curves. This mascara boasts a "super sized triple plump brush brush and high adhesion, quick dry formula for voluptuous volume and shapely curves". I haven't use a Rimmel mascara for years, they've never worked out for me. I was sent this mascara for free as a gift by Beauty Haven, an Australian beauty website. I haven't seen it for sale in America, and I can't find it on Rimmel's website. If it is sold in the States, it likely retails for about $8. In Australia it averaged at $24 for .27fl oz (8ml). Whether or not Rimmel tests on animals is up for debate, I've heard a lot of conflicting information, but I can tell you that Rimmel is owned by Coty Inc, who does test on animals. It's something you need to look into yourself. This mascara was made in England.
Packaging for Rimmel's Sexy Curve's Full Figure mascara varies only from it's predecessor in color. This tube is bright, metallic red. The front of the tube features the name of the mascara and a cute, shapely, corset detail. On the back of the tube is a short description and several symbols showing that more info can be found online...but I can't find it. Maybe I shouldn't be looking on Rimmel's US website. The packaging is very cute and eye catching.
Sexy Curves Full Figure has a really interesting brush. "Super sized Triple Plump" is a strange way to describe it. The brush is about an inch long and made up of three balls and a weird nub on the end. The brush is made of traditional bristles that grip a lot of product, especially the nub. This mascara wand definitely needs wiped off thoroughly before use. I find the shape of the brush difficult to work with, especially getting into corners and the base of the lashes. It also tends to grab the skin around the lashes, causing smudges and general discomfort. Not a fan of the brush.
So does the "high adhesion, quick drying" formula give my lashes sexy, full figured curves? Heck no. This mascara is indeed very adhesive..to it's self. I get a good amount of spidery clumps from Full Figure. The formula is far from quick drying and is very thick, heavy, and wet in consistency, smudging and smearing during application. The extremely wet formula results in weighted down, somewhat straightened lashes. That is the complete opposite of what a curling mascara should do. I don't get any fullness from this mascara either, but I do get something Rimmel doesn't even mention in the description, a fair amount of length. The results I get from this mascara are very disappointing and certainly not sexy.
Wear is as poor as the results. After this mascara dries, which takes longer than average, it stops smudging and starts flaking. This is a problem I've had with every Rimmel mascara I've tried, I guess they haven't improved their formula in the last five or so years. Sexy Curves Full Figure also makes my lashes feel very dry, hard, and brittle. Surprisingly this mascara doesn't make my lashes itchy or fall out. That's good..I guess..it's just something I expect from mascaras that feel this way.
For me, Rimmel's Sexy Curves Full Figure mascara is like a cosmetic nightmare. It does nothing it claims to do, but rather the opposite. It doesn't curl or thicken, but it does lengthen, not that you can tell because of the way it straightens my lashes out. At least the packaging is cute? Hey I'm just trying to look on the bright side. I'm really glad that I got this mascara for free, or I'd be raging a little. I don't recommend this mascara to my readers and I'll likely toss it out now that I've reviewed it. Is the regular Sexy Curves this wet, heavy, and disappointing?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ryanpaigee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is pretty nice :) It has a funny brush that kind of looks like a caterpillar. Even for an inexperienced mascara user like myself, the brush is easy to use. This is extremely natural looking. It gives a little length, and nice volume. It's perfect for everyday!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by KiKiDisney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I normally dont like rimmel mascaras but I was pleasantly surprised with this one. It does not clump what so ever. It made my lashes look very nice and fluttery and long and sexy. I think the best part about this mascara is that it does not irritate my eyes what so ever. My tube of this expires in a few days and normally I want to rip my eyes out when it get to this point but I dont feel that way at all with this mascara. So if you want a mascara that doesn't irritate your eyes and gives you nice lashes, give this a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Lengthens decently, volume, not so much.

The brush on this product is really weird, half of it pics up way too much product, and the other side barely has any. Ive found I really have to make a few passes with this mascara to get a decent effect. Its ok, but probably wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by dimegirl

This new (red bottle) Sexy Curves mascara is the best drug store mascara i have tried.All my friends love it too.I have very sensitive eyes and have no problems with flaking or drying up.It works just as good as the day i bought it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by littlewhisspers

I actually like this mascara because it gives me a ton of length. Even though it claims to give maximum volume, I honestly don't really see that much volume. Since I'm Asian, it gives me so much length which is a plus for me. I pair this up with a volumizing mascara and it's a perfect combination! So I think I would definately repurchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by livinggreality

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I for one really like this mascara. it curls my lashes really well (I havent tried the original sexy curves but after trying this one out I think I will!) and gives me decent length but not much volume.
hasnt flaked or smudged on me throughout my day which is awesome because my eyes are almost always watery and most mascaras/eyeliners smudge on me.

overall, I really do like this mascara and I will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Galla

I've been using the original Sexy Curves for about a year now and I quite like it. When I saw this version available at the pharmacy I thought, eh, why not and decided to give it a try. Like the previous reviewer mentioned, the mascara brush is in the same shape as the original, but the bristles aren't made of hard plastic. This is both good and bad, as the brush does a decent job of separating your lashes, but it also picks up globs of product when you pull it out of the tube so if you're not careful you can end up with a goopy, clumpy mess. As for the results, I do get a bit of extra volume, but the difference isn't significant enough to warrant a repurchase. I'm going to continue using the tube I bought, but once the three months are up I'm going back to the regular Sexy Curves.