December 19, 2014 | 1045 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Lacquer Thinner

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by badb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really dislike this thinner. A couple of reasons. First of all, I put a few drops into a bottle of polish & give it a shake, the consistency is great, but before I can do both hands, I need to add more. This is my main complaint.

The other thing is that while the dropper bottle top is handy for tidy use, mine has evaporated quite a lot over the 2 years I've had it. As in, over half has disappeared due to evaporation. I keep it in a drawer with my polishes & the drawer just reeks of np thinner.

I won't buy again. Am going to try the Sally's one next.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by mntrinemo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great for thinning polishes and I *LOVE* the dropper bottle. I've had one bottle for 6 or 7 years and I polish my nails about 3 times a week so I use this fairly often. For me Seche Restore is the HG of polish thinners so I have to give this one a 4.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by amywmy

Bought this yesterday, hoping it could thin out my Seche Vite Fast Dry Top coat. It worked so well for my other polishes like my crackle/shatter ones but not for my SV. Maybe it's true that only Seche Restore can thin out SV Fast Dry Topcoat. Anyone here can confirm that? But this product works AMAZING (one exception only) but kinda overpriced at where I'm at. May repurchase but want to also try out Seche Restore and compare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I brought this awhile ago to help extend the life of some of my older polishes that were starting to get a bit gloopy. This is much better than adding nail polish remover (acetone) to thickened polishes since it doesn't change the finish and colour of the original formula. I usually add two-three drops (depending on how thick the polish moves in the bottle) and give it a good shake. Let it settle and test it out to see how it applies. If needed, I will add a drop or two more. It really all depends on the individual polishes/brands since they vary from one another. I have also read that it could help the application of streakier polishes too, but I have yet to try that one out. Overall, I am pretty happy with this product. It's a bit pricey, but it has helped to extend the life of my favourite polishes. :)